Skip to main content

A racist teacher's Facebook rant: "I'm not racist!" Yes, you are...

Following the video that surfaced regarding a McKinney, Texas pool party, where officer Eric Casebolt pulled out a gun and started waving it in the direction of some black teenagers, not before kneeling on a 14-year-old girl's back for several minutes, Casebolt resigned from the police force. In response to his resignation, Frenship ISD teacher Karen Fitzgibbons posted this message on her Facebook page, which has since been deleted:

"I'm going to just go ahead and say it....the blacks are the ones causing problems and this 'racial tension.' I guess that's what happens when you flunk out of school and have no education. I'm sure their parents are just as guilty for not knowing what their kids were doing; or knew it and didn't care. I'm almost to the point of wanting them all segregated on one side of town so they can hurt each other and leave the innocent people alone. Maybe the 50s and 60s were really on to something. Now, let the bashing of my true and honest opinion begin.... GO! #imnotracist #imsickofthemcausingtrouble #itwasagatedcommunity."

Hilariously enough, Ms. Fitzgibbons later attempted to apologize for her rant by saying it "was not directed at any one person or group," adding, "It was not an educational post; it was a personal experience post. ... I apologized to the appropriate people."

Like in most such situations, I'm not sure which was worse, Ms. Fitzgibbons' initial rant or her attempt at an apology.

"[The post] was not directed at any one person or group."

Uh, yes it was...

"I'm going just go ahead and say it....the blacks are the ones causing problems and this 'racial tension.'..."

What was that again you said in your apology, Ms. Fitzgibbons?

"[It] was not directed at any one person or group."

That's what I thought...

What ironically cracked me up even more than the "apology," though, were Ms. Fitzgibbons' hashtags, which included: #imnotracist, #imsickofthemcausingtrouble, and #itwasagatedcommunity. The sequencing of those hashtags is classic as well.

Let's again read what the Bennett Elementary School teacher had to say in her Facebook post:

"I'm going to just go ahead and say it....the blacks are the ones causing problems and this 'racial tension.' I guess that's what happens when you flunk out of school and have no education. I'm sure their parents are just as guilty for not knowing what their kids were doing; or knew it and didn't care. I'm almost to the point of wanting them all segregated on one side of town so they can hurt each other and leave the innocent people alone. Maybe the 50s and 60s were really on to something. Now, let the bashing of my true and honest opinion begin.... GO!"

How did she follow that up? "I'm not racist."

It amazes me how some people believe if they say they're not a racist (or sexist, homophobic, etc.), that will thereby negate a racist comment they just uttered or are about to say. It's reminiscent of the, I'm not a racist, but..." line I hear every now and again.

"I'm not a racist, but them Mexicans are all illegal and can't speak no good English!"

With that kind of mentality, do these same individuals believe that if they get caught having an affair with someone, by simply saying, "#imnotanadulterer," that will make it so?

In this case, Karen Fitzgibbons blames blacks for causing all the problems and "racial tension." She then goes on to claim they're all uneducated and have bad parents. Not only that, she goes as far to say she doesn't mind the thought of segregation anymore, because that way blacks can just hurt one another and not the "innocents" (you know, because whites are always innocent...). Yet, following her rant, she actually has the gall to list these hashtags: #imnotracist, #imsickofthemcausingtrouble, and #itwasagatedcommunity? Wow... As I mentioned earlier, even just the sequencing of those hashtags is oddly humorous. She started by saying "#imnotracist" and immediately followed that up with "#imsickofthemcausingtrouble" - "them" meaning blacks, of course ("I'm almost to the point of wanting THEM all segregated..."). So Karen Fitzgibbons went on to showcase herself as a racist in her rant, before attempting to excuse herself of that label by claiming she's not with a hashtag, and then once again going on to showcase herself as a racist with the subsequent hashtag. With a post and hashtags like that, I may have to double-check to make sure this wasn't a piece written by someone at The Onion.

Face it, Karen Fitzgibbons, you're a racist and no hashtag is going to prove otherwise.

http://lubbockonline.com/interact/blog-post/adam-d-young/2015-06-11/frenship-teacher-deletes-mckinneysegregation-post-creates#.VXmd1_lViko

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/10/us/mckinney-texas-pool-party-video/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"