Skip to main content

#GOPDebate

As has been the case with each and every Republican debate, I had a field day on Twitter. I watched both debates (yes, all three hours of them) and came up with the following Tweets, which I'll list from the most to least popular (all my tweets can be viewed here - https://twitter.com/CraigRozniecki):

1) Jeb!: "I've seen some polls where I'm way ahead of Hillary Clinton. I believe they were conducted by Steve Harvey."
#GOPDebate
36 Likes, 18 Retweets

2) Rubio: "Anyone who lied to soldiers' families cannot be President of the United States, except for Bush & other Republicans!"
#GOPDebate
24 Likes, 27 Retweets

3) Carson: "Please don't ask me any questions for the next 7 minutes. I'm going to take my 9:45 nap. Thank you."
#GOPDebate
36 Likes, 10 Retweets

4) Rand: "Hillary shouldn't be held responsible for her husband's actions, but like, we should still call her out on it, you know?"
#GOPDebate
28 Likes, 13 Retweets

5) Rubio: "Hate speech = hate action when it comes to Muslim extremists, but not for the man who attacked Planned Parenthood!"
#GOPDebate
24 Likes, 16 Retweets

5) Cruz: "We need to stand up for marriage equality in this country, unless you're gay, but that's different."
#GOPDebate
25 Likes, 15 Retweets

7) Christie: "I always take responsibility as governor. Just take our internal investigation of Bridgegate for instance..."
#GOPDebate
21 Likes, 15 Retweets

8) Carson: "My goal for my closing comments is to make everyone fall asleep like I've been doing for half this debate."
#GOPDebate
24 Likes, 10 Retweets

9) Fiorina: "I never personally attacked Hillary Clinton. Now allow me to bash her for the next minute or two."
#GOPDebate
16 Likes, 15 Retweets

9) Carson: "Unlike myself, we are blessed with tremendous energy in this great nation."
#GOPDebate
21 Likes, 10 Retweets

9) Carson: "Wait, the question is for me? I just woke up from my nap. Can I get some coffee?"
#GOPDebate
25 Likes, 6 Retweets

12) Kasich: "We need to take better care of the mentally ill, including those up here running for president."
#GOPDebate
22 Likes, 7 Retweets

13) Fiorina: "I'm now going to pull out the Trump card & whine about Fox being biased against Republicans b/c I'm on hallucinogens."
#GOPDebate
16 Likes, 12 Retweets

14) Rubio: "Forget actual fact-checkers. Just go to my website for all the real facts."
#GOPDebate
15 Likes, 12 Retweets

15) Fiorina: "Here are the facts about Planned Parenthood. When I say facts, I mean bullsh*t."
#GOPDebate
15 Likes, 11 Retweets

15) Cruz: "Obamacare may have given people healthcare & jobs may have been created, but it cost Americans jobs and healthcare!"
#GOPDebate
15 Likes, 11 Retweets

15) Cruz: "There's all these lobbyists & Democrats who spend loads of money. We need responsible spending, like under Reagan & Bush!"
#GOPDebate
16 Likes, 10 Retweets

18) Gilmore's wife: (leaves a message on his cell) "Honey, are you watching the debate? There's some guy that looks just like you!"
#GOPDebate
14 Likes, 11 Retweets

19) Jeb!: "Look, I probably won't get elected, so please do me a favor and buy my book off Amazon."
#GOPDebate
18 Likes, 6 Retweets

20) Rubio: "I'm now going to sound angry as I proclaim my love for Jesus, because it's my natural voice."
#GOPDebate
17 Likes, 6 Retweets

21) Cruz: "If I'm elected president, I promise to do something every day I haven't in a very long time - tell the truth!"
#GOPDebate
17 Likes, 5 Retweets

22) Cruz: "Let me take this time to complain about the media again. If this continues, I may have to leave the stage & cry w/Donald."
#GOPDebate
11 Likes, 10 Retweets

23) Santorum: "Obama is the most divisive president ever not b/c of all the myths which were spread about him by good Christians!"
#GOPDebate
16 Likes, 4 Retweets

23) Cruz: "I'm now going to prove to everyone I'm an idiot. Here it is... If you want the truth, just listen to Rush Limbaugh!"
#GOPDebate
13 Likes, 7 Retweets

25) Gilmore: "Even though only 4 people knew who I was before tonight, when I become president..."
#GOPDebate
12 Likes, 7 Retweets

25) Cruz: "I won't tell you how to fix immigration now, but go to my website and every answer is right there!"
#GOPDebate
12 Likes, 7 Retweets

27) Carson: "Forget ISIS & other such groups. What's really endangering America is political correctness, & well, that's about it."
#GOPDebate
12 Likes, 5 Retweets

28) Cruz: "Carpet-bombing to me is like brushing your teeth. I do it every single day with a top-of-the-line Dyson vacuum cleaner!"
#GOPDebate
11 Likes, 5 Retweets

28) Huckabee: "I'm not feeling the Bern. I'm feeling the Reagan! Trickle-down economics is the only way to solve poverty & stuff."
#GOPDebate
14 Likes, 2 Retweets

30) Kelly: "Let's open the debate by talking about the elephant not in the room - Donald Trump. Yes, I just called him an elephant."
#GOPDebate
12 Likes, 3 Retweets

30) Jeb!: "I now officially have two major crushes: 1) Supergirl and 2) Dulce Candy."
#GOPDebate
12 Likes, 3 Retweets

32) Rand Paul: "For the first time all evening, I'm going to say something which makes sense w/regard to prison & drug reform."
#GOPDebate
8 Likes, 5 Retweets

32) Rubio: "My college buddies are taking shots every time I use a hyperbole. I'm going to get them all trashed right now!"
#GOPDebate
9 Likes, 4 Retweets

34) Rubio: "I've never ever ever supported cap-and-trade! Well, except when... Hey, does anyone have water?"
#GOPDebate
http://www.buzzfeed.com/christophermassie/marco-rubio-was-a-big-proponent-of-cap-and-trade-in-florida#.uodEv7jxmR …
7 Likes, 5 Retweets

34) GOP candidates: "We made a bet in Vegas that we could utter the word 'amnesty' over 97 times in 3 minutes during the debate."
#GOPDebate
9 Likes, 3 Retweets

34) Rubio: "Listen to whatever I have to say! I said listen to me, dammit!"

Brick (from "Anchorman"): "Loud noises!"
#GOPDebate
10 Likes, 2 Retweets

37) Fiorina: "I'm going to take Hillary's what-difference-at-this-point-does-it-make quote out of context again, because America!"
#GOPDebate
4 Likes, 7 Retweets

37) Gilmore: "Did you skip me? Hey, did you skip me?"

Fox: "Who are you again?"
#GOPDebate
8 Likes, 3 Retweets

37) Gilmore: "I'm a proud NRA member, it's more dangerous now than ever, blah blah blah, & Hillary, show us your emails! Like yeah!"
#GOPDebate
10 Likes, 1 Retweet

40) Rubio: "If disaster means better than the previous president, the past 7 years have been the biggest disaster in U.S. history!"
#GOPDebate
4 Likes, 4 Retweets

41) Fox: "We're being told your name is Jim Gilmore. Is that correct? If so, in 5 words or less, tell us a bit about yourself."
#GOPDebate
5 Likes, 1 Retweet

41) Cruz: "It should be about substance, & even though I don't answer questions & love vagueness, that's what I'm going to be about!"
#GOPDebate
5 Likes, 1 Retweet

41) Jeb!: "My brother is the greatest man alive & I adore my father. Just sayin'... Wait, reverse that. Yeah..."
#GOPDebate
6 Likes, 0 Retweets

44) Christie: "By calling out a few bad eggs in the police force, Obama & Clinton have shown they're against all cops!"
#GOPDebate
3 Likes, 2 Retweets

45) Fiorina: "Hillary can lie as long as she can get away with it, but she won't be president! At 1-2% support, I will!"
#GOPDebate
2 Likes, 2 Retweets

45) Huckabee: "PBO doesn't know how hard it is to put food on the table!"
W: "Or to put food on your family."
#GOPDebate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ah6WUajOI8 …
3 Likes, 1 Retweet

47) Christie: "When you say Cruz and Rubio, Mr. Wallace, you mean Hillary Clinton, correct? I'll answer it as such."
#GOPDebate
4 Likes, 0 Retweets

Totals: 668 Likes, 340 Retweets (averages of 14.2 Likes, 7.2 Retweets)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"