Skip to main content

Another Humorous Date Story

I can't say I'm proud of these date stories, but the more I look back at them, the more I shake my head and laugh at how ridiculous and funny they were. Sometimes, they're even difficult for me to believe. I already shared the two about "Figure skating girl" and "Mother Theresa," as they'll forever be remembered by me. I have one other such story. This one occurred during my first year of college, so a number of years ago. In the story, I'll refer to this gal by the name of Karen.

In my first year of college, I took a creative writing course. It was a tiny class with only ten students and about half showed up on a daily basis. The nice thing about that small class was the fact that the students got to know one another better than they would have in a class of fifty or sixty. After a while, two guys in the class, John and Jeff, claimed they knew a gal that would be a great match for me. I was very tentative at first, but they wouldn't stop talking about her.

"She's so hot man." "You've got to meet her." "She models." "She's tops in her class." "She's into rock music like you are." "We guarantee you'll like her."

After hearing this for a while, I shrugged my shoulders and thought, eh, what the heck. So, they set us up and we decided to meet at a park to walk and talk. It was a beautiful spring afternoon, so we thought it was a good idea to enjoy it. It'd give us the opportunity to get some exercise and get to know one another. Five minutes into the walk-and-talk session, I wanted to head back to my car.

Keep in mind, this was the first time we met.

One of the first things she said to me was, "Gosh Craig, don't I look hot? Doesn't this outfit look great on me? I was putting it on, saw myself in the mirror and said, 'Dang girl, you've got it going on!'"

I kid thee not. That's what she said. I can only imagine my facial expression when I heard that.

One of the next things she said was, "I went to this party last night and so many guys wanted me. I got so many of their phone numbers, but I don't want any of them, because I have you."

Again, this was the first time we met. Rule #1- Don't make a statement about commitment to a guy on the first date, especially if it's the first time the two have met. She then went on and on about her modeling, how she owned over 100 pairs of shoes, about how hot she was. ::yawns:: It got old very fast. I like confidence. It's very nice to be around a person who believes in themselves, but she was going overboard and that's an understatement.

At first glance, I admit, she was fairly attractive, but the more I talked to her or I should say, listened to her, the less attractive she appeared. I also noticed some odd odors in the air. One of those happened to be body odor. Right when I smelled that, I panicked and when she looked elsewhere, I did a quick check to make sure it wasn't me and I'm happy to say it wasn't. But, unfortunately, I'm not happy to say, it was her! She also tried covering that smell up by globbing I don't know how many bottles of perfume on herself. I don't mind a little bit, but too much makes my sinuses go crazy. It was a sneezing fit just waiting to happen. Unfortunately, even these two odors weren't the worst that she possessed. After a little while, I noticed the odor of a skunk after spraying. I was about to say something, but my gut told me not to and thank God for that! As I soon realized, the stench grew stronger whenever her face turned towards mine. That's right, it was her breath! I about gagged. I actually did a couple times. She asked if I was alright and of course, I said, "Oh, yes, of course."

It was perfect, this "Oh so hot genius model" liked to play the role of the airhead, broke rule #1 in the dater's manual, sounded conceited like I'd never before heard and she reeked to high heaven. The walk-and-talk seemed to last for days. When it finally ended, I walked her to her car and she wanted to kiss. I can only imagine the look on my face there, but I played it nice with a simple cop out, "I don't kiss on first dates." She claimed to respect that and we then went our separate ways.

I had a few words with John and Jeff that next week in class. The first words that came out of their mouths were, "So, how'd the date go? We told you she's hot, huh?" I then broke the news about all that happened and how sensitive my sense of smell is. They apologized and that was the end of my time with Karen or "Skunk girl," as she may also be known as.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"