Skip to main content

Week 15 NFL Predictions

Thursday
Game: Arizona at St. Louis

Pick: St. Louis - St. Louis is playing good football right now. They've outscored their opponents 76-0 over the past two weeks and with this game at home in a shortened week, I like for the Rams to improve to an even 7-7 with a big home win against the struggling Cardinals. I'll take the Rams by a field goal.

Result: Arizona 12 St. Louis 6

Record: 0-1


Sunday
Game: Pittsburgh at Atlanta

Pick: Pittsburgh - Teams in the AFC North and NFC South are the teams I have the most trouble figuring out. Pittsburgh's struggled on the road, but beat Cincinnati on their home field 42-21 on Sunday. Atlanta has played well at home, but I have little confidence in any NFC South team at the moment. Given that, I'm going to go with the Steelers to win their second road game in two weeks, this one by 4.

Result: Pittsburgh 27 Atlanta 20

Record: 1-1


Game: Washington at NY Giants

Pick: NY Giants - Here's a battle for the "least" in the NFC East. The loser of this game could very well finish as the cellar dweller in their division. This is especially the case if 3-10 Washington loses. Since the game is on the road and it appears as if there's less stability in the Washington locker room than in Congress, I'm going to lean toward the Giants and take them by 4.

Result: NY Giants 24 Washington 13

Record: 2-1


Game: Miami at New England

Pick: New England - With the Patriots already losing once this year to the Dolphins, I have a very hard time seeing them lose again, especially at home. I'll go with the Pats to all but end the Dolphins playoff hopes, and win by 10.

Result: New England 41 Miami 13

Record: 3-1


Game: Oakland at Kansas City

Pick: Kansas City - This is actually a more difficult game to pick than I would have expected 3-4 weeks ago. Oakland may be 2-11, but their two wins are against teams with a combined record of 14-12, one of them being Kansas City. The Chiefs, meanwhile, after going 6-1 following their 1-2 start to move to an impressive 7-3, have lost three straight, and are getting close to desperation mode for wins coming down the stretch to keep their playoff hopes alive. Kansas City's offense has been struggling a great deal, but I have a difficult time seeing them get swept by the Raiders, especially with this game at Arrowhead. I'll take Kansas City by a touchdown.

Result: Kansas City 31 Oakland 13

Record: 4-1


Game: Houston at Indianapolis

Pick: Indianapolis - If this game were played in Houston, I might go with the upset. However, with the game in Indy, I have to give the edge to Andrew Luck and the Colts. I'll take Indianapolis by 10.

Result: Indianapolis 17 Houston 10

Record: 5-1


Game: Jacksonville at Baltimore

Pick: Baltimore - Jacksonville's 2-11 and Baltimore, at 8-5, are in fight-for-a-playoff-spot mode. With the game at home, I have a hard time seeing the Ravens lose this one to the Jaguars. I'll take Baltimore by a couple of touchdowns.

Result: Baltimore 20 Jacksonville 12

Record: 6-1


Game: Green Bay at Buffalo

Pick: Buffalo - Here's my upset pick of the week. Green Bay has been on a roll of late, but haven't been nearly as convincing in their road games this year. Buffalo's defense will get to Aaron Rodgers and knock him around more than any team before them. This will likely limit the Packers' offensive production. On the other side of the ball, so long as Kyle Orton receives adequate protection, expect he and Sammy Watkins to have a nice game, nice enough to keep them in the AFC playoff race with a big win. I'll go with the Bills by a field goal.

Result: Buffalo 21 Green Bay 13

Record: 7-1


Game: Tampa Bay at Carolina

Pick: Tampa Bay - I initially took Carolina, but due to Cam Newton's car accident and subsequent injury, I have to assume, like Tony Romo who had a similar injury, Newton will miss at least one game. If doctors announce he's okay to play, I may change my pick back to Carolina, but without a healthy Cam Newton, I'm leaning toward the Bucs. I'll take Tampa by a field goal.

Result: Carolina 19 Tampa Bay 17

Record: 7-2


Game: Cincinnati at Cleveland

Pick: Cincinnati - Their previous meeting was dominated by Cleveland in Cincinnati, where Andy Dalton had his worst game as an NFL quarterback. With the Browns starting to reel and Dalton and the Bengals wanting to prove themselves, I expect Cincinnati to get payback and win this one by a touchdown.

Result: Cincinnati 30 Cleveland 0

Record: 8-2


Game: NY Jets at Tennessee

Pick: NY Jets - If Michael Vick were quarterbacking the Jets in this game, I think I would definitely take them. With Geno Smith back at the helm, however, I have to figure there will be at least one pick-six in the game and it makes me a bit more hesitant on matters. Even so, while the Jets have lost a pair of close games in the past two weeks against the likes of Miami and Minnesota, Tennessee has gotten pummeled. So, I will reluctantly go with the Jets on the road by a field goal.

Result: NY Jets 16 Tennessee 11

Record: 9-2


Game: Denver at San Diego

Pick: San Diego - Here's my other semi-surprise of the week. Denver, perhaps due to injuries, has not been playing great football of late. San Diego may have lost a tough one to New England on Sunday night, but still appear to be playing decent football on both sides of the ball, and with the game at home, I'm going to give the slight edge to the Chargers. Look for Philip Rivers to help his offense dominate time of possession and keep Peyton Manning and the Broncos offense off the field. I'll take the Chargers by 3.

Result: Denver 22 San Diego 10

Record: 9-3


Game: Minnesota at Detroit

Pick: Detroit - Both teams are led by their defenses, so don't expect a great deal of scoring in this one. With the game at home and a healthy Calvin Johnson back in action for the Lions, though, I'll take them to win by a touchdown.

Result: Detroit 16 Minnesota 14

Record: 10-3


Game: San Francisco at Seattle

Pick: Seattle - These teams have gone in polar opposite directions in recent weeks. In their last three games, Seattle has won against teams with the combined record of 26-13 (Arizona, San Francisco, and Philadelphia) by the combined score of 62-20. San Francisco, meanwhile, has lost its past two games against teams with the combined record of 11-15 (Seattle and Oakland) by the combined score of 43-16. Expect for these trends to continue, for the Seahawks to keep rolling, and for the 49ers to keep reeling. I'll take Seattle by 10.

Result: Seattle 17 San Francisco 7

Record: 11-3


Game: Dallas at Philadelphia

Pick: Philadelphia - For how Philly handled Dallas at home on Thanksgiving, I have a hard time seeing the Cowboys figure everything out in the matter of a couple weeks. I'll take the Eagles at home by a touchdown.

Result: Dallas 38 Philadelphia 27

Record: 11-4


Monday
Game: New Orleans at Chicago

Pick: New Orleans - Here we have two of the worst defenses in the league and two of the most disappointing offenses in the league. Unfortunately for the Bears, they've won just one home game this year, have lost Brandon Marshall for the season, and don't have a shot at the playoffs. The Saints, a team that can suddenly win on the road but not at home, at 5-8 in the NFC South, sadly still have a shot at the playoffs. Given the mindsets going in, as well as the injury situation, I'm going to reluctantly take the Saints by a touchdown.

Result: New Orleans 31 Chicago 15

Record: 12-4


Week 15 Record: 12-4 (.750)

Overall Record: 141-82-1 (.632)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"