Skip to main content

Steve Stockman impersonates Haley Joel Osment: "I get endorsed by dead people."

Republican Texas Representative Steve Stockman is running against fellow GOPer John Cornyn for a Senate seat and is attempting to sway potential voters to his side through a rather odd method - claiming endorsements which were never made.

One such "endorsement" comes courtesy of the NRA (National Rifle Association). While Representative Stockman claimed the NRA had endorsed him, the NRA has another take on the matter, as NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam said the following to the Huffington Post in December:

"NRA is not endorsing Rep. Stockman, or supporting him. Any claims to the contrary by him are totally false."

The strangest such Stockman "endorsement" came courtesy of conservative activist Howard Phillips, who died seven months ago, which was prior to the Texas Representative deciding to enter the race. Of the 12 groups listed under "past and present endorsements" on Stockman's website, at least seven of them have not endorsed him for the U.S. Senate.

That's quite the interesting strategy by Representative Stockman if I do say so myself. While he's at it, he may as well make the following claims:

- "So, I just received an endorsement from Elvis Presley today. The King supports me. Now allow me to be one of your Kings of Texas. Let me shake up the great state of Texas like Elvis shook, I mean, still shakes the world of music."

- "I received a telegraph from Jesus today and guess what? He's endorsed me to become your Senator! Can you believe that? Our Lord and Savior! May he rest in peace. I mean, he shall always live after resting in peace one time, or something! Yeah! Can I get an amen?"

- "While the Christmas holiday may be officially over, the season is still as alive for me now as it was on December 25th of last year. You see, I just received Santa Claus' endorsement. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty tickled by that. It's the greatest gift he's ever given me and the greatest gift any of you could ever receive is through electing me as your new Senator! Not only will it feel like Christmas on December 25th, it'll feel like Christmas all year long!"

- "Who here knows that the Northern Mockingbird is the Texas state bird? I see a few of you with your hands raised. That's very good. Well, of all the things you know about our state bird, did you know that just this morning, it endorsed me to become your Senator? It flew over to me, spoke to me in a language I couldn't completely understand, appeared to smile, and then we watched the film To Kill a Mockingbird together while each drinking a beer. I tell you what, just the title of the film infuriated me! To kill a mockingbird? Never! Guns don't kill birds; birds kill birds! I've since adopted this bird as my pet and call him Peckerwood."

- "This old buddy of mine from high school, who kind of resembled a young Chuck Norris, told me one time while we were passing around a bong, "If you ever do anything, I'll be there to support you." I haven't seen or heard from him since graduation day, but it still sounds to me like he endorsed me to become Senator of this fine state! He may not be here today and I may never see him again, but dangit, when a stoned high school Chuck Norris lookalike sees good in a person, he sure as heck knows what he's talking about, and that good person is me - your future Senator!"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/05/steve-stockman-endorsements_n_4545219.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/05/steve-stockman-endorsements_n_4545219.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"