Skip to main content

#GOPDebate

I had a great deal of fun making sarcastic tweets throughout the course of both GOP debates last night. When all was said and done, I concocted 78 such tweets (yes, my mind was more fried than Willie Nelson's after partying with Cheech and Chong for 4 hours). Here's a list of said tweets, starting with the most popular and ending with the least popular:

1) Jeb: "Obama had 6 years to bring us out of my brother's recession & he did, so yeah, take that Obama!"
#GOPDebate
94 favorites, 69 retweets (163 total)

2) Rubio: "Obama & his 223 executive orders are the most in history, even more than Reagan's 381!"
#GOPDebate
41 favorites, 33 retweets (74 total)

3) Huckabee: "The kids nowadays are so lazy! Get off your butts & put your lives on the line in war! ...and no, I never did this!"
#GOPDebate
37 favorites, 34 retweets (71 total)

4) GOP: "Unless you're talking about reproductive rights, equal pay, adequate healthcare, etc., we fight for women's rights!"
#GOPDebate
37 favorites, 26 retweets (63 total)

5) Huckabee: "We always pick the wrong side w/Obama. We should follow Bush's lead, invade on false pretenses & spend trillions!"
#GOPDebate
36 favorites, 26 retweets (62 total)

6) Fiorina: "ISIS started in 1999, strengthened when Bush attacked the Middle East, but remember, it's all Hillary & Obama's fault!"
#GOPDebate
33 favorites, 24 retweets (57 total)

7) What won't be said...
GOP: "Let's now talk about that radical Christian conservative who attacked Planned Parenthood recently."
#GOPDebate
27 favorites, 21 retweets (48 total)

8) Carson: "Am I tough enough? All you need to know is when I was held at gunpoint at Popeyes one time & I sent him to the cashier."
#GOPDebate
28 favorites, 17 retweets (45 total)

8) Huckabee: "College kids post drunken photos on MyFace. That's awful! By the way, Josh Duggar & Kim Davis are my best friends."
#GOPDebate
29 favorites, 16 retweets (45 total)

10) Q: "What should we fear most?"
Trump: "Muslims!"
Cruz: "Obama!"
Rubio: "ISIS!"
Carson: "Hummus!"
#GOPDebate
25 favorites, 17 retweets (42 total)

11) Trump: "Jeb, you suck!"
Jeb: "Wanna go?"
Trump: "I got Ben's hammer & belt-buckle, so yeah!"
Jeb: "I got my exclamation point!"
#GOPDebate
26 favorites, 15 retweets (41 total)

12) 5 minutes in, those drinking a shot for every time a candidate says "radical Muslims" or "radical Islam" have already passed out.
#GOPDebate
20 favorites, 17 retweets (37 total)

12) Carson: "This is the greatest country the world has ever known, and I know this because Jesus was born here."
#GOPDebate
28 favorites, 9 retweets (37 total)

14) Trump: "I may be a dick, but CNN is being a bigger dick! You guys suck very very very much! No offense..."
#GOPDebate
20 favorites, 10 retweets (30 total)

15) Cruz:"I'm going mention FDR to bash Obama bc, you know, they're both Democrats & used to bowl together or something. Look it up!"
#GOPDebate
17 favorites, 12 retweets (29 total)

16) Lindsey Graham (future personal ad): "Ladies, if you want to kill terrorists, I'm your guy."
#GOPDebate
14 favorites, 12 retweets (26 total)

16) Trump: "Big, bigger, biggest, huge, huger, hugest, wait, what was that word I found in the Thesaurus today? Oh yeah, massive!"
#GOPDebate
16 favorites, 10 retweets (26 total)

16) Carson: "PC, PC, PC, PC, PC. Wait, PC stands for 'Pretty Clueless,' right?"
#GOPDebate
18 favorites, 8 retweets (26 total)

16) Trump: "Elect me and we'll be bigger, better, badder, greater, awesomer, and win at everything always, even curling."
#GOPDebate
22 favorites, 4 retweets (26 total)

20) Trump: "Just like I can build a big beautiful wall with my bare hands, I can snap my fingers and shut off the Internets."
#GOPDebate
14 favorites, 10 retweets (24 total)

20) Cruz: "All of you guys can go to hell! It's my party and I'll talk if I want to, talk if I want to, talk if I want to!"
#GOPDebate
15 favorites, 9 retweets (24 total)

22) GOP: "Us invading the Middle East always turns out well, so we need to keep on doing that, for a long long time, maybe forever!"
#GOPDebate
12 favorites, 11 retweets (23 total)

23) Christie: "I just have six words for all of you: 9/11." :: drops mic ::
#GOPDebate
14 favorites, 8 retweets (22 total)

23) Trump: "I'm center stage for a reason, bc I'm always center of my own attention. I'm awesome, I like me a lot & you like me too."
#GOPDebate
15 favorites, 7 retweets (22 total)

23) Trump: "Jeb's a nice guy and all, but no offense, he's a pansy and pretty stupid too. Again, no offense..."
#GOPDebate
16 favorites, 6 retweets (22 total)

26) GOP: "Bush may have invaded Iraq, which helped strengthen terrorist groups like ISIS, but it's still all Obama's fault!"
#GOPDebate
11 favorites, 10 retweets (21 total)

Kasich: "Let's talk about the Egyptian president..."

26) Carson: "Hey, by any chance, did he help store grain in the pyramids?"
#GOPDebate
16 favorites, 5 retweets (21 total)

28) The first of two Fallacyoholics Anonymous meetings is about to start now on CNN...
#GOPDebate
12 favorites, 8 retweets (20 total)

28) Trump: "Hyperbole, vague source, hyperbole, California, BS, 4-letter adjectives & adverbs, hyperbole."
#GOPDebate
14 favorites, 6 retweets (20 total)

30) GOP: "Obama & Clinton have not kept you safe. Vote GOP in 2016, & like under President Bush on 9/11, we'll keep you safe too!"
#GOPDebate
9 favorites, 10 retweets (19 total)

30) Huckabee: "Our system is designed to function by one party blocking everything the POTUS puts forward & that's what we've done!"
#GOPDebate
11 favorites, 8 retweets (19 total)

32) Rubio: "We're the greatest country in the history of mankind, but not now b/c of PBO. I'll take us back to Bush & the recession!"
#GOPDebate
9 favorites, 9 retweets (18 total)

32) Trump: "It's not about religion; it's about security from Muslims and their religion. There's a big big big difference."
#GOPDebate
9 favorites, 9 retweets (18 total)

32) Deep thoughts w/Donald J. Trump
"We either have a country or we don't have a country." & "We either have a border or we don't."
#GOPDebate
12 favorites, 6 retweets (18 total)

32) It would have been more fitting if CNN played the Green Day song "Walking Contradiction" in the lead up to the debate.
#GOPDebate
13 favorites, 5 retweets (18 total)

32) Carson: "I'm now going to mumble the name Reince Priebus so it sounds like Reince Pubus for no particular reason."
#GOPDebate
13 favorites, 5 retweets (18 total)

37) Huckabee: "Let me sing you all a song. Paranoia, paranoia, everybody's coming to get us, well, if they're Muslims or something."
#GOPDebate
9 favorites, 8 retweets (17 total)

37) GOP: "While, as we've proven time and time again, it's very possible to defeat terrorism, it's impossible to vet refugees!"
#GOPDebate
9 favorites, 8 retweets (17 total)

37) Christie: "I'll be more trusted by the dead king of Jordan than President Obama; I can promise you that!"
#GOPDebate
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/chris-christie-hell-trusted-dead-king-jordan/story?id=35785558
11 favorites, 6 retweets (17 total)

37) Carson: "Enough with this PC stuff. I mean, if you are against gays or think all Muslims are terrorists, whatever, you know?"
#GOPDebate
12 favorites, 5 retweets (17 total)

37) Christie: "I hugged Obama once, but not a day goes by where I don't regret it, even though I always think about it."
#GOPDebate
14 favorites, 3 retweets (17 total)

42) Cruz: "Hillary/Obama get distracted. I'm now going to answer your question which had nothing to do w/Reagan & talk about Reagan."
#GOPDebate
9 favorites, 7 retweets (16 total)

42) Cruz: "What we have to fear more than anything else isn't weather, isn't guns, isn't terrorism; it's political correctness!"
#GOPDebate
11 favorites, 5 retweets (16 total)

42) GOP:"Hopefully the people learned: 1) Recession & 9/11 happened under PBO, 2) Hillary is VP, & 5) All Lives Matter but Muslims'."
#GOPDebate
11 favorites, 5 retweets (16 total)

42) Pataki: "I disagree with what President Trump said, but what he said is still Obama and Hillary's fault!"
#GOPDebate
12 favorites, 4 retweets (16 total)

42) Graham: "If you elect me, give me a few guns & rocket launchers, and I'll go over there and kill all the terrorists myself!"
#GOPDebate
13 favorites, 3 retweets (16 total)

47) Jeb!: "This is the least secure we've been since World War II, for 9/11 happened before then!"
#GOPDebate
11 favorites, 4 retweets (15 total)

48) Rand: "Hold on a sec. I'm going to take a drag on medical marijuana before speaking. That's better. Where was I going with this?"
#GOPDebate
9 favorites, 5 retweets (14 total)

48) Christie: "Obama is a pathetic weakling who has an incredibly warm embrace. I know this first-hand."
#GOPDebate
10 favorites, 4 retweets (14 total)

48) Rand: "The biggest threat to our country is a secret handshake. Stay far far away from the secret handshake!"
#GOPDebate
10 favorites, 4 retweets (14 total)

51) Fiorina: "I'm going to close this by reminding everyone, while it has improved a lot, Obama's website failed once, so yeah!"
#GOPDebate
9 favorites, 4 retweets (13 total)

52) Cruz: "Want to get into a pissing contest?"

Rubio: "Well, like, duh..."
#GOPDebate
8 favorites, 4 retweets (12 total)

52) Rubio: "Even though I've already said our country is weak w/Obama, vote for me to keep this nation the strongest in the world."
#GOPDebate
10 favorites, 2 retweets (12 total)

54) Christie:"I'm in on this bet on who can say the names Hillary/Obama the most, so Hillary, Hillary, Hillary, Obama, Obama, Obama!"
#GOPDebate
7 favorites, 4 retweets (11 total)

54) #GOPDebate
Biggest winners: Liquor companies & ISIS recruiters
Biggest losers: Anyone with fully functioning ears
7 favorites, 4 retweets (11 total)

54) GOP: "We need a Commander-in-Chief who knows what he's doing! Gosh, where's Dubya when you need him?"
#GOPDebate
9 favorites, 2 retweets (11 total)

54) ...and the second Fallacyoholics Anonymous meeting of the night is about to start now!
#GOPDebate
9 favorites, 2 retweets (11 total)

58) Cruz:"I got beat up once by a 2-year-old, Daisy, when I was 23, but believe me, I could destroy every terrorist w/my bare hands!"
#GOPDebate
4 favorites, 6 retweets (10 total)

58) Huckabee: "You can't have it both ways where you say you're more Christian than me & believe in the Constitution. Like whatever."
#GOPDebate
9 favorites, 1 retweet (10 total)

58) Carson: "Allow me to recite a poem I wrote: Attack ISIS, attack hummus, attack lysis, attack fungus w/a hammer & a belt buckle."
#GOPDebate
9 favorites, 1 retweet (10 total)

61) Hewitt: "I'm now going to ask you all to spell the word 'nuculer.' That's 'nuculer.' We'll call Dubya and start with him."
#GOPDebate
5 favorites, 4 retweets (9 total)

61) Huckabee: "Obama called ISIS like a JV team. Hey, the only JV team is us four on the stage right now!"
#GOPDebate
7 favorites, 2 retweets (9 total)

61) Cruz: "Obama needs to stop focusing on gun violence & to instead focus on allowing terrorists to buy guns in this great nation!"
#GOPDebate
7 favorites, 2 retweets (9 total)

61) Trump:"Since I have a big big lead, I'm going to get half of our viewers to turn off their TVs by saying the word 'penetration.'"
#GOPDebate
7 favorites, 2 retweets (9 total)

61) Carson: "Tis the season and all. Speaking of which, I'm going to talk to you about little bombs and decorations..."
#GOPDebate
8 favorites, 1 retweet (9 total)

66) Graham: "Look, if Rambo were a true story, Sylvester Stallone's character would have been based on me. Fact! I'm that tough!"
#GOPDebate
4 favorites, 4 retweets (8 total)

66) Graham: "It's like my math teacher once told me, 'You were right more than you were wrong!' I answered 11 out of 20 right."
#GOPDebate
5 favorites, 3 retweets (8 total)

68) Huckabee: "I trust Trump more than Hillary! His big beautiful wall idea turns me on more than 'Cat Scratch Fever'."
#GOPDebate
4 favorites, 3 retweets (7 total)

68) Deep thoughts
Christie: "A no-fly zone means a no-fly zone."
#GOPDebate
4 favorites, 3 retweets (7 total)

68) Fiorina:"Trump sounded like PBO. You can't agree w/him on anything! He has cooties & eats dogs' cousins!"
#GOPDebate
http://gawker.com/in-an-effort-to-humanize-herself-carly-fiorina-eats-do-1748126395
6 favorites, 1 retweet (7 total)

71) Fiorina: "Even though we want to be a big part of the government, we have to be better than the government we're a part of."
#GOPDebate
6 favorites, 0 retweets (6 total)

72) Huckabee: "While we should hand terrorists as many guns as they want here, Syrian refugees fleeing terror should be refused!"
#GOPDebate
2 favorites, 3 retweets (5 total)

72) Santorum: "Trump saying Muslims shouldn't be allowed to travel here had nothing to do w/Muslims & everything to do with Obama!"
#GOPDebate
4 favorites, 1 retweet (5 total)

72) Graham/Pataki/Santorum/Huckabee: "We're simply not polling well b/c of the president! Thanks, Obama!"
#GOPDebate
5 favorites, 0 retweets (5 total)

75) Rubio: "You think Trump likes hyperboles? I like them too, so please allow me to prove that to you all today."
#GOPDebate
3 favorites, 1 retweet (4 total)

75) Trump: "Let me show you how you bully ISIS. John (Kasich), Jeb, Carly, moderators, get over here..."
#GOPDebate
3 favorites, 1 retweet (4 total)

77) Jeb: "You can't become president by insulting people."
Trump: "Hey loser, you can't spell 'president' w/o 'insulting everyone.'"
#GOPDebate
2 favorites, 1 retweet (3 total)

78) Jeb!: "I know what I don't know, & I know I don't stand much of a chance, so that could very well come in handy down the line."
#GOPDebate
2 favorites, 0 retweets (2 total)

Overall numbers: 1,099 favorites/645 retweets (averages of 14.09 favorites/8.27 retweets)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"