Skip to main content

Week 17 NFL Predictions

Sunday
Game: Carolina at Atlanta

Pick: Atlanta - As sad as it is to say since Carolina comes into this game at 6-8-1 and Atlanta stands at 6-9, the winner of this game will win the NFC South and play a home game in the playoffs. Since this game is at home for the Falcons and I like they're playing more so than the Panthers, I'll take the Falcons at home by a field goal.

Result: Carolina 34 Atlanta 3

Record: 0-1


Game: Cleveland at Baltimore

Pick: Baltimore - After losing to Houston, Baltimore is now on the outside looking in when it comes to a Wild Card spot. With this game at home and playing against the now seemingly hapless Browns, I think the Ravens will at least do their part to make the playoffs. Now all they'll need is for San Diego to fall to Kansas City. I'll go with the Ravens by 10.

Result: Baltimore 20 Cleveland 10

Record: 1-1


Game: Dallas at Washington

Pick: Dallas - While Dallas has the NFC East title wrapped up, the NFC still doesn't know who will have home-field advantage through the playoffs, so the Cowboys still have something to play for. Lucky for them, they face off against Washington, who, despite their upset win over Philly on Saturday, is 4-11 on the season. I'll go with the Cowboys by 10.

Result: Dallas 44 Washington 17

Record: 2-1


Game: Indianapolis at Tennessee

Pick: Indianapolis - The Colts looked awful against the Cowboys on Sunday, but should be able to rebound against a 2-13 Tennessee team that's coming off a loss to then 2-12 Jacksonville. I'll take the Colts by 10.

Result: Indianapolis 27 Tennessee 10

Record: 3-1


Game: Detroit at Green Bay

Pick: Green Bay - This game is for the NFC North title. The Lions have played dangerously close games all year, and with this game at Lambeau, so long as Aaron Rodgers is healthy, he and the Packers should be able to win this one. I'll take Green Bay by 10.

Result: Green Bay 30 Detroit 20

Record: 4-1


Game; Jacksonville at Houston

Pick: Houston - As crazy as it sounds, 8-7 Houston is still mathematically alive for a playoff spot. Sure, they'll need lots of help, but even if they don't make the playoffs, the worst they can finish is 8-8 - not bad for a team that went 2-14 a year ago and had the #1 pick in the draft. I'll take the Texans by 10.

Result: Houston 23 Jacksonville 17

Record: 5-1


Game: San Diego at Kansas City

Pick: San Diego - This was probably the most difficult game for me to pick. However, while it's difficult for me to pick against the Chiefs at Arrowhead, Kansas City is just 1-4 in their last five, and with a win, San Diego will guarantee themselves a spot in the playoffs. Given all that, I'll take the Chargers by 4.

Result: Kansas City 19 San Diego 7

Record: 5-2


Game: NY Jets at Miami

Pick: Miami - The Jets have been playing better football of late, especially on defense. Even so, I think Miami has the better team, and with the game at home, I'll go with the Dolphins by 4.

Result: NY Jets 37 Miami 24

Record: 5-3


Game: Chicago at Minnesota

Pick: Minnesota - Who knows who will start behind center for Chicago. They appear to be an aging team, without much motivation. Minnesota, meanwhile, appears to be a youthful team, still motivated to fight every game, with hope for the future. I'll take the Vikings at home by a field goal.

Result: Minnesota 13  Chicago 9

Record: 6-3


Game: Buffalo at New England

Pick: Buffalo - With Denver losing on Monday night, New England has the top seed wrapped up in the AFC, so I highly doubt most key starters will see significant playing time in this game. If I hear otherwise, I may switch my pick, but for now, I'll go with the Bills by a field goal.

Result: Buffalo 17 New England 9

Record: 7-3


Game: Philadelphia at NY Giants

Pick: Philadelphia - I think Philly definitely has the better team, but after being eliminated from playoff contention, I do have to question their motivation going into this game. Even so, I'll tentatively go with the Eagles by 6.

Result: Philadelphia 34 NY Giants 26

Record: 8-3


Game: New Orleans at Tampa Bay

Pick: New Orleans - Even though the Saints have been eliminated from playoff contention, I have a difficult time seeing Drew Brees and company not playing with motivation in this game, especially against the cellar dwellers of the NFC South. Also, New Orleans has played well on the road over the past couple months and Tampa Bay has played awful at home this year. I'll take the Saints by a touchdown.

Result: New Orleans 23 Tampa Bay 20

Record: 9-3


Game: Oakland at Denver

Pick: Denver - Oakland is playing better football of late, but I still can't see the young Raiders going to Denver and beating the Broncos. I'll take the Broncos by a couple of touchdowns.

Result: Denver 47 Oakland 14

Record: 10-3


Game: Arizona at San Francisco

Pick: San Francisco - Even though I've been incredibly impressed by the job Bruce Arians has done at Arizona, I have a hard time trusting their banged up offense, even against a reeling San Francisco squad. If the 49ers offense plays even half as well in this game as they did against San Diego on Saturday, I think the Niners will prevail. I'll go with the 49ers by 6.

Result: San Francisco 20 Arizona 17

Record: 11-3


Game: St. Louis at Seattle

Pick: Seattle - St. Louis stole a game away from Seattle earlier this season, thanks to some trickery on special teams. I don't expect a repeat of that performance, especially in Seattle. I'll take the Seahawks at home by 10.

Result: Seattle 20 St. Louis 6

Record: 12-3


Game: Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

Pick: Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh's been great at home this year, Cincinnati has been incredibly inconsistent, especially on the road, and with the Steelers defense showing some signs of improvement the past couple weeks, I'll give them the slight edge in this one. I'm going with Pittsburgh by 3.

Result: Pittsburgh 27 Cincinnati 17

Record: 13-3


Week 17 Record: 13-3 (.813)

Overall Record: 163-92-1 (.639)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"