Skip to main content

If Donald Trump described himself to a sketch artist...

After likely Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton poked fun of presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump's "thin skin" during a foreign policy speech, Trump responded with this while talking to CNN's Jake Tapper:

"Well, I don't have thin skin. I have very strong and thick skin. If you do a report and it's not necessarily positive but, you're right, I never complain. I do complain when it's a lie or when it's wrong."

Is it just me or is Donald Trump Mr. Superlative when talking about himself? The guy has never been coined as detail-oriented, for his vague rhetoric makes Cheech and Chong come across like Emily Dickinson. However, when he talks about himself, he's less coy about using superlative adjectives than Wayne LaPierre is of making out with his pistol at a drive-in movie theater.

Mr. Trump, has anyone ever told you that you have small hands?

"Look at these massive things. Are they small? I don't think so."

What about the size of your manhood?"

"I've never had a problem with that, believe me."

Some like to tease you for your simplistic speeches. Would you care to respond?

"I have the best words."

Think you're thin-skinned at all?

"I have very thick and strong skin."

Can you imagine if Trump were forced to provide a description of himself over the phone to a sketch artist? Here's how I think the conversation would go:

Sketch artist Earvin Marker: "So, to make this work, you're going to have to be as detailed as you can, okay?"

Donald Trump: "Absolutely"

Marker: "Good, so describe yourself for me..."

Trump: "I'm big, handsome, and just unbelievable."

Marker: "I'm gonna need more detail than that..."

Trump: "Well, when I say big, I don't mean like fat big. I mean big like manly big, bigly big. I'm also the best looking man in the world. It's just unbelievable, unbelievable, Earvin."

Marker: "Let's try to go about this a different way. Describe your hair to me..."

Trump: "It's beautiful hair, tremendous, the best hair like ever."

Marker: "What about your eyes, ears, and nose?"

Trump: "Perfect - all three of them"

Marker: "Wait, three what? Three eyes? Three ears? Three noses?"

Trump: "No, the three things you said..."

Marker: "Yeah, eyes, ears, and nose."

Trump: "Right, them"

Marker: "Alrighty then... How about describing your smile?"

Trump: "Just fantastic"

Marker: :: sighs :: "Okay, what about your build? Your physique?"

Trump: "I'm like frickin' yuge, okay? Not fat, but yuge!"

Marker: "...and you said you have large hands, correct?"

Trump: "Frickin' massive! Big hands, big feet, big, you know..."

Marker: "Ego?"

Trump: "How'd you know his name?"

Marker: "Seriously?"

Trump: "Yeah, I named him after that dude in Ghostbusters."

Marker: "You mean Egon?"

Trump: "No, Ego. I also love waffles and am always telling my wife, 'Lego my Ego'."

Marker: "'Leggo my Eggo'?"

Trump: "No, what's that?"

Marker: "Whatever... I think we're done here. Do you have any final words you feel could help me with this sketch?"

Trump: "Yeah, just simply that I am the greatest."

Marker: "Wasn't it Muhammad Ali who said that?"

Trump: "Who?"

Marker: "Oh, nothing..."

Trump: "I am the smartest. I have the best words."

Marker: "Obviously, as this deformed stick figure I've drawn of you showcases..."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-defends-his-skin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"