Skip to main content

Douche Kasich gives advice to women

While I've preferred Ohio Governor John Kasich over the rest of the GOP field from the start of the primaries, that's like saying I'd prefer a paper cut over a root canal. Kasich recently made this analogy all the more accurate after answering a young woman's question about how to better prevent sexual assault on college campuses by saying, "I'd also give you one bit of advice, don't go to parties where there is a lot of alcohol."

Yes, that's all there is to it, ladies; the onus is apparently on you. You must learn to refrain from meeting up with friends at a party over the weekend because you'll run the risk of a drunk man forcing himself on you sexually...

I'm sorry, but this comment is ridiculous on multiple fronts. First off, and most importantly, sexual assault victims are the victims, not causes of sex-related crimes. We need to stop treating them like the causes of these unfortunate incidents and providing excuses for the perpetrators of these crimes. Potential victims shouldn't have to severely limit their social options due to angry, horny, inebriated individuals out and about. We need to stop lecturing women on what they can do to decrease the likelihood of being sexually assaulted and instead lecture men on how to better respect and treat women.

Also, Kasich runs into trouble with his argument due to a thing called prevalence. Where isn't there "a lot of alcohol"? Alcohol tends to be present at: College parties, graduation parties, weddings, funerals, concerts, sporting events, comedy clubs, bars, restaurants, (some) movie theaters, fairs, amusement/water parks, people's homes, churches I could go on and on. So, where do women go to socialize and have fun, Governor Kasich? With his logic, women may just want to hang out at home or the library all day 365 days a year.

Woman: "I'm thinking about taking my boyfriend to the Olive Garden for his birthday. What do you think?"

Kasich: "Oh, I don't know... I mean, there is a bar there and I know I drink a lot of wine whenever I go there. There's a chance you and your boyfriend get drunk and when you're stumbling to your car a big drunken man by the name of Little Tony knocks your boyfriend out cold and tries getting on you, as he yells, 'I want more breadsticks! You said they were unlimited! Need breadsticks! Now!' So, I don't know if I'd do that if I were you."


Woman: "Some friends of mine and I are thinking about going to this cool new arcade downtown tonight! It's going to be so much fun!"

Kasich: "I'm sorry to do this, but I'd really think twice before going there. I'm pretty sure there's alcohol at that place and there aren't too many workers on hand to keep an eye out for their customers. So it's highly possible that, while you're playing Ms. Pac-Man, a guy who wants to be Mr. Pac-Man will come up behind you, get really close, whisper naughty things, and violate you. I've seen it a hundred times. Alcohol and Pac-Man just do not mix."


Woman: "I haven't gone to church for a while, but promised my mom I'd take her tomorrow for Mother's Day."

Kasich: "If the church uses grape juice at communion, then you should be okay. If they serve wine, though, I'd probably run for the doors if I were you. I got drunk when drinking wine at communion once, just last week as a matter of fact, and my wife told me the following morning I got kicked out due to how inappropriate I tried being with her. So, yeah, be careful."

Yeah, while he's at it, Governor Kasich may just want to pass along the following message to women everywhere:

"I love and cherish women. I have two daughters for crying out loud! But for as much as I love women, I worry about them. I keep hearing about these sexual assaults and rapes and stuff, and I want them to stop. The best way to stop these things from happening is making sure women: Don't wear any revealing clothing, don't flirt or even talk to guys, never accept a meal or drink offer from men, never drink period or go anywhere where alcohol might be present, and just let boys be boys, because what else are they going to be, you know? So, ladies, I know this is going to be hard, but it's for your own good - always wear sweatpants, a sweatshirt, a mask, a hat thingy, and never go outside the home, unless it's to the library. Oh, and vote for me in November, because if there's anyone that believes in and fights for women's freedom, it's me! I'm Douche, I mean John Kasich, and I approve this message."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/blogs/2016/04/15/kasich-sexual-assault-dont-go-parties-alcohol/83084604/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"