Skip to main content

The Conventions on Twitter: My Greatest Hits

As regular readers and Twitter followers would know, I live-tweeted throughout both the Republican National Convention and the Democratic National Convention over the past two weeks. Here is a rundown of my 25 most popular such tweets (to view all tweets, go here - https://twitter.com/CraigRozniecki):

1) 3 hours into the DNC & "climate change" has already been mentioned more times than in the entirety of the four days at the RNC
#DemsInPhilly
383 Likes, 246 Retweets

2) DNC: "We should have equal rights! We should respect one another! We should have hope!"

RNC: "We're all gonna die!"
#DemsInPhilly
310 Likes, 225 Retweets

3) Chris Christie is lecturing Hillary Clinton on ethics. That'd be like Donald Trump lecturing Jimmy Carter on fidelity.
#RNCinCLE
253 Likes, 222 Retweets

4) Newt: "Liberals have destroyed the sanctity of marriage. Now let me tell you about Donald and my's 6 wives..."
#RNCinCLE
256 Likes, 185 Retweets

5) Tiffany Trump: "My dad is a natural-born encourager. Just ask John McCain, that disabled reporter, Mexicans, Muslims, etc."
#RNCinCLE
264 Likes, 170 Retweets

6) Ivanka: "My dad is colorblind & gender neutral even though he wants to punish women for abortions & thinks Mexicans are rapists."
#RNCinCLE
214 Likes, 164 Retweets

7) Ivanka: "My father taught us there's nothing you can't accomplish, so long as you have a really really rich father."
#RNCinCLE
221 Likes, 135 Retweets

8) DNC: "We want to provide hope, inspiration, make you feel love."

RNC: "We want to provide massive panic attacks 24/7."
#DemsInPhilly
226 Likes, 122 Retweets

9) Clinton: "I'm gonna give you a detailed story about how Hillary/I met & how much she's accomplished."
Trump: "My wife's hot."
#DemsInPhilly
219 Likes, 112 Retweets

10) Eric Trump: "I want to thank my rich dad for his rich dad & giving me a better chance to be rich. We can all have rich daddies!"
#RNCinCLE
191 Likes, 121 Retweets

11) DNC: "We made history nominating the 1st woman!"

RNC: "We made history nom. the 1st Oompa Loompa!"
#DemsInPhilly
199 Likes, 106 Retweets

12) DNC: "What the world needs now is love, sweet love."

RNC: "It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine!"
#DemsInPhilly
172 Likes, 100 Retweets

13) GOP: "America deserves better!"
...and you give us Trump? Excuse me for a moment...
#RNCinCLE
174 Likes, 84 Retweets

14) Trump: "Siri, what are these things Bill Clinton is talking about? Please give me the 3rd-grade version of it. Thanks."
#DemsInPhilly
174 Likes, 75 Retweets

15) Bloomberg: "Let's elect a sane person as president!"

Trump: "Sane rhymes with brain and I have the bigliest brain like ever!"
#DemsInPhilly
173 Likes, 73 Retweets

16) Kaine: "I'm gonna speak Spanish now."

Trump: "I can speak Spanish. My hands are very very biggo."
#DemsInPhilly
165 Likes, 77 Retweets

17) Stuart Smalley: "Trump isn't good enough; he's not smart enough; and doggone it, people don't like him."
#DNCinPHL
144 Likes, 91 Retweets

18) Melania Trump: "Donald has been a great father to his three sons & two daughters, including the one he wants to bang."
#RNCinCLE
158 Likes, 72 Retweets

18) Voldemort has just appeared on the stage... (featuring a picture of Rick Scott)
#RNCinCLE
160 Likes, 70 Retweets

20) As Democrats, we may have our disagreements, but we're still a family and need to come together to help improve this country.
#DemsInPhilly
142 Likes, 81 Retweets

21) Giuliani: "Benghazi is all Hillary's fault! The 13 embassy attacks under Bush's watch were not his fault, because consistency!"
#RNCinCLE
131 Likes, 89 Retweets

22) BREAKING NEWS: "Elizabeth Warren busts out the Science Matters movement and the GOP freaks the hell out"
#DemsInPhilly
155 Likes, 64 Retweets

23) DNC nomination song: "Happy"

RNC nomination song: "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
#DemsInPhilly
150 Likes, 77 Retweets

24) RNC: "Where are your flags?"
DNC: "Where are your ideas to help troops when they return home?"
#DemsInPhilly
137 Likes, 84 Retweets

25) DNC nominee narration: God, I mean, Morgan Freeman
RNC nominee narration: A pissed off Sam Kinison
#DemsInPhilly
157 Likes, 61 Retweets

RNC (219 tweets): 10,597 Likes, 5,411 Retweets (Averages of 48.4 Likes, 24.7 Retweets)

DNC (115 tweets): 9,000 Likes, 4,267 Retweets (Averages of 78.2 Likes, 37.1 Retweets)

Overall (334 tweets): 19,597 Likes, 9,678 Retweets (Averages of 58.7 Likes, 29.0 Retweets)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"