Skip to main content

"If I Only Had a Brain" should be the theme song for Maine Republican Ken Fredette

When discussing why he couldn't get behind the Medicaid expansion in Obamacare, Maine House Minority Leader Ken Fredette made quite the statement, saying the following:

"As I listen to the debate today and earlier debate on this bill, I can't help but think of a title of a book, Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus. And it's a book about the fact that men sort of think one way in their own brain, in their own world. And women think another way in their own brain and in their own world. And it really talks about the way that men and women can do a better job at communicating. Because if you listen to the debate today, in my mind - a man's mind - I hear two fundamental issues. From the other side of the aisle, I hear the conversation being about: free, 'This is free, we need to take it, and it's free. And we need to do it now.' And that's the fundamental message that my brain receives. Now, my brain, being a man's brain, sort of thinks differently, because I say, well it's not - if it's free, is it really free? Because I say, in my brain, there's a cost to this."

So, what is it Mr. Numnuts (Fredette) is implying? That like with men and women having a different thought-process, so too do Republicans (men) and Democrats (women)? ...and that men (Republicans) are more rational thinkers than women (Democrats), especially when it comes to money? Was Mr. Douche (Fredette) always this smooth with women? Here are some pick-up lines I imagine the Maine House Minority Leader has uttered to the opposite sex at one point in his life or another:

- "Hi, I'm Ken. Can I buy you a drink? What would you like? Okay. Bartender, that will be two Bud Lights - one for the small-brained lady over here and one for yours truly. Thanks."

- "I think it should be required by law for all women to have the middle name Sh*tforbrains. So, are you married?"

- "I don't understand feminists. Women have smaller brains - period. End of story. It's science. It's in the Bible. The end. Oh, by the way, I'm Ken. Is this seat taken?"

- "Do you remember that cartoon Pinky and the Brain? Yeah, I liked that too. Anyway, I just started thinking about it the other day. They should update the series and call it Woman and the Man. Get it? Because, we have brains and you don't. Why aren't you laughing? I was going to ask what you liked doing for fun, but the answer to that is nothing apparently."

- "I bet you I can guess your bra size - 36DD, right? My brain is bigger than those. Guess what size my bra is. That's right - I don't wear one. ...and guess what? My boobs are bigger than your brain. Wait, where are you going? Can I call you sometime?"


Yes, Mr. Fredette appears to be that smooth, not to mention intelligent. Humorously enough, Maine People's Alliance Health Care Organizer Jennie Pirkl is on the record saying, "Even the conservative Heritage Foundation admits that accepting federal care funding will save the state $690 million over the next decade while providing health care coverage for 70,000 more Maine people."

What was Mr. Fredette saying about his superior man's brain again?

Scarecrow, take it away for Mr. Fredette - "If I only had a brain..." 

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/06/12/2147031/maine-gop-leader-mans-brain/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"