Skip to main content

A Jeremy Meeks satire

Jeremy Meeks, whose mugshot went viral not too long ago and was labeled as the "handsome felon" and "hot mugshot guy," among other things, is a sad story on multiple counts.

First off, it's sad that any person can get off-track as Meeks has, and regardless of how hard they try to turn the corner, the bad cycle continues. According to his records, he's been in and out of trouble since 2002. It started with a two-year sentence for grand theft of a person. Meeks then got into trouble again in 2005 when he was arrested for alleged identity theft. He was listed as a defendant in Spokane, Washington courts on five separate occasions from 2005 to 2007. His most recent charges included five felony weapon charges and one gang charge. Unfortunately, this latest incident wasn't Meeks' first, but as always, I hope like with other felons, he's able to turn his life around.

The other sad part of the story was how women all over the country appeared to fall hopelessly in "love" with Meeks (lust may be the more appropriate term here). Thousands upon thousands commented on the mugshot with statements such as the following:

- "Momma, I'm in love with a criminal."

- "Sexy and dangerous. ..can make any woman go crazy."

- "Mmm he sexy. I normally go for bad boys. Lol all though I am changing on that. Lol still cute tho x"

- "oh the possibilities...so much potential here. You can always send him to my house to get rehabilitated :0~"

- "Wow... . . He is handsome... . He should be a model... . . He just perfect... . . Eyes, lips ... . Ummmm just like the doctor prescribed .. . Hugs& kisses for him ..."

- "OMG, those eyes are piercing through my soul."

While some of the commentators may have been joking, many played into the notion that women often times prefer the bad-boy, the challenge, and the potential man she could see him being with some effort on her part to change him, over the nice/good guy whom doesn't need as much molding. For as much anti-nice guy rants as I've heard in recent weeks and months, I now just have to point to Jeremy Meeks' mugshot and say, "I'm sorry... I'm not sure if I heard you correctly. Could you repeat that please? Thanks..." Sadly, it often times appears for both men and women that, regardless of personality, sense of humor, intellect, etc., what it all comes down to is physical attraction, and if that physical attraction is present, everything else is fairly meaningless. For me, personally, regardless of how attractive I see a person initially, that level of attraction can alter rather significantly as I get to know them better. I've known what I thought were beautiful models whom I couldn't bare to look at after a while, and known what I thought were average-looking individuals, whom appeared more gorgeous than any model after I truly got to know them. In any case, for as sad as this story is on multiple levels, given the thousands of crazy-going-gaga-for-Meeks comments I read, I thought it'd be funny to write a fictional dialogue between one of these ladies and her parents...

Setting: An attractive, successful, young adult woman, whom is visiting her parents over the holidays

:: the daughter rings the doorbell, and upon the door opening, gives her mother and father each a big hug, before they all sit on a chair and the couch in the front room ::

Mrs. Delores Clitoris-Shrieks: "It's so wonderful to see you again, sweetheart! How have you been doing? How's work? Any boyfriend you've yet to tell us about?"

Mr. Jerome Shrieks: "Let her settle in, Delores. Geez... Can I get you a drink?"

Cyndi Shrieks: "A glass of wine would be great! Thanks, dad."

:: Jerome pours them all some wine ::

Delores: "So, how's work going?"

Cyndi: "Great, actually! I just got a bonus, and may receive a promotion and raise at the start of next year! Honestly, things couldn't be going better!"

Jerome: "That's wonderful! We're so proud of you!"

Delores: "Yes, we most certainly are! So, any new guys in your life?"

Jerome: "Come on - does she really want to talk to us about this?"

Cyndi: "Oh, it's okay, dad. Actually, there is one guy I'm gaga over right now."

Delores: "Really? What's his name, and when do we get to meet him?"

Cyndi: "His name is Jeremy, and I'm not sure when exactly you'd get to meet him. He and I haven't even met yet."

Jerome: "Wait - what?"

Delores: "Oh, is this one of those online things?"

Cyndi: "Well, kind of, but not exactly. We didn't start talking on an online dating site if that's what you're asking. I've actually never talked to him before. I did first see his picture online, though."

Jerome: "Hmm... I'm confused. So, you two have never talked?"

Delores: "Nevermind that, dear. So, what's he look like?"

Cyndi: "Oh my God, mom! He is so hot! I've never seen a man that was so gorgeous before! I think I'm in love! He has a darker complexion, well, it's perfect. He has the bluest eyes I've ever seen. He's covered in tattoos, and even has one of a tear-drop underneath one of his eyes. I never used to like bright orange on guys, but it looks perfect on him!"

Delores: "Wow - he does sound like a looker!"

Jerome: "Wait a minute... Honey, did you say bright orange? Where exactly did you see this guy?"

Cyndi: "Oh, he was in the news recently. It was his mugshot picture for a few felony charges. He might be in jail for the next ten years, but I'll wait for him! I'm so in love! I can help change him! I know I can! I want to have his babies!"

Delores: "Oh my..." :: chugs the rest of her wine ::

Jerome: "Whoa - sweetie. You know I love you, but you can do so much better than this guy. I, I, I..." :: takes a couple shots of whiskey ::

Cyndi: "Oh, don't worry, dad. I honestly don't think I can do better. He's perfect, just perfect. I'll just wait a decade for him to get out of jail, make him divorce his wife, and we'll be set. We'll finally be a family."

Delores/Jerome: "He's married?"

Cyndi: "Well, yeah..."

Jerome: "So, you're in love with a married criminal you've never met, nor even spoken to?"

Cyndi: "I know! Isn't it great? Aren't you happy for me? I'm finally in love! I've found the one!"

Delores: "Well, a picture online..." :: starts doing shots of whiskey ::

Cyndi: "Regardless... I've found my soul-mate!"

Jerome: "Oh, Jesus..."

Delores: "Yes, let's all pray..."

Cyndi: "For my true love to get out of jail early?"

Jerome: "God help us!"

Delores: "Jesus..."

Cyndi: "Amen!"

Delores/Jerome: :: facepalms ::

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/sunday-commentary/20140725-falling-in-love-with-a-mug-shot.ece

http://necolebitchie.com/2014/06/felon-jeremy-meeks-speaks-out-on-his-sexy-mugshot-goes-viral/

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/sunday-commentary/20140725-falling-in-love-with-a-mug-shot.ece

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"