Skip to main content

Are Sweatpants Prohibited?

I just spoke to a friend of mine a while back on this matter. She stated that, while it was alright for males to be caught wearing sweatpants in public, it's wrong for a female to do such a thing. Her reasoning was that sweatpants are only made to work out or sleep in. There aren't any exceptions.

Is this true, ladies? Is it a secret code or law you all have with one another? Are sweatpants to American women like Burkas are to Muslim women, in a sense? While Muslim women are prohibited to go out into public without their Burkas properly placed, American women can't be seen in public wearing sweatpants?

I'm utterly confused on this matter. Why? I don't know. Clothing just isn't that big of a deal to me, I guess. I'm the enemy of most major retailer stores. GAP, American Eagle, Abercrombie and Fitch, they all can't stand me. I wear clothes for humor, for expression, for comfort, and for as little as it'll cost me.

This is where I'll never be on the same wavelength as many women. When I see them wearing almost nothing along with high heels, I just think to myself (no, no dirty thoughts), "That cannot be comfortable!" In fact, when I ask women about high heels, all they do is complain about them and how their feet hurt so badly if they've been on for a certain amount of time. I then naturally ask, "Well, then, why do you wear them?" Their response, of course, is, "To complete my outfit. They match." I follow that up with a little roll-eye action, thinking that the pain is definitely not worth a complete and matching outfit.

So, I used to feel bad for women since their outfits don't look too cozy, but not anymore. The more I talk to them, the more I realize how aware of it they are and perhaps they oddly enjoy that pain. That's right, masochism. Pleasure from pain. It was their choice to wear the shoes or not. They knew darn well how much it'd hurt if they decided to go with the heels. They went for them and in an odd sense, liked it. Very odd, if you ask me (which I know you didn't).

Alright, so sweatpants are made for comfort, basically. You can wear them to bed, wear them to the gym, wear them while watching a show or flick at home. But, to go out in public with them on, in total comfort (feeling about naked), that's wrong and disrespectful? So, it's okay to go out in public in pain from what you're wearing, but not alright if you're completely comfortable? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

So, if sweatpants are only allowable to bed, at the gym, or at home while watching television, do similar rules apply for other clothing items? Can high heels only be worn on dates and job interviews? Can hats only be worn to sporting events? Can sneakers only be worn while going on errands or for a jog? Since sweatpants can't be worn in public, does that same rule hold true for sweatshirts? What about hoodies? Since they're called gym shorts, are those only permissible to be worn in the gym? Is there a certain temperature that makes it alright for t-shirts to be worn? On the opposite end of the spectrum, how about winter coats? Light jackets? Sweaters? Are there certain clothes that can only be worn to the bar? Clubs? Parties? Concerts?

Now, I'm not saying we should all go out in our sweatpants every day and night. It's good to change it up and not wear the same outfit on consecutive days. But, if it's a cold and snowy day out and you know you have to run a couple errands, is it not alright to go wearing something that is warm and comfortable, as opposed to taking an hour and a half to get ready and prettied up for an occasion that really doesn't call for that? Like grocery shopping? Or returning clothes? Or even going to a movie? It's cold in a movie theater, dark, so why not be warm and cozy?

Ladies, if an average guy sees you walking down the street and you're attractive, he's not going to care what you're wearing, whether that be sweatpants, clubbing attire or a gothic outfit. As you pass by, he'll look back at you and then look over to his buddy and say, "Ooh, did you see that? Mm mm mm" or something along those lines. And when it comes to the shoes, only guys who you will never be dating for a very long time (if you know what I mean) will notice those right away. Well, them and your fellow female friends. Guys whom you could be dating for an extended period of time probably won't even notice those things. If he does, he'll probably ask one question, "Don't those hurt?" Trust me, it doesn't take much to satisfy males.

Comments

  1. Look, Im a girl and I could care less what my outfit looks like. I like to get clothes for as little money as i can. Most of my outfits are rock band shirts, jean shorts and flip flops. I'm probably the biggest tomboy ever, i don't wear heels unless absolutely necessary in the case of a job interview. Other than that, you'll almost never catch me in heels, more likely a Beatles tee, or Aerosmith tee, jean shorts and flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, there's nothing wrong with being a tomboy. I tend to understand them far better than the "girly girl" or however that's termed nowadays.

    I know my mother and her sister are anti-heels. Whenever they see a woman wearing heels, they cringe, their feet and ankles begin to hurt and they look at one another and ask, "Why?"

    I was at a bar not long ago to see a local band perform and there was this woman, in some of the highest heels I've ever seen, on the dance floor. She couldn't move around very much, of course, but whew, alcohol + high heels + dancing = pending disaster!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"