Skip to main content

The RNC on Twitter: Day 4

I don't know how I did it, but stuck true to my word in live-tweeting throughout all four days of the Republican National Convention. Here are my posts from day 4, ordered from the most to the least popular (all my tweets can be read here - https://twitter.com/CraigRozniecki):

1) Ivanka: "My dad is colorblind & gender neutral even though he wants to punish women for abortions & thinks Mexicans are rapists."
#RNCinCLE
214 Likes, 164 Retweets

2) Ivanka: "My father taught us there's nothing you can't accomplish, so long as you have a really really rich father."
#RNCinCLE
221 Likes, 135 Retweets

3) I keep waiting for Donald Trump to say, "...and live from New York, it's Saturday night!"
#RNCinCLE
126 Likes, 59 Retweets

4) Ivanka: "I remember a time my dad & I were at Trump Tower. It was Cinco de Mayo & he was having a taco bowl, wearing a sombrero."
#RNCinCLE
117 Likes, 59 Retweets

5) RNC crowd: "All Lives Matter!"

Psst, that includes Black Lives...
#RNCinCLE
91 Likes, 56 Retweets

6) Thiel: "I'm a proud gay Republican & support Donald Trump to reverse my marriage equality rights as a gay American!"
#RNCinCLE
73 Likes, 46 Retweets

7) Blackburn: "Trump always sees things through from beginning to completion. That's why he's on marriage #3."
#RNCinCLE
77 Likes, 38 Retweets

8) Trump: "We will repeal and replace disastrous Obamacare w/nothing, b/c no insurance is less disastrous than insurance! Period!"
#RNCinCLE
69 Likes, 43 Retweets

9) Trump: "Did my family plagiarize great or what? Come on, give it up! To my wife, Michelle, I mean, Melania!"
#RNCinCLE
78 Likes, 31 Retweets

10) Ivanka: "My dad will be your most loyal champion, believe me. His first two wives would agree."
#RNCinCLE
69 Likes, 39 Retweets

11) Ivanka Trump: "I wrote this speech all by myself. I call it, 'In Malia Obama's Words.'"
#RNCinCLE
70 Likes, 25 Retweets

12) Trump: "It's like that Socrates dude said, 'Yelling louder makes you righter!'"
#RNCinCLE
57 Likes, 35 Retweets

13) GOP: "We're the party of Lincoln!"
Right, and this is a smart car...
#RNCinCLE
61 Likes, 27 Retweets

14) Blackburn: "Trump can bring us together, well, after he builds a wall, bans people, helps overturn Roe v. Wade/marriage equality."
#RNCinCLE
52 Likes, 31 Retweets

15) Trump: "I'm now going to give you some numbers a white supremacist friend of mine gave me and I retweeted..."
#RNCinCLE
49 Likes, 33 Retweets

15) Trump: "Let me tell you something. The recession, which started before Obama, is because of Obama. These are just the facts."
#RNCinCLE
58 Likes, 24 Retweets

15) GOP: "We're all Americans, no matter our color!" Yes, so stop treating some groups of people like less than that.
#RNCinCLE
59 Likes, 23 Retweets

18) Ivanka: "My dad has always respected women. When he said all that matters is 'a young, beautiful piece of ass,' that was respect."
#RNCinCLE
41 Likes, 40 Retweets

19) Trump: "The difference with our plan is we have no plan other than to say we're gonna make America great again!"
#RNCinCLE
55 Likes, 24 Retweets

20) Priebus: "Life, liberty & the pursuit of happiness, meaning life before birth, liberty for straight white men & pursuit of greed!"
#RNCinCLE
50 Likes, 27 Retweets

21) GOP: "We're trying to suppress blacks' vote, kick out Hispanics, bar Muslims, but enough with identity politics!"
#RNCinCLE
49 Likes, 27 Retweets

22) Priebus: "We believe in choice, so long as you have a penis & look like a snowman, who carries an AK-47!"
#RNCinCLE
46 Likes, 28 Retweets

22) RNC crowd: "All Lives Matter! All Lives Matter!" Well, duh, but you're missing the point. All Sanity Matters too, but...
#RNCinCLE
51 Likes, 23 Retweets

22) Trump: "I'm now going to yell a few random words: Chiiina! Bigly! Never! Ever! Ever! Bigly! Chiiina! Shucky ducky! Believe me!"
#RNCinCLE
52 Likes, 22 Retweets

25) Trump: "This is the portion of the speech when I'm going to speak in the 3rd person. Donald J. Trump is unbelievable, believe me."
#RNCinCLE
49 Likes, 24 Retweets

25) Trump: "You know how I hate Hillary's annoying voice? I'm going to make mine so much biglier annoying tonight, believe me."
#RNCinCLE
55 Likes, 18 Retweets

27) Trump: "Here are my tax releases. Just kidding. April Fool's. What month is this again? Septober?"
#RNCinCLE
52 Likes, 20 Retweets

28) Mealer: "Trump's been an underdog all his life - ever since he was loaned $1 million & given millions more inheritance from dad."
#RNCinCLE
44 Likes, 25 Retweets

28) Trump: "America is a nation of dreamers, which is why I've spent this whole speech telling you to give up on your dreams!"
#RNCinCLE
51 Likes, 18 Retweets

30) BREAKING NEWS: "Donald Trump to follow his wife & son's plagiarism-happy lead tonight, as his speech is called, 'Yes We Can!'"
#RNCinCLE
42 Likes, 22 Retweets

31) Tarkenton: "The way I scrambled around in the pocket was nowhere near as good as how Donald Trump scrambles around the truth."
#RNCinCLE
37 Likes, 25 Retweets

32) Fallin:"Why is our country divided/scared? Since day 1 in office, our goal was to make PBO a 1-termer & the fear card is our BFF!"
#RNCinCLE
41 Likes, 19 Retweets

33) Trump: "I will present the facts plainly & honestly, which will be a first for me folks, believe me."
#RNCinCLE
35 Likes, 21 Retweets

34) I just saw it was National Junk Food Day. How fitting it is that Donald Trump speaks tonight, as all he does is feed us junk.
#RNCinCLE
36 Likes, 17 Retweets

34) Trump: "Let me now talk to you about The Bible. Besides Two Corinthians, I love Dude You're On Me, Filipinos & Phil Collins."
#RNCinCLE
39 Likes, 14 Retweets

36) Priebus: "Regulation is evil, so we want the bottom 98% of you to be much more regulated than the top 2% bc we're about fairness!"
#RNCinCLE
33 Likes, 18 Retweets

37) Trump: "I was once known as the 'Looney Tunes' candidate, but have now become the 'Law & Order' candidate, believe me."
#RNCinCLE
27 Likes, 20 Retweets

37) Trump: "Before 2009, ISIS didn't even exist, because 1999 comes after 2009!"
#RNCinCLE
28 Likes, 19 Retweets

37) Shin: "Hillary has no accountability! Trump tells the truth 8% of the time, never backs down, apologizes & always tweets excuses!"
#RNCinCLE
36 Likes, 11 Retweets

40) THIS JUST IN: "Tom Barrack will be telling Trump stories for the next 12 hours. Red Bulls and sleeping bags will be provided."
#RNCinCLE
37 Likes, 9 Retweets

41) Trump: "I promise all of you, my oath to all of you will be more like oathful than to my three wives."
#RNCinCLE
32 Likes, 12 Retweets

42) Jon Voight's now speaking. Great... Here's the first thing I think of when I hear the name "Jon Voight" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgtGKurXBu4 …
#RNCinCLE
27 Likes, 13 Retweets

43) Trump: "The only way to make this nation safe again is to make the rest of the world hate is more. It's logic, people."
#RNCinCLE
28 Likes, 11 Retweets

44) With the way Mark Burns is yelling, I'm just waiting for Slayer to start jamming behind him.
#RNCinCLE
32 Likes, 6 Retweets

45) Trump: "Hillary wants to abolish the 2nd Amendment, because if terrorists can't own guns, no one can own guns!"
#RNCinCLE
25 Likes, 12 Retweets

45) Trump: "I will install 'Law & Order' to our country. It'll be the best series in history, folks."
#RNCinCLE
28 Likes, 9 Retweets

47) Trump: "We're going to be a very warm, fuzzy, lovey-dovey country, unless you're one of them, them, or them, I promise you."
#RNCinCLE
22 Likes, 13 Retweets

48) I wish Marilyn Manson would come out and troll the audience by playing "The Dope Show" - http://www.vevo.com/watch/marilyn-manson/the-dope-show/USIV20200240 …
#RNCinCLE
28 Likes, 6 Retweets

49) Priebus: "Dems are the conservative party! We're the party of change - change to bring us back to the caveman days!"
#RNCinCLE
23 Likes, 8 Retweets

50) Falwell, Jr.: "Hello, Armageddon is almost upon us, goodbye."
#RNCinCLE
28 Likes, 2 Retweets

51) For those of you wondering, yes, Representative Marsha Blackburn just said, "Git er done!"
#RNCinCLE
22 Likes, 7 Retweets

52) Arpaio: "Ladies/gents, in light of last night's awful speech, I just want you to know, I found Ted Cruz's real birth certificate."
#RNCinCLE
20 Likes, 7 Retweets

53) Arpaio: "With my help, Trump is going to build a wall. We may be a combined 154-years-old, but that's only 35 in dog years, so..."
#RNCinCLE
16 Likes, 8 Retweets

54) Trumpeteer: "You're an idiot if you think the GOP has suppressed black voters! Study history!"
Study facts...
#RNCinCLE
15 Likes, 7 Retweets

55) Trump: "Hillary supporters say 'I'm With Her.' I say 'I Want To Be With Koch.'"
#RNCinCLE
14 Likes, 6 Retweets

56) Trump: "Let me tell you the story about Bernie Danders..."
#RNCinCLE
16 Likes, 2 Retweets

57) Song: "Stay With Me"
Translation: "Trump said he'd stay with me, me, and me too."
#RNCinCLE
10 Likes, 5 Retweets

58) So, Mark Burns sounds, eh, cheerful. My money's on him singing "Kumbaya" soon...
#RNCinCLE
9 Likes, 1 Retweet

Totals for Day 4: 2,890 Likes, 1,493 Retweets (Averages of 49.8 Likes, 25.7 Retweets)

Totals Overall: 10,597 Likes, 5,411 Retweets (Averages of 48.4 Likes, 24.7 Retweets)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"