Skip to main content

#ThingsJesusNeverSaid appears on Twitter yet again!

A little over two months ago, I found myself addicted to a Twitter hashtag on a Saturday afternoon, which was entitled, #ThingsJesusNeverSaid. As former ESPN SportsCenter anchor Stuart Scott used to say, I was like butter, because I was on a roll. When all was said and done, I think I came up with between 40 and 50 tweets regarding that hashtag until I finally decided to get off my lazy bum and head out for a bit. One of my tweets received so many favorites and retweets, it was regarded as one of Fusion.net's Tweets of the Week.

Well, that very hashtag made its presence known yet again on Twitter over the past 36 hours, and while it didn't trend as long as it had previously (yeah, it went from Monday to Tuesday as opposed to Saturday to Monday last time) and I didn't garner as much traction on my 13 tweets, I had fun and thought I'd share them: 

1) "I died for every one of you, except for the homos. Sure, I can forgive murderers, but Lance Bass is just too weird."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid (19 retweets, 27 favorites)

2) "Corporations are people, my friends."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid (21 retweets, 13 favorites)

3) "Nothing tickles my fancy more than televangelists using my name to get rich."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid (11 retweets, 15 favorites)

4) "I'm white, was born in America, and love nothing more than going to the shooting range at least once a week!"
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid (7 retweets, 10 favorites)

5) "Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum are definitely 100% heterosexual."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid (3 retweets, 10 favorites)

6) "Rush Limbaugh proves that marriage should be between one man & one woman, well, four times!"
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid (9 retweets, 3 favorites)

7) "If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn the other one to him also, before busting out your semi-automatic!"
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid (1 retweet, 5 favorites)

8) "I absolutely love Trump's ideas on deportation, even though I'd technically be a foreigner in the U.S.!"
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid (2 retweets, 3 favorites)

8) "You can call me JC for short, which stands for Justifying Capitalism." 
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid (2 retweets, 3 favorites)

10) "Rand Paul is right! If you're poor, you're lazy & you suck! Now where did I put my robe & sandals?"
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid (0 retweets, 4 favorites)

11) "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her. Just kidding, ya'll; I'll do it!"
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid (0 retweets, 3 favorites)

11) "Trump 2016!"
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid (1 retweet, 2 favorites)

13) "The 11th Commandment actually is, 'Thou shalt always talk about me and misuse my name during GOP debates'."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid (0 retweets, 2 favorites)

76 retweets, 100 favorites

https://twitter.com/CraigRozniecki

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"