Skip to main content

To Donald Trump, movies may be reality...

As first reported by MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow and later followed by most every left-leaning outlet on the web, there's a growing theory that some of President Trump's illegal immigration musings were taken from a film - 2018's Sicario: Day of the Soledado. As Maddow and others observed, Trump's unfounded claims that women were bound by duct tape; smuggled over the border; that the traffickers were driving the greatest cars in the history of the world; and something about Muslim prayer rugs in Texas were all, at least loosely, found in the plot to the Sicario sequel. Whether or not the theory rings true, I thought I'd have a little fun with it. Assuming for a second that the theory is true, expect Donald Trump to make the following movie-based claims in the future:

Film: The Exorcist/The Shining

Trump's claim: "I saw these Black Lives Matter protesters the other day. Very scary stuff. I'm not making this up, believe me. Their heads were spinning around, they were puking, and shouting something like 'redrum!' Very scary, folks. Very very scary."


Film: The Goonies

Trump's claim: "The treasure hunt was rigged, bigly! This really ugly guy who kinda looks like my press secretary - Sloth's his name - he unfairly helped Democrats find the treasure, gold, and stuff. So not right! Rigged! Fake treasure hunt!"


Film: Airplane!

Trump's claim: "The other day, an illegal immigrant killed an American because he called him Shirley. This is why we need a big, beautiful wall! Shirleys or people called Shirley shouldn't be killing Shirleys and non-Shirleys alike!"


Film: Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Trump's claim: "This guy named Rufus came to the Oval Office the other day and brought with him Honest Abe, So-Crates, a piano player named something like Beef Oven, an angry Asian dude, a hot chick named Joan, that Freud dude, Napoleon Dynamite, and a kid named Billy. If you reelect me, I'm going to make all of these people members of my Cabinet!"


Film: The Princess Bride

Trump's claim: "The shutdown is all Democrats' fault. No matter what I told them, whether it was about a styrofoam wall or ending the Mueller probe early, they told me, 'As you wish.'"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"