Skip to main content

Trump comes across as the Stoner-In-Chief

It seems that every time I listen to Donald Trump speak, I'm left flabbergasted as to how this man could have become our president. A recent speech he gave in front of the United States Navy aboard the USS Gerald R. Ford in Newport News, Virginia, was no exception.

When reading this speech, like most Donald Trump speeches, I envisioned him being drunk, because that's how he comes across. The speech was written at a grade 7 reading level (which means it can be understood by most 12-13-year-olds). While the average number of words per sentence is preferred to be in the 15 to 20 range, Trump's average was 11.53. Similarly, his average number of syllables per word was lower than the average overall, as he averaged 1.44 compared to 1.66, which is considered "normal."

Here are some of the standout moments from Trump's speech:

"Thank you.  Thank you very much.  What an honor.  They just gave me this beautiful jacket.  They said, here, Mr. President, please take this home.  I said, let me wear it. And then they gave me the beautiful hat, and I said, you know, maybe I'll do that.  We have a great 'Make America Great Again' hat, but I said, this is a special day, we're wearing this.  Right? I have no idea how it looks, but I think it looks good.  It's a great-looking hat -- just like this is a great-looking ship."

This is how he started the speech. The man already sounds stoned or drunk off his rocker. In my opinion, why stop there? He should have continued with something like, "They just gave me this beautiful jacket. I said let me wear it and I did. Then they gave me a beautiful hat and I wore that too. See my shoes? I got those a little while back. Aren't they nice and shiny? Am I wearing socks? Let me look. Yes, I am. See them? I can't remember when or where I got those. I bet it was at a nice place, though, like really nice, bigly nice. I'm also wearing a shirt and pants and tie and undies. I'm not going to show you these undies, though, okay? These are undies only my three wives have seen, I think. Well, anyway, where was I? Who else here is wearing clothes of any kind?"

"The soon-to-be commissioned Gerald R. Ford USS -- what a place.  It really feels like a place.  You stand on that deck, and you feel like you're standing on a very big piece of land.  But this is better than land.  It will not only be a great symbol of American strength, but a great legacy for your father, and our former President, Gerald Ford."

Here comes the Stoner-In-Chief once again! "Hey Cheech. Close your eyes, mon. Breathe the air. Feel the air. Be the air. Smell the, uh, air, you know? It's all around you, mon. Where we are, like right now, is somewhere out there. We're like in a place mon, like seriously. We're standing on land, but it's like more than land; it's like super-land and sh*t, you know? Far out! Okay, give me another hit!"

"America has always been the country that boldly leads the world into the future, and my budget will ensure we do so and continue to do exactly that.  American ships will sail the seas.  American planes will soar the skies.  American workers will build our fleets. And America’s military will ensure that even though the darkest nights and throughout, a bright and glowing sun will always shine on our nation and on our people. Our Navy is great.  Our Navy is great.  Our people are great.  Great."

Create a hybrid of Idiocracy and the Home Shopping Network and this is what you get. "See this lamp? It's like great, like really really great! ...and then this other thing? What's it called? I'm so bad with big words. Oh yeah, this tire, this is even greater than the lamp deal, believe me! What else do we have here today? Bug spray? Great! A VHS tape? Greater! Me at half off? Greatest! Fact!"

Trump's speech in its entirety can be read here:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/03/02/remarks-president-trump-aboard-uss-gerald-r-ford

https://strainindex.wordpress.com/2010/03/13/syllable-word-and-sentence-length/

http://www.webpagefx.com/tools/read-able/check.php

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"