Skip to main content

For Donald, apparently drugs Trumped reality during the debate...

When my father asked me what I thought about Sunday night's presidential debate, I had to pause, before finally saying, "Bizarre." Donald Trump invited three women who claimed Bill Clinton had sexually assaulted them in the past, along with the mother of a girl who was allegedly raped when she was 12 and Hillary Clinton was called on to defend the man accused of the crime. Keep in mind this was roughly 48 hours after the 2005 video was leaked showing Trump making lewd comments about women, to the point where he basically admitted to being guilty of and being able to get away with sexual assault due to his fame and fortune. As for the debate itself, not only did Donald Trump interrupt Hillary Clinton, as well as moderators Anderson Cooper and Martha Raddatz, on 15 occasions, lie at least 22 times, complain about the moderators' alleged bias multiple times, and seem unable to answer any question, he creepily appeared to be trailing Secretary Clinton whenever she spoke to the audience. I wasn't the only one who noticed this:

- "Donald Trump looms behind Hillary Clinton at the debate" - CNN

- "This was the creepiest thing Donald Trump did during tonight's debate" - Mother Jones

- "Donald Trump Hovers Behind Hillary Clinton at Debate and Twitter Is Creeped Out" - Cosmopolitan

- "Trump lurks like a hungry ghost behind Clinton during entire debate" - Mashable

- "Donald Trump Stalked Hillary Clinton During Debate" - Uproxx

So, after hearing about these stories, what did Donald Trump say in response? Only this:

"Hey did you see - wait, wait, wait! Did you see where she (Hillary Clinton) said I entered her space? So here I am, I'm standing. Right, you saw that? This is a liar. So I'm standing at my podium. I've got my chair and Crooked Hillary walks across the stage in front of me. So I'm standing, and she walks across the stage. She's standing right in front to me. I didn't care. I don't care. And she's answering a question and then she walks right back. Okay, that's fine I didn't make a big deal. Next day, I said I read the paper."

I don't like referring to people as idiots, but Donald Trump is an idiot. When he was at his podium and Hillary Clinton walked past him, it wasn't to invade his space. She was merely attempting to get up close and personal with the people who had asked her a question. When she was finished answering the question, yes, she walked back to her podium. That's how town hall debates work and how you show respect to the audience and your opponent. Donald Trump, meanwhile, didn't seem to know what to do while Secretary Clinton was speaking. There were times he'd be at his podium, others when he was appearing to walk to nowhere in particular, and yet others when he was a mere couple feet (or so) feet behind Clinton, appearing to almost be breathing down her neck as she spoke to the crowd. So, I'm sorry, but to try and turn the tables around on Clinton here is flat out ridiculous! Given Trump's (lack of) rationale here, expect him to make the following excuses in the future:

- "I didn't have sex with that woman. It was simply gravity, where her wherever grabbed a hold of my whatever."

- "I didn't hit him! His face ran into my hand!"

- "I wasn't stalking her, your honor. She was always just one step ahead of me wherever I went."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/10/12/trump-turning-the-tables-accuses-clinton-of-invading-his-space-at-debate/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"