Skip to main content

I feel sorry for women named Karma

I feel sorry for women named Karma. Besides the Culture Club song, "Karma Chameleon," what do most people associate with the word "karma"? Or more specifically, what is the most common thing people say with regard to the word? "Karma's a bitch." I can just imagine the following dialogue occurring where one of the two participants is unaware that the other knows a woman by the name of Karma.

Setting: A bar by the name of AAWA (Alcoholics After Work Anonymous)

Jonathan Slushy: "Can you believe what happened at work today? I mean, what were the odds that right after Chad got off the phone angry, he'd throw his stapler at the door and it'd hit Billy right smack dab on the forehead as he opened the door at just the right, or I guess wrong time?"

Alexander Bourbon: "Well, you did hear Billy accidentally ran over Chad's pet hamster, right?"

Jonathan: "Really? What in the world was Chad's hamster doing on the road?"

Alexander: "I don't know, man, but it's like they say, karma's a bitch."

Jonathan: "Wait, you know Karma?"

Alexander: "Yeah, don't you?"

Jonathan: "Well, yeah. I just didn't realize you knew her too."

Alexander: "Are you kidding? Everyone knows karma!"

Jonathan: "What's that supposed to mean?"

Alexander: "Karma is the queen of all bitches, man. Everyone has met her at least once in their lives, or in most people's cases, twenty or thirty times."

Jonathan: "Wow, I didn't know she got around so much..."

Alexander: "Oh, she gets around so much, even records are impressed."

:: Karma walks in and sits next to them ::

Jonathan: "Hey, look, I know we just started seeing each other, but I've realized I don't think I'm ready for this right now. I just got divorced ten years ago after a shaky five-day marriage, and I just need some more time to reflect and heal. I hope you understand."

Karma Martinez: "Oh, well, okay, I guess. Call me if you change your mind."

:: Karma walks out of the bar ::

Alexander: "Who the hell was that?"

Jonathan: "That was Karma."

Alexander: "Karma? Karma who?"

Jonathan: "Karma Martinez. We just met a couple of weeks ago at church. Who were you talking about?"

Alexander: "Uh, somebody else... Well, based on what I've done here, I better go pay my tab, head back home, and make sure karma doesn't go and ruin my marriage!"

Jonathan: "Why would Karma do that?"

Alexander: "I told you, karma's a bitch!"

Jonathan: "Wait, Karma who?"

Alexander: "I don't know!"

:: Alexander pays and then runs out ::

Jonathan: (mumbles) "I wonder what his deal is. I think I better just pay up, go home, and listen to some Culture Club."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"