Skip to main content

Twitter "fact" account claims the site helps to improve one's writing

I've long poked fun at Twitter, because I think the term "tweeting" sounds funny, even perverse in some instances, and because I feel that along with texting, tweeting has significantly contributed to the decline of our writing skills.

Even though I still believe this to be the case, however, I decided to rejoin the site for business purposes - to help spread word about my written work. So, I've started "following" many different types of people to help keep me entertained and spread word about my work. Among these persons are a number of "fact"-oriented accounts which allege to post random facts throughout the course of a day. Upon reading these "facts," I'd say I question the validity of roughly one out of every two - which brings me to today's tweet.

One such "fact"-oriented account today tweeted that Twitter helps improve people's writing, because it helps us get to the point. Okay, I can understand where this individual is coming from, however, I highly doubt that is scientific fact. Has he/she/it read some of these tweets?

Here is a list of tweets from celebrities, along with my responses to them:

Nene Leakes: "Lawd hav mercy this is really getting dark! RHONJ reunion."

My response: Lord have mercy on this person's spelling...


E-40: "We in this than breh! #SFGiants"

My response: We're doing what? We're in what? What the heck is "breh?" Besides that, I think I get what he's trying to say here.


Michael "The Situation" Sorrentino: "Well internet is mad slow so now Me n Moses r Breaking out the PLaystation Vita n im Playin Madden NFL 2013! He will never beatme !Hes a Pup"

My response: I believe I know actual pups whom possess better grammar skills than The Situation. 


Lil Scrappy: "Sometimes u can't believe ya the people we knw"

My response: Indeed. Sometimes I can't believe some person I know isn't the person I know either, or something like that. What are you trying to say again?


Rick Ross: "Fa da luv of da money"

My response: "For the first word of the competition, please spell 'the.' I'm sorry, but 'd-a' is incorrect. You may have a seat."


Lamar Odom: "how can U get mad at me time is money thats why i wait 4 no body/and I'm snatching it know/Im the ValiSpit Torian N a class full of clowns"

My response: I somehow believe that last line, for you definitely weren't the valedictorian in a class full of students. 


Paul Pierce: "Stuck m traffic gotta num 2 next exit 3 miles wow"

My response: After reading this tweet, I'd say "wow" is right...


Meek Mill: "Oh u b hating wit them huhhnn..... Pillow talkin wit dem hoes wen u heard that I hit it huhhhnnnn #dc3 #dreamsandnightmares in stores now"

My response: Dreams and nightmares? If I were an English professor and grading this tweet, I'd simply call it a nightmare.


Tameka Harris: "U guys no its Mon.Night so u should already no what I want! Don't miss FH tonight on VH1 at 9 est! I believe u will really laugh 2nite"

My response: When responding to a question, I wonder if Ms. Harris ever says, "Yes, know, maybe so."


Mary J. Blige: "Why is that people try to understand estimate my intelligents?! They should never do that! I haven't been on (cont) http://tl.gd/u6v0"

My response: ...and the question of the day is whose "inteligents" do we "misunderestimate" more - Mary J. Blige or George W. Bush?"


Yeah, what was that "fact"-oriented user saying again? That's what I thought...

http://www.complex.com/tech/2012/11/the-50-worst-celebrity-spellers-on-twitter/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"