Skip to main content

Sympathy Blogs

Have you ever known two people whom have a continuous argument with one another through blogs? Most likely, these two people are in a relationship or just getting out of one. The male will write his version of the story on his blog, as the female will do on her's. Then, they will read the other's blog and respond with a blog of their own. The drama can be a bit interesting and even amusing at times, but what's the point? Wouldn't it be better for the two people to actually talk about things? To speak to one another about the issues they raise in their blogs, as opposed to doing just that and blogging about them? Are they written to gain sympathy from their readers? Is it cathartic? What if a reader takes the time to read both the male and female's blogs? Then, that person may be a bit perplexed on certain portions and may want to actually talk to the two people involved and ask them questions. But what would that even do? Talk to the guy, he'll probably give his take on it and he's the innocent party. Talk to the gal, and she'll probably do likewise.

This is why I don't go into my personal life with these blogs. Why share all of that and then, in the end, the relationship will probably not work out, so then what? Does the guy or the gal shut their blog down so the other can't read it anymore? Or shut it down, because they feel no motivation to blog anymore? Do they set a blog up on another site and not inform the other, so they can still blog, but the other can't read it? But what if only one of the two parties does this? Is that fair? One party can still write their own happy little blog and read the other's, but that other party can write theirs, knowing the other can still read it, yet can't read the other's blog. Is that a new rule in break-ups? Step 3 is to shut down your blog so the other party whom was involved can't read it anymore?

What if the couple breaks-up, are discussing what step they should take next and one party says they can't talk anymore, can't read their blogs anymore, can't have any contact whatsoever for, oh, let's say two to four weeks? But here's the catch - after the two to four weeks are done, they'll send the other party their new blog site address, so they can read and catch up on the blogs they'd written in that time-frame and through that, find out how much they truly care about that other person. Wow, now, isn't that a thought? Let's see here, I couldn't show or tell you how much I cared for you recently or now. I won't even let you read my blogs anymore, so I shut down the one site and moved over to another. But I will be so kind to let you read these blogs of mine in two to four weeks just so you know how much I care about you. Isn't that special? No, not exactly.

Maybe it's the latest thing to go around in the love and dating world. No longer are flowers, chocolates, poems, candlelight dinners, picnics and spending quality time with a person considered romantic and worthwhile ways to show a person how much you care about them. In the future, it'll go like this. Keep in mind, the two characters depicted in this dialogue have been together for seven years.

Debra: "Hey honey, how are you today? I have a surprise for you later on! You're going to love it!"

Red: "I'm doing just fantastic! Oh, you have a surprise for me, do you? I can't wait! I love surprises. So long as we're on the subject, I have a surprise for you as well, my sweet DebM1429763!"

Debra: "Really? Really? Okay, I can't take it anymore! What's your surprise? You know how I can't handle not knowing!"

Red: "Alright, well, I'm writing you a special blog honey! You're going to love it!"

Debra: "No way! You're kidding me! That's my surprise for you! Gosh, you know what they say about great minds!"

Red: "Yes I do, sweetie. I can't wait to read it! Well, I'm off to work. Have a great day and check on your blog in a few hours. It should be up by then!"

...and they lived happily ever after. Aw, wasn't that sweet? I bumped into a genie last night and for my first wish, I wished to start a very special relationship in the not-too-distant future where my girlfriend and I would speak to each other through blogs. We'll see if the genie was genuine or a fake. A guy can dream, can't he?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"