Skip to main content

The DNC on Twitter: Day 2

As I said I'd do, I live-tweeted day 2 of the Democratic National Convention. Here are my posts, ordered from the most to the least popular (all my tweets can be viewed here - https://twitter.com/CraigRozniecki):

1) DNC: "We want to provide hope, inspiration, make you feel love."

RNC: "We want to provide massive panic attacks 24/7."
#DemsInPhilly
226 Likes, 122 Retweets

2) Clinton: "I'm gonna give you a detailed story about how Hillary/I met & how much she's accomplished."
Trump: "My wife's hot."
#DemsInPhilly
219 Likes, 112 Retweets

3) DNC: "We made history nominating the 1st woman!"

RNC: "We made history nom. the 1st Oompa Loompa!"
#DemsInPhilly
199 Likes, 106 Retweets

4) Trump: "Siri, what are these things Bill Clinton is talking about? Please give me the 3rd-grade version of it. Thanks."
#DemsInPhilly
174 Likes, 75 Retweets

DNC nomination song: "Happy"

5) RNC nomination song: "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
#DemsInPhilly
150 Likes, 77 Retweets

6) RNC: "Guns are more important than people, our friends!"

Yeah, tell these mothers that...
#DemsInPhilly
89 Likes, 67 Retweets

7) DNC: "All women's lives matter!"
RNC: "Yeah, except when it comes to: Equal pay, paid family leave, reproductive rights, etc."
#DemsInPhilly
95 Likes, 56 Retweets

8) DNC: "We've officially broken the glass ceiling!"

Trump: "I have many many yuge bigly beautiful glass ceilings."
#DemsInPhilly
92 Likes, 28 Retweets

9) Trump: "Melania, are you listening to this? Bill is a gooder speaker than me. Here, take some notes. I might use this later."
#DemsInPhilly
84 Likes, 34 Retweets

10) Dems: "Let's get people to vote!"
Reps: "Let's make it easier for the blind to own guns than blacks to vote! Is this mic on?"
#DemsInPhilly
70 Likes, 43 Retweets

11) Michelle Obama: "The White House was built by slaves!"
Texas history books: "By who? Is that the person's first or last name?"
#DemsInPhilly
65 Likes, 24 Retweets

12) DNC: "Which Oscar winners should we invite?"

RNC: "Can we get any actors that don't rhyme with Dot Mayo or Suck Porous?"
#DemsInPhilly
63 Likes, 21 Retweets

13) RNC: "How dare the DNC not try to scare the crap out of people!"
DNC: "Yeah, this is why we support legalizing weed..."
#DemsInPhilly
58 Likes 24 Retweets

14) Erika Alexander: "Hillary defies gravity!"
Trump: "That whole gravity thing is such a hoax, believe me, people!"
#DemsInPhilly
61 Likes, 19 Retweets

15) Harkin: "I'll show you the sign for this campaign - America, all together!"
Trump: "Here's my sign..."
#DemsInPhilly
40 Likes, 30 Retweets

15) RNC: Symbolic love negates our inaction to prove it

DNC: Patriotism is illustrated through action, not symbols
#DemsInPhilly
50 Likes, 20 Retweets

17) DNC: "We're with her!"

RNC: "We're with it, eh, sort of, kind of, but not really..."
#DemsInPhilly #CheetoJesus
50 Likes, 14 Retweets

18) Trump: "Let's make America great again!"
America Ferrera speaks at the DNC
Trump: "Send America back to Mexico!"
#DemsInPhilly
48 Likes, 14 Retweets

19) According to Bill & Ted
DNC: "Be excellent to each other & party on, dudes!"
RNC: "Uh, what's that dude's name? So-crates?"
#DemsInPhilly
43 Likes, 14 Retweets

20) DNC: "We have a dream!"

RNC: "We want to crush your dreams, so you should always look like this..."
#DemsInPhilly
37 Likes, 17 Retweets

21) DNC: "Let's do all we can to decrease war & violence."

RNC: "What's the name of that Metallica album? 'Kill 'Em All!'"
#DemsInPhilly
33 Likes, 16 Retweets

22) DNC roll call: "American Samoa..."
Trump: "I had a guy named Sam mow my lawn once. I wonder if he's who they're talking about"
#DemsInPhilly
28 Likes, 9 Retweets

23) Christopher Columbus: "What's with all these states they're talking about at this thing? This is India for crying out loud!"
#DemsInPhilly
30 Likes, 2 Retweets

24) DNC: "This is a movement about love!"
Trump: "You can tell them to go bleep themselves!"
#DemsInPhilly
13 Likes, 5 Retweets

25) DNC: PP mentioned
Fiorina: "Oh yeah, like OJ looked for the killer, I need to look for the PP videos!"
#DemsInPhilly
9 Likes, 4 Retweets

Day 2 Totals: 2,025 Likes, 953 Retweets Retweets (Averages of 81.0 Likes, 38.1 Retweets)

Overall Totals: 4,276 Likes, 2,124 Retweets (Averages of 85.5 Likes, 42.5 Retweets)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"