Skip to main content

A man sports an anti-gun control shirt at a concert in the middle of nowhere

So, as is typical on most Friday nights, I went out with my father to listen to music and have a few drinks. Along our journey, we stopped by an outdoor concert venue/bar/pizza joint in the middle of nowhere. After sitting at the bar, enjoying a beverage, and wishing we were enjoying the band more, I observed a middle-aged gentleman, who appeared to have played hockey for several years (missing teeth) and was sporting a shirt which read, "Shove Gun Control Up Your A** (picture of a donkey)."

I kind of had to laugh when seeing this shirt. Here we are, on a Friday night, at a place where most people are enjoying food, booze, and music, and this guy felt the need to tell everyone in a not so friendly manner that he hates gun control. ...and the buzz kill of the night award goes to...

It also made me laugh, because the only piece of gun control legislation which has a serious chance of passing before the 2014 midterm elections is with regard to expanding background checks. If the guy is a law-abiding citizen, the law would in no way impact his ability to purchase firearms. So, he's either declaring to the world that he's a felon, crazy, soon to be a felon, or that he believes felons, terrorists, and the mentally insane should be able to buy as many guns as they so please.

I was half-tempted to go up to the guy and say something along the lines of, "Nice shirt, bro."

He'd probably give me a high-five and say, "You too, man? Right on! What kind of guns do you have?"

I'd then have to come back with, "A Super-Soaker. Well, enjoy the tunes."

Humorously enough, I have to imagine this same guy complains when a liberal musician integrates political themes and messages in his or her songs, and would say things like, "Keep politics out of music!" or "Politics don't belong in music!" Yeah, in his mind, at concerts, just let the music be music and he'll bring in the politics. That sounds like a winning combination if I ever heard one! ...and to think I had thought about wearing a t-shirt which said, "I Went Hunting with Dick Cheney" and had bullet holes all over it.

http://www.zazzle.com/shove_gun_control_up_your_donkey_t_shirts-235057443145571691

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"