Skip to main content

#ThingsJesusNeverSaid

I got on a bit of roll over the weekend with the Twitter hashtag trend #ThingsJesusNeverSaid. I even got mentioned at this link for posting one of the "tweets of the week" - http://fusion.net/story/114012/chers-in-the-market-for-a-tupac-sweatshirt-and-all-the-stuff-you-missed-on-twitter-this-week/. All in all, I posted 36 such tweets, which resulted in 265 retweets and 380 favorites. Here they are, in order, based on their popularity to this point:

1) "For my birthday, I'm thinking of a big guy with a white beard & on the day I rise again, I'm thinking of a rabbit."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(74 retweets, 108 favorites)

2) "Thou shalt not steal...unless it's land from Native Americans."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(36 retweets, 37 favorites)

3) "My twelve apostles shall include Wal-Mart and Exxon Mobil, because corporations are people too, my friend."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(37 retweets, 35 favorites)

4) "Care for thy children before birth. After birth, they're on their own."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(35 retweets, 29 favorites)

5) "If thou shalt seek facts, thou shalt look to Fox (News)."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(25 retweets, 32 favorites)

6) "Cheat on your wife with 20 different women? I'll give you a pass. Two guys together & loyal for 70 years? Not cool."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(11 retweets, 19 favorites)

7) "I love you,
Yes you know,
For the Bible tells you so,
Unless you're a scientist,
Or a homo."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(9 retweets, 7 favorites)

8) "Whoever hasn't sinned may cast the first stone at her. Nobody? Fine then, I'll just bust out my AK-47."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(5 retweets, 6 favorites)

8) "I long for the day where an anti-Semitic Christian man directs a film about me, a Jewish man."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(3 retweets, 8 favorites)

10) "Know what the best part about creating the world is? Destroying it. Give me pollution! Give me war! Give me a beer!"
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(6 retweets, 4 favorites)

10) "I turned water into wine, bread into bacon, and Bill O'Reilly into a reputable journalist."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(3 retweets, 7 favorites)

12) "Nothing makes a man feel better than to have his name misused for the rich to take advantage of the poor."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(4 reweets, 5 favorites)

12) "Drill, baby, drill!"
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(2 retweets, 7 favorites)

14) "There's nothing that relaxes me more after curing lepers than going to the shooting range."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(1 retweet, 7 favorites)

14) "What would I do? Not serve gay couples cake or pizza; that's for sure!"
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(1 retweet, 7 favorites)

16) "The world will misunderestimate just how great of a president George W. Bush will be one day."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(3 retweets, 4 favorites)

16) "The key sign of the end of times will be something called Obamacare."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(1 retweet, 6 favorites)

16) "If I had one wish, it'd be to one day take a bathroom mirror shirtless selfie."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(1 retweet, 6 favorites)

19) "So, like, science, numbers, and facts suck."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(3 retweets, 2 favorites)

19) "The poor, huh, yeah,
What are they good for?
Absolutely nothing"
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid #EdwinStarr
(1 retweet, 4 favorites)

19) "Ever since Reagan was elected president, I've been a die-hard Republican."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(1 retweet, 4 favorites)

19) "Alpha males may have their muscles, but nothing screams toughness more than a robe and sandals."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(0 retweets, 5 favorites)

19) "Barack Hussein Obama is kind of scary for a nerd."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(0 retweets, 5 favorites)

24) "After what happened to my mom, she's going to be fully supportive of abstinence-only education someday."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(1 retweet, 3 favorites)

24) "You can't spell 'team' without 'me.'"
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(1 retweet, 3 favorites)

24) "I'm almost jealous of Casper I'm so white."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(1 retweet, 3 favorites)

24) "Today, I want to find eggs in a yard, lots of candy, and a basket."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(0 retweets, 4 favorites)

28) "When I think about benevolence, the first name that comes to mind is Christian Grey."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(0 retweets, 3 favorites)

29) "The Antichrist will be a man who has a name that rhymes with shamrock iguana."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(0 retweets, 2 favorites)

29) "It's Friday night, man. Let's go into town cruising on our babe-magnet camels and pick up some chicks."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(0 retweets, 2 favorites)

29) "I bought this robe at Hot Topic, how about you?"
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(0 retweets, 2 favorites)

32) "So, women are responsible for just 78% of men's births, so they should get 78% of men's pay too."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(0 retweets, 1 favorite)

32) "I remember the time when I roasted my chestnuts on an open fire."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(0 retweets, 1 favorite)

32) "I only walked on water as part of a cop's sobriety test. Fortunately, I passed."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(0 retweets, 1 favorite)

32) "A man cannot become wise without doing the Three Wise Men shot."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(0 retweets, 1 favorite)

36) "Thou shalt not kill, even if you're a gun, but then again, guns don't kill."
#ThingsJesusNeverSaid
(0 retweets, 0 favorites)

To peruse the rest of my crazy tweets, check out the following link: https://twitter.com/CraigRozniecki

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"