Skip to main content

Dick goes low

Just a day before the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, former Vice President and permanent Darth Vader impersonator, Dick Cheney, had a spokesperson write the following:

"If President Obama were participating in his intelligence briefings on a regular basis then perhaps he would understand why people are so offended at his efforts to take sole credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden."

I have a hunch that something is eating away at Cheney - something resembling guilt perhaps, but being the Dark Lord and all, he has attempted to find a way to project that "guilt" onto another. A report, which was just released by The New York Times, showed ample evidence that the Bush Administration (or Cheney Administration as some liked to call it - I personally prefer the Dick and Bush Administration myself) ignored numerous C.I.A. warnings about a possible terrorist attack on American soil in the run-up to 9/11. In light of this report, perhaps Cheney is doing his damnedest to deflect that negative attention off he and the rest of Dubya's administration and onto the current president.

I would love if Mr. Dick(head) would elaborate on "people" in his statement - "...perhaps he would understand why 'people' are so offended..." What people? Who are these people? Do they exist? Are they merely voices which exist in the friend-I-mean-pheasant-hunter's mind? Does he call them his seven dwarfs? Are they people affiliated with Fox "News" and right-wing talk radio? Is it just a general word to use in order to try and strengthen his argument, but without any evidence to back it? He can't be talking about himself, for it has been scientifically proven that Dick Cheney is not a person.

Lastly, I am not sure what these voices have been telling Demon Dick, but Obama has not, at any point, taken solo credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden.

In Dick's mind (and others, unfortunately), when Obama announced that bin Laden was, in fact, dead, here's what Devil Dick heard:

"American citizens, illegal immigrants, people, plants and Dick Cheney's all over the world, I come before you tonight to inform you that Osama bin Laden is dead. I just got back from the Middle East, where I was armed with two assault rifles, a rocket launcher, a grenade launcher, 174 hand grenades, five handguns, three machine guns, ten Wal-Mart machetes and glow-sticks I got at a rave in downtown San Francisco one time. After I punched, kicked, shot and sliced bin Laden into little pieces the size of legos, I danced like I did at that rave Friday night. It was a one-man operation. I flew the helicopter. I landed it. I needed no back-up. I killed Osama bin Laden, flew the chopper back home and here I am announcing the great news to you. You're welcome, America. You're welcome. I told you, upon running in 2008, I would find a way to bring justice to Osama bin Laden and I'm here telling you now - mission accomplished! God bless you all and God bless the United States of America."

Now, here's what the president really said in that speech, given on May 2nd of 2011:

"Tonight, I can report to the American people and to the world, the United States has conducted an operation that killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of al Qaeda, and a terrorist who's responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent men, women, and children.

Over the last 10 years, thanks to the tireless and heroic work of our military and our counterterrorism professionals, we've made great strides [in fighting against al Qaeda to protect our citizens, our friends, and our allies].

A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body.

Tonight, we give thanks to the countless intelligence and counterterrorism professionals who've worked tirelessly to achieve this outcome. The American people do not see their work, nor know their names. But tonight, they feel the satisfaction of their work and the result of their pursuit of justice.

We give thanks for the men who carried out this operation, for they exemplify the professionalism, patriotism, and unparalleled courage of those who serve our country. And they are part of a generation that has borne the heaviest share of the burden since that September day."

In this speech, Obama spoke the word "I" just once, in introducing the matter at hand by saying, "Tonight, I can report to the American people..." The word "our" was spoken six times, the word "we" spoken three times and "they" was spoken a total of nine times. How Mr. Cheney interpreted that as the president taking sole credit for the killing is beyond me. Then again, this is a man who shot a friend in the face while pheasant-hunting and had this friend apologize to him while in the hospital. Rationale is as much a part of this guy's vocabulary as sexy is a part of Donald Trump's.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/dick-cheney-obama-intelligence-briefings_n_1873618.html

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/navyseal.asp

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/opinion/the-bush-white-house-was-deaf-to-9-11-warnings.html?_r=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"