Skip to main content

Transcript for Podcast: "I Feel Snitty," Episode 190: "Dunce Charming: The Jordan Peterson Story" is now available!

Podcast: I Feel Snitty

Episode 190: Dunce Charming: The Jordan Peterson Story

Premiere Date: 5/24/2022

Length: 9:32 (1,438 words)

Link: https://ifeelsnitty.podbean.com/e/dunce-charming-the-jordan-peterson-story/

Transcript: 

Welcome to I Feel Snitty, episode 190, entitled, “Dunce Charming: The Jordan Peterson Story.” I’m your host, Craig Rozniecki.

 

In the past week, Canadian clinical psychologist and man voted most likely to bring a monocle to a knife fight – Jordan Peterson, recently found himself in 49-degree Celsius water. Again.

 

In response to plus-size model Yumi Nu being one of four women to grace the cover of Sports Illustrated’s Swimsuit edition, the only person to make Debbie Downer regularly come across like Marcia Brady tweeted this:

 

- “Sorry. Not beautiful. And no amount of authoritarian tolerance is going to change that.”

 

He added:

 

- “[The magazine cover] is a conscious progressive attempt to manipulate & retool the notion of beauty, reliant on the idiot philosophy that such preferences are learned & properly changed by those who know better… but don’t let the facts stop you.”

 

Lastly, he posted:

 

- “Rage away, panderers. And tell me you believe that such images are not conscious and cynical manipulation by the oh-so virtuous politically correct.”

 

Okay, before I provide my two pennies on Jordan the Grouch’s tweets, I should note, like I mentioned at the outset, this isn’t Mr. Thinks-He-Knows-It-All’s first brush with controversy – especially when it comes to sexism. Here are just a few of his breast such quotes:

 

- “Abortion is clearly wrong.”

- “The idea that women were oppressed throughout history is an appalling theory.”

- “There’s a personality trait known as agreeableness. Agreeable people are compassionate and polite. And agreeable people get paid less than disagreeable people for the same job. Women are more agreeable than men.”

- “Women deeply want men who are competent and powerful. And I don’t mean power in that they can exert tyrannical control over others. That’s not power. That’s just corruption.”

- “The people who hold that our culture is an oppressive patriarchy, they don’t want to admit that the current hierarchy might be predicated on competence.”

- “The masculine spirit is under assault. It’s obvious.”

- “You can say, ‘Well, isn’t it unfortunate that chaos is represented by the feminine’ – well, it might be unfortunate, but it doesn’t matter, because that’s how it’s represented. It’s been represented like that forever. And there are reasons for it. You can’t change it. It’s not possible. This is underneath everything.”

- “If the standard transsexual person wants to be regarded as he or she, my sense is I’ll address you according to the part that you appear to be playing.”

 

A charmer, isn’t he? Word has it, whenever his wife asks if he’d like a drink, he responds, “Don’t ask; just do it, woman! That’s your job! Now make me some meatloaf!”

 

In all seriousness, though, Jerkoff Peterson comes across like a real-life Ron Burgundy: He loves the sound of his own voice; is sexist AF; thinks he’s kind of a big deal; and likely feels a constant need to overcompensate for his mad jazz flute skills. The guy seems to believe that the earth doesn’t revolve around the sun; it revolves around traditional gender roles; patriarchy isn’t wrong, it’s order; and any woman who rejects him is obviously a lesbian.

 

When it comes to the concept of physical beauty, I find it fascinating a clinical psychologist can be so narrow and shallow. He acts like external beauty is objective; a person can be universally beautiful; and it’s scientifically inaccurate to think people have different tastes when it comes to attraction. While a fairly large majority of society may deem certain men and women to be physically appealing, every person is wired differently, and given that, we all possess unique tastes. When it comes to women, while yes, some guys prefer the skinny, perhaps too thin, model, not all men are like this. To be perfectly honest, I never thought the 5’10’’, 110 model was very appealing, but again, that’s just me. That’s my subjective opinion, not fact. I also know plenty of guys who prefer women with a little meat on their bones. There is no one right or wrong answer. To suggest otherwise would be ignorant. Yes, I’m calling Dr. Jordan Peterson ignorant. Suck it. Also, body size isn’t always the best indicator of a person’s overall health. While, yes, added weight tends to increase the risk for health problems, that isn’t always the case. Just look at the aforementioned too-thin models. You’d think a doctor, of all people, would know this, but like I just said, Quack Peterson is ignorant.

 

Speaking of which, I’d like to close this episode with a fictional dialogue I imagine the bad doctor would have with a female patient. She’ll go by the name Serendipity Sasquatch.

 

Peterson: “Ms. Sasquatch… I mean, Serendipity. No, I don’t like that either. How’s Sarah?”

 

Sasquatch: “That’s not my name.”

 

Peterson: “So, I can call you that?”

 

Sasquatch: “No”

 

Peterson: “Okay, Sarah, it says here you’re feeling down. Well, I can see why. You’re definitely not a 10.”

 

Sasquatch: “Excuse me?!?”

 

Peterson: “Men often times have a scale for women on their level of physical attractiveness. It goes from 1 to 10, with 10 being the hottest piece of ass this side of the office. You, Sarah, are not a 10.”

 

Sasquatch: “I KNOW what it means! You don’t have to explain it to me! I just can’t believe you said that!”

 

Peterson: “I only speak the truth.”

 

Sasquatch: “Says you!”

 

Peterson: “Says everyone.”

 

Sasquatch: “Not me!”

 

Peterson: “But you’re a no one, so you don’t count.”

 

Sasquatch: “Oh my God! By the way, a lot of people think I’m pretty!”

 

Peterson: “Not me. As a matter of fact, I think you’re maybe a 3 or 4 on your very best day.”

 

Sasquatch: “Oh yeah?!? Well, I think you’re a 1!”

 

Peterson: “I am #1, thank you.”

 

Sasquatch: “That’s not what I meant! Fine, Mr. Know-It-All, what’s wrong with me? What don’t you find attractive about me?”

 

Peterson: “Everything”

 

Sasquatch: “No, what specifically do you not find attractive about me?”

 

Peterson: “Specifically everything”

 

Sasquatch: “You’re too much! Ugh!”

 

Peterson: “That’s what she said.”

 

Sasquatch: “Yuck! I doubt that!”

 

Peterson: “She disagrees.”

 

Sasquatch: “Who is she?”

 

Peterson: “Debbie Deb Deb…orah”

 

Sasquatch: “You’re making that up! Nobody is basically named Deb Deb Debbie!”

 

Peterson: “Whatever. Speaking of which, where were we? Ah, yes, I was calling you a nobody. So, why are you down, besides not being famous like me and looking nastier than a deformed blobfish who just rolled around in horseshit.”

 

Sasquatch: “How are you a doctor?!?”

 

Peterson: “I’m not a doctor.”

 

Sasquatch: “What? You’re not?”

 

Peterson: “No, I’m THE doctor.”

 

Sasquatch: “You’re pretty full of yourself, aren’t you?”

 

Peterson: “That’s scientifically inaccurate.”

 

Sasquatch: “Oh, I can’t wait to hear this. Why is that, smarts?”

 

Peterson: “If I were full of myself, literally, I wouldn’t be speaking to you right now.”

 

Sasquatch: “Well, in that case, I wish you would start eating yourself. You don’t have a lot of friends, do you?”

 

Peterson: “All I need are my two best friends, Stroke and Shaft.”

 

Sasquatch: “Who in the hell are named Stroke and Shaft?”

 

Peterson: “My hands”

 

Sasquatch: “You are SO gross!”

 

Peterson: “I’m sensing a lot of anger coming from you, Sarah. Could that be a critical factor in your depression?”

 

Sasquatch: “I’m only angry because of you!”

 

Peterson: “Ah, scapegoating others for your problems, yes, that makes sense. Is there anything else you’re not telling me?”

 

Sasquatch: “You wouldn’t want to know.”

 

Peterson: “Well, that is why I’m here.”

 

Sasquatch: “Bullshit!”

 

Peterson: “There’s that anger again. What’s on your mind, Sarah?”

 

Sasquatch: “It’s Serendipity! Serendipity!”

 

Peterson: “Okay, Sarah, I think we’re getting off track here. What images are springing to mind at the moment, which may be prompting these angry outbursts?”

 

Sasquatch: “Look, all I’m going to say is they include…”

 

Peterson: “…and that’s all the time we have for today. I hope this experience was as good for you as it was for me.”

 

Sasquatch: “You suck! Oh, and by the way, your whole nastier-than-a-blobfish-who-rolled-around-in-horseshit thing? What, do you think blobfish regularly go hang out at stables? So, not only do you suck, but you’re a fucking idiot! Doctor, my ass!”

 

Peterson: “I’m not a doctor; I’m THE doctor.”

 

Sasquatch: “Yeah, the doctor of suck.”

 

Peterson: “I am not a vampire, nor a mosquito, so that’s scientifically inaccurate.”

 

Sasquatch: “Just shut up!”

 

Peterson: “First Amendment”

 

Sasquatch: “Second Amendment”

 

Peterson: “What was that?”

 

Sasquatch: “Fifth Amendment”

 

…and scene.

 

 

That’s it for today’s episode. Until next time, you can check me out on Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, Podbean, and Blogger. This has been I Feel Snitty, with Craig Rozniecki. Take care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"