Skip to main content

Week 14 NFL Predictions

Thursday
Game: Dallas at Chicago

Pick: Dallas - I'm not sure which team looked worse on Thanksgiving Day, as the Cowboys and Bears were outscored in their two losses by the combined score of 67-27. Even with the two teams' embarrassing displays on Thursday, I still have more faith in the 8-4 Cowboys, whom are currently on the outside looking in as far as the playoffs go and need this win against the 5-7 Bears to not be forced to play catch-up in the final three weeks of the season. I'll go with Dallas by a touchdown.

Result: Dallas 41 Chicago 28

Record: 1-0


Sunday
Game: Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

Pick: Cincinnati - Pittsburgh was unbeaten at home until New Orleans beat them 35-32 on Sunday. Cincinnati needed a bit of luck to hold off 2-10 Tampa Bay by the final score of 14-13. Both teams have been more inconsistent than fast food quality, but due to Pittsburgh's road struggles, I'm going to give the slight edge to the Bengals. I'll take Cincy by 4.

Result: Pittsburgh 42 Cincinnati 21

Record: 1-1


Game: St. Louis at Washington

Pick: St. Louis - The two teams may only be separated by two games, but while St. Louis is better than their 5-7 record would indicate, Washington is right where they should be at 3-9. I'll go with the Rams on the road by 6.

Result: St. Louis 24 Washington 0

Record: 2-1


Game: NY Giants at Tennessee

Pick: NY Giants - After losing to then 1-win Jacksonville, some may wonder why I'm taking the New York Giants against 2-win Tennessee. To be perfectly honest, I haven't the slightest idea. However, given Tom Coughlin's good history in coaching and the fact Tennessee has lost six straight games, I'm going to give the edge to the Giants. I'll take New York by 4.

Result: NY Giants 36 Tennessee 7

Record: 3-1


Game: Carolina at New Orleans

Pick: New Orleans - At this point in the season, while New Orleans continues to fight week in and week out for a playoff bid, it appears as if Carolina has all but given up. With the game at home, I'll take the hungry Saints over the hapless Panthers. I'll go with New Orleans by two touchdowns.

Result: Carolina 41 New Orleans 10

Record: 3-2


Game: NY Jets at Minnesota

Pick: Minnesota - Minnesota is a better team than many seem to realize and should have no problem against the now-Geno-Smith-led-again New York Jets. I'll take the Vikings at home by 10.

Result: Minnesota 30 NY Jets 24 OT

Record: 4-2


Game: Baltimore at Miami

Pick: Miami - This was a tough game for me to pick, but with the game being at home and the Dolphins defense being one of the best in the AFC, I'm going to give a very slight edge to them. I'll take Miami at home by a field goal.

Result: Baltimore 28 Miami 13

Record: 4-3


Game: Indianapolis at Cleveland

Pick: Indianapolis - It's now Johnny Football time in Cleveland, after starter Brian Hoyer came down with a serious case of a condition known as the suckies. While Manziel should be able to provide some excitement against the mediocre Colts defense, it won't be enough to counter Andrew Luck and company on the other side of the ball. I'll take Indy by 10.

Result: Indianapolis 25 Cleveland 24

Record: 5-3


Game: Tampa Bay at Detroit

Pick: Detroit - Detroit has a pretty favorable schedule coming down the stretch. That starts with a 2-win Tampa Bay team at home. If Detroit wants a serious chance at making the playoffs, they're going to have to win games like this, and I think they should. I'll take the Lions by 10.

Result: Detroit 34 Tampa Bay 17

Record: 6-3


Game: Houston at Jacksonville

Pick: Houston - Don't look now, but with a win, the Houston Texans would improve to 7-6 and have a shot at contending for a Wild Card spot. I think they should do just that and beat the Jaguars on the road by 10.

Result: Houston 27 Jacksonville 13

Record: 7-3


Game: Buffalo at Denver

Pick: Denver - The only question mark I have about this game is how Peyton Manning and company will fare against the Buffalo Bills stout defense. If this had been played right after the game against St. Louis, I might have thought about taking the Bills in an upset. However, since that game, Denver has gone to more of a balanced attack on offense, which has helped protect Manning in the pocket a great deal. Assuming that trend continues, I'll take the Broncos at home by 10.

Result: Denver 24 Buffalo 17

Record: 8-3


Game: Kansas City at Arizona

Pick: Kansas City - It sounds strange to say, but both of these teams, which have a combined record of 16-8, are desperate for answers and wins. Kansas City dropped their second straight to fall to 7-5 in a rather crazy AFC Wild Card race and would really like to avoid dropping to 7-6. Arizona, while still the top seed in the NFC, has also lost two straight, and has seen its lead in the NFC West shrink to one game. Both teams are struggling to find answers on offense and will need to start finding answers soon if they want to be playing in the post-season. With Fitzgerald and Ellington's health in question and Drew Stanton's effectiveness in question as well, I'm going to give the slight edge to Kansas City, and take the Chiefs on the road by 4.

Result: Arizona 17 Kansas City 14

Record: 8-4


Game: Seattle at Philadelphia

Pick: Seattle - Both teams looked impressive in their Thanksgiving Day victories and both appear primed to make the playoffs. However, while there are still question marks regarding the consistency of Mark Sanchez, Seattle's defense has finally gotten healthy and appears to be the defense from last year once again. I look for Seattle's defense to frustrate the before-mentioned Sanchez, force a couple of turnovers, and for Marshawn Lynch to have a big day against the Eagles mediocre defense. I'll take Seattle by 3.

Result: Seattle 24 Philadelphia 14

Record: 9-4


Game: San Francisco at Oakland

Pick: San Francisco - With the way San Francisco's offense has played, don't be shocked to see Oakland keep this game close. However, I just can't for the life of me pull the trigger and take the upset here. I'll take the 49ers by 10.

Result: Oakland 24 San Francisco 13

Record: 9-5


Game: New England at San Diego

Pick: New England - While it appears that San Diego may have things in order again after a month's worth of struggles, I have a difficult time seeing Bill Belichick and his Patriots losing two straight. I'll go with the Pats by 3.

Result: New England 23 San Diego 14

Record: 10-5


Monday
Game: Atlanta at Green Bay

Pick: Green Bay - At Lambeau Field, Aaron Rodgers is pretty much A-U-T-O-M-A-T-I-C. I'll take the Packers at home by a couple of touchdowns.

Result: Green Bay 43 Atlanta 37

Record: 11-5


Week 14 Record: 11-5 (.688)

Overall Record: 129-78-1 (.623)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"