Skip to main content

Kudos to Tim Tebow!

When Tim Tebow was one of the faces of the NFL, I often poked fun at him, because his passing mechanics were about as fluid as Donald Trump's speaking. Secondly, I tend to poke fun of any athlete who basically gives a sermon when asked a question by the press post-game as Tebow often did. All kidding, aside, though, I have to give the man credit where credit is due.

After making his debut in the Arizona Fall League yesterday, the former Denver Broncos quarterback, while signing autographs, saw a fan suffer a seizure and fall to the ground because of it. Tebow immediately went over to the fan and attempted to comfort him until the paramedics arrived.

As long-time readers would know, I've battled seizures for most of my life, and while the removal of a tumor which was thought to be the driving force behind my seizures has all but eliminated them, I still receive auras from time to time. Given that bit of history with such an ailment, I was especially touched by Tebow's gesture. He and I may not agree politically, may not see eye to eye when it comes to religion, but regardless of those differences and how I may have teased him about his play on the football field in years past, the man appears to back his words with actions, and I have to respect him for that. Major kudos to Tim Tebow for his kind gesture, empathy, and providing hope that there are still some people out there who aren't just talk. Tebow may have been 0 for 3 at the plate yesterday, but in my mind and many others', especially Brandon's (the man who suffered the seizure), he had a perfect batting average where it really counted.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2016/10/11/tim-tebow-fan-seizure-arizona-fall-league/91923274/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"