Skip to main content

A strange lineup of locations for the Masters of Madness Tour

Thus far, there have been eleven shows posted from the upcoming Masters of Madness Tour, featuring shock rock legends Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson. Perhaps it shouldn't be surprising, but this has to be the strangest line-up of tour dates I've seen, especially coming from the two biggest names in the history of shock rock. With both men being fairly intelligent, I have to wonder if there's any significance behind these locations.

The first posted date is for June 3rd at the Red Rocks in Morrison, Colorado. That's right - not Denver, Boulder, Colorado Springs, or Fort Collins, but Morrison, where the 2011 population was just 431.

Next on the slate is a June 4th date at the USANA Amphitheatre in Salt Lake City, Utah. Utah is kind of known as the Mormon state and is arguably the most conservative state in the country, so I find this scheduled appearance to be ironically humorous.

The shock rock duo then plan on traveling to Los Angeles for a june 6th show at the Gibson Amphitheatre at Universal City Walk.

The Don Haskins Center in El Paso, Texas is next on the slate for a June 8th showing.

Cooper and Manson's next scheduled date is at the Verizon Theatre in Grand Prairie, Texas on June 10th. It's near the Dallas/Fort Worth area, so why the pair decided to set forth in Grand Prairie as opposed to Dallas, I can't be certain of at this juncture.

At this time, the following show is scheduled to be at the Merriweather Post Pavillion in Columbia, Maryland on June 17th.

The Sovereign Performing Arts Center in Reading, Pennsylvania will be graced by the presence of the two shock rockers on June 18th.

The odd couple will next showcase their music at the Meadowbrook U.S. Cellular Pavillion in Gilford, New Hampshire, which has a population of just 7,126, on June 20th.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's Stage AE will be where Cooper and Manson will play next, on June 23rd.

On June 25th, at the aptly-named Family Arena in St. Charles, Missouri, the shock rock gods will play.

Lastly (at this point), the two will play at the BMO Harris Bank Center in Rockford, Illinois on June 28th.

With eight of the eleven tour dates being in the likes of: Morrison, Colorado; Salt Lake City, Utah; Grand Prairie, Texas; Columbia, Maryland; Reading, Pennsylvania; Gilford, New Hampshire; St. Charles, Missouri; and Rockford, Illinois, I have to think that Cooper and Manson have some odd reasons for playing in these cities and will be curious to hear more about it in the coming months.

http://marilynmanson.com/tour/

Comments

  1. Maybe they want to find new places to play, play to peoplw who may be unfamiliar with their music. I know for sure Alice Cooper would be worth seeing. My sister got me liking his music. I'm especially addicted to his song "Feed my Frankenstein"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's possible too. I guess I just know both to be fans of history, irony, humor, and ruffling feathers, so I have to wonder if some/any of the locations have some historical significance, either with them personally or from a grander perspective. I may have to do a little more research and see for myself.

    I have actually seen both perform before. I saw Blue Oyster Cult and Alice Cooper at the Columbus (Ohio) Fair 3-4 years ago, I believe, and then saw Manson in Omaha back in 1997, when he was seen at his most controversial. Both were entertaining shows, mixing music with costumes and theatrics. They often times felt like gothic horror plays. The pair should make for an interesting spectacle, for while they're known as the two biggest shock rock legends in the genre's history and share similarities as far as stage-names and images go, they're quite different as far as music, lyrics, and theatrics. Manson is definitely the more controversial and shocking of the two as far as lyrics go, but based on my experiences, I found Cooper to be the more shocking and controversial as far as theatrics went. The ticket prices don't seem to be too high, so I'm kind of hoping they stop by somewhere closer to Columbus. Even from just a people-watching perspective, it would make for quite an interesting experience, I'm sure.

    I like "Feed My Frankenstein" as well. I actually first heard that when watching the film "Wayne's World." If you're curious about checking out some more of Cooper's material, I'd recommend just giving the "Greatest Hits" album a gander and going from there. It includes well-known tracks like: "I'm Eighteen," "Is It My Body," "Desperado," "School's Out," "No More Mr. Nice Guy," etc. "Feed My Frankenstein" is from the 1992 album "Hey Stoopid." The 1987 song "Poison" is also one of his better-known tracks, off the album "Trash." If you ever have the chance to see him live, though, I'd highly recommend it. Love the music or not, the guy, even at the age of 65, knows how to put on a great show.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"