Skip to main content

If I had a 900 number...

For a number of years now, I've been regularly complimented on my speaking voice. I hear myself differently than others hear me, so I can't exactly tell you what it is they seem to hear and like. However, through the years, I've heard others say the following about my voice: "You should be on the radio," "You could be like the male version of Delilah," "It's deep," "It's sexy," "Have you ever thought about becoming a DJ?" "Is your singing voice as nice as your regular voice?" "You've got the radio-face, man, no - I mean voice. Damn, I'm drunk," among other lovely observations. Just last week, a new friend of mine jokingly said (I think she was joking anyway), "With a sexy voice like that, you could have your own 900 number." In light of that comment, I thought I'd have a little fun with it and bring forth some ideas for my own 900 number.

Hotline: White Chocolate

Automated introduction message:

"Hey baby, how is your fine self doing on this fine day? What are you doing this evening? Why don't you take a load off, relax, and talk to White Chocolate tonight? I'm sweet, yet naughty, with the voice of Barry White and the complexion of the Pillsbury Doughboy. Well, for a limited time only, you can help make my sweet bread rise for just $19.81 for the first 15 minutes and just a dollar a minute after that. White Chocolate is waiting for you. What are you waiting for?"


Hotline: Trust Me, I'm Not a Doctor

Automated introduction message: 

"Well, hello there. I'm guessing that you're calling because something seems out of place or missing in your life. Either your partner of 14 years left you to go on a spiritual journey with a member of the same sex by the name of Claude, you've been disappointed by the lack of quality people you've met as a bouncer at a nightclub by the name of 'Man-whores Are People Too,' or you're a Chicago Cubs fan. Whatever the case may be, Dr. Love will talk to you about it, give you advice you'll never find in a horoscope or fortune cookie, and make you realize that you, yes you, deserve to be happy. No, I may not technically be a doctor, but just listen to my voice. I kind of sound like I know what I'm talking about, don't I? You want to believe me, don't you? So, come on - what could it hurt to talk to a complete stranger for a while about your deepest and darkest of secrets? I promise I won't tell anyone. I'll keep the secrets between you and I, and a few people you'll likely never meet. You can trust me. My name may not actually be Dr. Love, but besides that, I've never lied to you. So, come on - talk to Dr. Love. I'll listen..."


Hotline: Sir Tease-a-Lot

Automated introduction message: 

"Hey girl. How you doin'? I bet you could be doing a little better, couldn't you? Well, that's where I come in. I'm Roz and let me tell you something, I know how to treat a lady. I know to make her feel special. I know just what she likes and how she likes it, and for just $20 for the first 10 minutes and a dollar a minute after that, I'll make you feel special, and act like I'm about to do all the things you like just how you like them, before pulling back and talking about something else that's nice and hot - the weather. That's right, baby, for just $20, you can get teased in a way you never thought was possible - to the point where you start yelling obscenities, throw random objects that are nearby, and dial your ex for a booty call. Come on... Who doesn't like spending money to be teased by a voice like this? You know you want it. You won't get it, but you know you want it. Fork that money over. Your ex is waiting..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"