Skip to main content

Ben Carson makes a self-defense video

Former neurosurgeon and current Republican candidate Ben Carson has come under fire recently for his comments regarding the mass shooting at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon, as he suggested that unlike the victims, he would have taken charge of the situation, mumbled to the other potential victims to attack the shooter, and all would be well for at least one of them. Carson was then immediately criticized for victim-blaming, being insensitive, and being unrealistic. Well, just a moment ago, Carson decided to fight back against his critics and in a big way, as he released the following video clip on his homepage:

"I may be running for president, but that doesn't mean I have to waste all my time raising money, so I decided to put my foot where my mouth is, I mean, walk the talk or whatever. When I mentioned what I would have done had I been facing the gunman in Oregon, I decided to make a self-defense video to show everyone what I meant exactly. I hope it helps people get through similar situations, and for just two payments of $19.95, plus shipping and handling, you can own the video for yourself! The martial art form depicted in the video I call Bullshitsu, and the video is entitled, If You Mumble the Mumble, You Better Rumble the Rumble. Here's a short clip of the video. If you like it, just go to my website, order a copy for yourself, and better prepare yourself against crazy people with guns. Anyway, here it is..."

"Hi, I'm Ben Carson, and welcome to your Bullshitsu self-defense class, If You Mumble the Mumble, You Better Rumble the Rumble. I'm going to walk you through how to defend yourself against a crazy person with a gun. First, and especially if you're with a group of people and in a circle, what you want to do is put your right foot in, put your right foot out, put your right foot in, and then you shake thing all about. You do this and then turn yourself around, and that my friends is how you don't get shot. You can do this with your left foot too, but usually by this point the gunman has already shot himself."

Since this video clip and self-defense video were just released, it's unknown at this time how they will impact the former neurosurgeon's approval ratings amongst Republicans and the general public. However, even if the response is positive, that may not matter if Carson's previously unreleased self-defense video gets made public, as it's entitled, Have You Heard the One About a Vegetarian Alpha Male Running Away From a Gunman at Popeyes?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"