Skip to main content

Week 15 NFL Predictions

Thursday
Game: Tampa Bay at St. Louis

Prediction: Tampa Bay - I get nervous picking either one of these teams. Tampa Bay may be 6-7, but they seem to find themselves in nail-biters week in and week out. St. Louis' offense has been awful for most of the season and their defense has been getting battered and bruised in recent weeks. Since I see these two teams as fairly even ordinarily, I'll go with the healthier Buccaneers on the road by 4.

Result: St. Louis 31 Tampa Bay 23

Record: 0-1


Saturday
Game: NY Jets at Dallas

Prediction: NY Jets - So long as Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn't get careless with the football, I don't think the Cowboys stand much of a chance in this game. Look for Matt Cassell to have another subpar performance and for the Jets to come out on top by 10.

Result: NY Jets 19 Dallas 16

Record: 1-1


Sunday
Game: Chicago at Minnesota

Prediction: Minnesota - Both teams have been struggling in recent weeks, but Minnesota played well in their Thursday night loss to Arizona. I look for them to build off that solid showing to upend the reeling Chicago Bears. I'll take the Vikings by a touchdown.

Result: Minnesota 38 Chicago 17

Record: 2-1


Game: Atlanta at Jacksonville

Prediction: Jacksonville - After starting the season 5-0, the Atlanta Falcons have lost 7 out of 8, and I've lost all faith in them in the process. I'll go with suddenly hot Jacksonville Jaguars at home, to improve to 6-8, and potentially wind up in a 3-way tie atop the AFC South. Jacksonville by 6.

Result: Atlanta 23 Jacksonville 17

Record: 2-2


Game: Houston at Indianapolis

Prediction: Houston - After Indianapolis' awful performance against Jacksonville on Sunday, I have a difficult time seeing them get their problems sorted in the next week. Not only that, but with Matt Hasselbeck getting hurt on Sunday, there's a question on who will be starting behind center for the Colts in this game. Given all these questions and the team's performance of late, I'm going to take the Texans by a field goal.

Result: Houston 16 Indianapolis 10

Record: 3-2


Game: Carolina at NY Giants

Prediction: Carolina - Call me crazy, but I could see the Giants pulling off the upset here. Of course, I'm not going to pick them, but if their defense shows up, I could see the Giants making a game of this. Having said that, though, I'm still going with the Panthers by a touchdown.

Result: Carolina 38 NY Giants 35

Record: 4-2


Game: Tennessee at New England

Prediction: New England - I don't care how banged up the Patriots are, I can't for the life of me see them falling to the Titans. I'm taking the Pats at home by 17.

Result: New England 33 Tennessee 16

Record: 5-2


Game: Buffalo at Washington

Prediction: Buffalo - While Washington has been a much better team at home than on the road, I just think Buffalo has the better football team, and with the Bills coming off a disappointing loss to Philadelphia on Sunday and dropping to 6-7 in the process, they're officially in desperation mode. Buffalo will need to win out in order to have any shot at the post season. I'll take the Bills by a field goal.

Result: Washington 35 Buffalo 25

Record: 5-3


Game: Kansas City at Baltimore

Prediction: Kansas City - Kansas City may not pass many people's "eye-test," however they seem to almost always find ways to win. I look for that to continue against the injury-riddled Baltimore Ravens. I'm taking the Chiefs on the road by 10.

Result: Kansas City 34 Baltimore 14

Record: 6-3


Game: Cleveland at Seattle

Prediction: Seattle - Johnny Manziel provided a much needed spark to the Cleveland Browns offense in their win over San Francisco on Sunday, snapping a 7-game losing streak. That spark won't be nearly enough to beat one of, if not the hottest team in all of football right now, Seattle. I'll take the Seahawks by 17.

Result: Seattle 30 Cleveland 13

Record: 7-3


Game: Green Bay at Oakland

Prediction: Green Bay - Green Bay played their best game in at least a month in their win over Dallas on Sunday. Oakland surprised many with their upset victory over Denver, but they only scored 15 points in the game, which has been fairly typical of them over the past month or so. They're going to need to score a lot more than 15 points to beat the Packers and I don't see that happening. I'll take Green Bay by a touchdown.

Result: Green Bay 30 Oakland 20

Record: 8-3


Game: Denver at Pittsburgh

Prediction: Pittsburgh - With Ben Roethlisberger finally healthy, the Pittsburgh Steelers offense is rolling, scoring 33 on one of the league's best defenses on Sunday, Cincinnati. I look for them to keep rolling with a big win at home against the Broncos. Pittsburgh by a touchdown.

Result: Pittsburgh 34 Denver 27

Record: 9-3


Game: Miami at San Diego

Prediction: Miami - Neither team is anything special, so I'll give a slight edge to the healthier of the two teams - Miami. I'm going with the Dolphins by a field goal.

Result: San Diego 30 Miami 14

Record: 9-4


Game: Cincinnati at San Francisco

Prediction: Cincinnati - Even without Andy Dalton at quarterback, I think the Bengals have far too much talent to lose to the 49ers. I'll go with Cincinnati by a touchdown.

Result: Cincinnati 24 San Francisco 14

Record: 10-4


Game: Arizona at Philadelphia

Prediction: Arizona - Philly has been playing better since Sam Bradford returned from injury, Arizona's aggressive defense will likely give him fits, not to mention Carson Palmer will likely give the Eagles secondary fits as well. I'll go with Arizona by 10.

Result: Arizona 40 Philadelphia 17

Record: 11-4


Monday
Game: Detroit at New Orleans

Prediction: Detroit - This is a difficult pick, because I have little faith in Detroit's offense and no faith in the Saints' defense. Given that bit of information, however, I will give an edge to a talented but underachieving offense over an awful defense. Detroit by 6.

Result: Detroit 35 New Orleans 27

Record: 12-4


Week 15 Record: Either 12-4 (.750)

Overall Record: 131-93 (.585)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"