Skip to main content

Dream Analysis

I earned my degree in Psychology. I studied Freud. I've had some dreams that felt so real, I woke up sweating more than a pig walking a desert in Phoenix. There have been times when I go about my day and pause, thinking for a moment, "Wait, didn't I already do this?," because I dreamt it a night or two prior. So, yes, I am fascinated by dreams and believe they can tell us more than we'd think initially. However, if you happen to read a book or go to a site and check through interpretations of different colors, numbers, objects and other things, along with people, that may appear in dreams, some of the symbolism doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I'll give you five examples to go along with my commentary, before attempting to think along these same lines to make interpretations of my own for different images that could appear in one's dreams.


Maroon - If this color appears in your dream, it's said to symbolize courage, bravery, heroism and strength.


My take: Yes, because when I think courage and bravery, maroon immediately springs to mind. Last I heard, the army was thinking about switching from green to maroon camouflage. They'll then need to bring along some maroon spray paint, so they can better blend in with the grass.


Chipmunk - If a chipmunk makes an appearance in your dream, it suggests that you're holding onto something in the past and that you need to finally let go of that something.


My take: I remember reading the biography of Alvin, Simon and Theodore. They all had a rough childhood. Alvin was making money by selling coke in school to classmates. Simon slept with Alvin's girlfriend back in his senior year of high school. Theodore was rejected by a guy he had a crush on for years, Franklin. This prompted word to spread around town and from that point forward, it was common knowledge that Teddy was gay. They just need to get over these mistakes they made and embarrassments they suffered. These events transpired years ago. It's time to let go and move forward.


Thirty-Nine - That's right, if the number 39 appears in your dream, it obviously symbolizes understanding, thoughtfulness, meditation and mental superiority.


My take: Live 70 years? 80 years? 126 years? I'm sorry. You may have lived for between three-quarters and one and one-quarter of a century, but you will always lack the understanding, thoughtfulness and mental superiority of a 39-year old. Maybe there's a reason that when a person turns 40, they are said to be over the hill, because 39 will be the pinnacle of their existence. 


Coconuts - Now, if you see some coconuts in your dream, these supposedly foretell that you'll be receiving an unexpected gift of money shortly.


My take: I have a feeling I know how this interpretation came about. A dream analyst was arguing about Freud with who he saw as an amateur when tensions escalated to the point of a food fight. The only things that were in a close proximity to them were coconuts. As a result, the analyst got knocked in the head with a couple coconuts by the amateur. Following these events, the analyst collapsed, appeared in a daze, before he blurted out, "Do you see that? It's money! A whole lot of money! It was a gift!"

Parking Lot - If you see yourself in a parking lot during the course of a dream, this suggests that you need to take things a bit slower and take some time to relax from all of your daily activities.


My take: This actually makes sense. I saw a study which was released recently and it revolved around the effectiveness of relaxation. In this study, it was found that the five following activities were the most relaxing, counting down from five: 5) Going to a movie, 4) Watching television, 3) Reading a book, 2) Sleeping and 1) Chilling in a parking lot. 


Barbara: "Where are you going, sweetie?"


George: "It's been a long week. I need some time to relax."


Barbara: "Ah, going to the parking lot again?"


George: "Yeah, don't wait up for me."




Okay, so those were actual dream interpretations. Now it's my turn. Here we go...

Green - If the color green is present in your dream, I have some good news for you. Before long, you will be making a lot of money with a lawn service you'll call "Getting High On Your Grass".


Grey - Chances are, if your dream possesses the color gray, you were Wile E. Coyote in a past life.


Orange - A restraining order may be in the works if you dream of the color orange. It means that an ex-girlfriend of yours is quite angry with you and regardless if it's October or not, she wants to carve you up like a pumpkin. Be on the lookout!


Yellow - If you dream of yellow, I suggest you buy a lot of condoms, because you'll be getting around, more so than usual.


Blue - Blue is a very interesting color as far as dream interpretations go. Assuming you're a parent or will be someday, blue simply means that a child of yours will one day believe he or she is a smurf and will need an evaluation and pills, before being taken to the loony bin. I always said that video games and rock music weren't bad influences on our children. It's all about the smurfs.


Dog - A dog symbolizes that you'd like someone to play with you and since you haven't been played with for so long, you wish you could lick your own balls.


Mime - This illustrates your idea of a perfect date or marriage.


12 - The number 12 suggests that you will play professional football (American) one day, wear the #12 and change your last name to Uno Dos.


A Tree - In a dream, a tree showcases your strange fascination with monkeys, wishing you could be one for a day so you could chuck your dung at random people.


Darth Vader - This means that you have a very unusual taste in fashion.


Hummer - Dreaming of a hummer is due to what we dream analysts refer to as average-size penis envy.


Fight - This is foreshadowing a bar brawl you'll get into next weekend over whether or not Santa Claus is real. Judging by the red stocking cap you're wearing in July and the shirt which reads "My Ho's Come About Year Round," you're the believer.


Dancing - This just provides a flashback of when you tried doing The Robot to the song "Unchained Melody" at your senior prom.


Fruit - You're going to host a party in the next couple weeks where you only invite guys and you spend all night bobbing for one another's apples.


Golf - This depicts a fear you have that Tiger Woods is using his wood to drive the ball toward your wife's holes.

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"