Skip to main content

#TakeAKnee, #StephenCurry, #StevenSeagal, and #LouHoltz

I've had some fun with the trending hashtags #TakeAKnee, #StephenCurry, #StevenSeagal, and #LouHoltz on Twitter over the past few days. Here are my posts, ordered from the most popular to the least popular (all my tweets can be viewed here - https://twitter.com/CraigRozniecki):

1) What's more patriotic, blindly singing "the land of the free" or fighting to make that a reality? I'll go with the latter.
#TakeAKnee
283 Likes, 102 Retweets

2) Donald Trump's definition of patriotism: "One who stands for the flag while wiping their ass with the Constitution."
#TakeAKnee
248 Likes, 110 Retweets

3) Trump: "Unlike that SOB Kaepernick, I proudly represent our great flag by lying, stealing, & grabbing women by the p*ssy!"
#TakeAKnee
233 Likes, 95 Retweets

4) #StevenSeagal gives the performance of his career as he claims becoming a Russian citizen is more patriotic than kneeling during the anthem.
73 Likes, 36 Retweets

5) DT: "I think our 1st black pres. wasn't born here, condemn protests for equality & stand up for supremacists, but am not racist."
#TakeAKnee
70 Likes, 23 Retweets

6) Trump: "What? He's not coming? Okay, he's uninvited then. You see? I always get things done, bigly!"
#StephenCurry
67 Likes, 17 Retweets

7) Trump: "The only time I ever #TakeAKnee is when alone with my best friend Vlady/Puty, because, you know, patriotism."
60 Likes, 15 Retweets

8) Trump: "Everyone around the world stands proudly for their anthem and flag, even the good people of Nambia, believe me!"
#TakeAKnee
66 Likes, 8 Retweets

9) DT: "The only way I'll back players who #TakeAKnee is if, while doing it, they're praying for me to find Obama's Nambia birth certificate."
37 Likes, 4 Retweets

10) DT: "#TakeAKnee? You're a son of a b*tch."
NFLers: "How about you take our knees to the junk? Then again, it's so tiny, we'd probably miss."
32 Likes, 7 Retweets

11) DT: "If you don't think the US is perfect, you should be fired! Oh, & let's make America great again, bc it's not already great!"
#TakeAKnee
25 Likes, 9 Retweets

12) DT: "We need to send Mexicans back home, ban Muslims & kick out POC who don't think the US is perfect. Make America white again!"
#TakeAKnee
26 Likes, 7 Retweets

13) Trump: "You all misheard me. I said NFL players who protest are sons of covfefes. Yuge difference, tremendously yuge difference."
#TakeAKnee
26 Likes, 6 Retweets

14) Trump: "Oppression is a Chinese hoax! Do like I did and take a stand for white supremacists!"
#TakeAKnee
21 Likes, 9 Retweets

15) Trump: "Symbols are more important than people because, without people, symbols would be meaningless. Wait...."
#TakeAKnee
24 Likes, 3 Retweets

16) Trump: "You can have your 'no Trump, no KKK, no fascist USA' chant. I've got one of my own: White is always right! Not a racist."
#TakeAKnee
19 Likes, 4 Retweets

17) #LouHoltz: "I was pulled over by a cop who hated me & am alive today, so I know what it's like to be killed by a cop for being black."
15 Likes, 7 Retweets

18) Trump: "He's showing more hesitation on coming here than I did denouncing racists? That's some serious hesitation, folks!"
#StephenCurry
13 Likes, 2 Retweets

Totals: 1,338 Likes, 464 Retweets (Averages of 74.3 Likes, 25.8 Retweets)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"