Skip to main content

Democratic Debate Review (Debate 6)

Here's how I rank the Democratic candidates' debate performances from debate 6:

6) Joe Biden: For as much as I hate to admit this, if Trump were to nickname the former vice president Bumbling Biden after this wretched performance, I'd have to agree with him. This brought back memories of his first debate performance, where he lacked energy, emotion, or enough sleep from the previous night. He looked old, tired, and like he just didn't want to be there. I sincerely hope this wasn't a sign of things to come and hope he bounces back to his improved showings in debates 3 through 5. Otherwise, if he becomes the Democratic nominee, it's going to be so rough going in the debates between he and Trump, pilots will need to think up a different word for turbulence.

5) Tom Steyer: While it's not saying much, Steyer improved upon his previous showings. His answer with regard to foreign policy was painful to watch, though. "Why should we trust you to make those decisions?" "Because I've like traveled before." Oh, Buddha, help us...

4) Bernie Sanders: Bernie had a couple of rough moments, especially when it came to his interactions with Senator Warren. However, in the end, I don't think he really hurt himself any with his performance. It was typical Bernie, with a couple of more light-hearted moments. I had to laugh when he placed his right hand behind his right ear at one point, as if to tell the moderators, "Look at me! I'm frickin' old! Speak up, kiddos!" Oh, Bernie...

3) Amy Klobuchar: As has been typical of late, Senator Klobuchar put on a solid performance. She continually distinguished herself as a pragmatic, moderate, electable option, opposite Senators Warren and Sanders. The one line which made me cringe, however, was when she was attempting to remember Governor Kelly's name, especially for how she prefaced it: "I'm so honored to know, my dear friend, my best friend really... What's her name? Uh, uh, oh yeah, Ms. Kelly. Don't even think about asking me what her first name is!"

2) Elizabeth Warren: I think this was arguably the Massachusetts Senator's best debate performance to this point. I didn't much care for her refusal to shake Bernie's hand post-debate, but regardless, she really trolled the male candidates on the electibility of women. "Hey, you guys have lost ten times. Senator Klobuchar and I are undefeated. Suck on that, b*tches!" Okay, so she may not have said that verbatim, but I digress...

1) Pete Buttigieg: What can I say? The guy is smooth. Even when he's attacked, he seems to find a way to come out on top, whether it be through a thoughtful response or a heavy dose of snark. His most memorable line of the night, in my opinion, was when he basically said, "Am I ready to take on Donald Trump? Is he ready to join the military like I did? Oh, that's right, fake bone spurs. Boom." :: mic drop ::

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"