Skip to main content

Week 16 NFL Predictions

Thursday
Game: San Diego at Oakland

Prediction: Oakland - San Diego played arguably their best football game of the season in their 30-14 win over Miami on Sunday. However, to say the Dolphins didn't come to play would be like to say there are times Bernie Sanders' hair is reminiscent of Doc Brown from Back to the Future. I'd like to believe the young Raiders, at home, will play more inspired football. I'll take Oakland by a field goal.

Result: Oakland 23 San Diego 20 OT

Record: 1-0


Saturday
Game: Washington at Philadelphia

Prediction: Philadelphia - Washington scored late to beat Philly at home earlier in the season. For as wacky as the NFC East has been this year, I have a difficult time seeing it get clinched before Week 17. I'll go with the Eagles at home by 4.

Result: Washington 38 Philadelphia 24

Record: 1-1


Sunday
Game: New England at NY Jets

Prediction: This was a tough game for me to pick. It's huge for both teams, as the Jets now find themselves on the outside looking in on the playoff picture, needing to win to keep pace with Kansas City and Pittsburgh, who are both 9-5 as well. New England will likely need to win this game to remain the top seed in the AFC. Given that, I have a difficult time going against Brady, Gronkowksi, and Belichick. I'll take the Pats by a field goal.

Result: NY Jets 26 New England 20 OT

Record: 1-2


Game: Houston at Tennessee

Prediction: Houston - Marcus Mariota will be out for this game, so unless the Titans get a few lucky bounces, I don't believe they stand much of a chance. I'll take the Texans by 10.

Result: Houston 34 Tennessee 6

Record: 2-2


Game: Cleveland at Kansas City

Prediction: Kansas City - Johnny Manziel, welcome to Arrowhead, one of the best, loudest stadiums in all of football. I look for the Chiefs to keep rolling, beating the Browns by at least 10.

Result: Kansas City 17 Cleveland 13

Record: 3-2


Game: Indianapolis at Miami

Prediction: Miami - Andrew Luck will again be out for the Colts. The Dolphins laid a complete egg against then 3-10 San Diego on Sunday. If they don't play with more fire and inspiration, they'll likely lose this one as well. However, I'd like to believe, being professionals as they are, they'll be able to bounce back from an embarrassing showing against the Chargers to win this one by 4.

Result: Indianapolis 18 Miami 12

Record: 3-3


Game: San Francisco at Detroit

Prediction: Detroit - San Francisco has struggled a great deal on the road this year, and I don't like how Blaine Gabbert matches up with the improving Detroit Lions defense. So long as Matthew Stafford doesn't get turnover-happy, I like for the Lions to win this one by 10.

Result: Detroit 32 San Francisco 17

Record: 4-3


Game: Dallas at Buffalo

Prediction: Buffalo - It's getting incredibly difficult for me to pick the Cowboys anymore. They've been playing teams tough; their defense has played well for the most part this season, but their offense has been one of the least efficient in all of football. Given that, I'll take the Bills at home by a touchdown.

Result: Buffalo 16 Dallas 6

Record: 5-3


Game: Chicago at Tampa Bay

Prediction: Tampa Bay - While I don't have a great deal of faith in the young and inconsistent Tampa Bay Buccaneers, I have even less faith in Jay Cutler and the Bears on the road. I'll take the Bucs at home by 4.

Result: Chicago 26 Tampa Bay 21

Record: 5-4


Game: Carolina at Atlanta

Prediction: Carolina - Atlanta may have finally won this past weekend, but that doesn't mean they've reinstilled my faith in them, not nearly enough to believe they'll be the first to defeat the Carolina Panthers. I'll go with Carolina by a couple touchdowns.

Result: Atlanta 20 Carolina 13

Record: 5-5


Game: Pittsburgh at Baltimore

Prediction: Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh is one of the hottest teams in football, is currently in the playoffs, and I don't expect them to let go of that spot. Steelers by a couple touchdowns.

Result: Baltimore 20 Pittsburgh 17

Record: 5-6


Game: Jacksonville at New Orleans

Prediction: Jacksonville - I initially had New Orleans, but in watching their Monday night game against Detroit, I've changed my mind. Not only is Drew Brees hobbling around, but the Saints defense, especially their pass defense, is simply dreadful. I'll go with Jacksonville by 4.

Result: New Orleans 38 Jacksonville 27

Record: 5-7


Game: St. Louis at Seattle

Prediction: Seattle - Seattle's already clinched a playoff spot, but that's not enough for the two-time defending NFC champs. St. Louis will give them some problems on offense, but not nearly enough to pull out the victory on the road. I'll take Seattle at home by 10.

Result: St. Louis 23 Seattle 17

Record: 5-8


Game: Green Bay at Arizona

Prediction: Arizona - I just think Arizona is the better all-around football team. They're better on defense than the Packers, could very well be better on offense, and are better on special teams. I'll go with the Cardinals at home by a touchdown.

Result: Arizona 38 Green Bay 8

Record: 6-8


Game: NY Giants at Minnesota

Prediction: Minnesota - I initially took the Giants, but with Odell Beckham now being suspended for this contest, I have to go the other way and take the Vikings at home. I'll go with Minnesota by 6.

Result: Minnesota 49 New York Giants 17

Record: 7-8


Monday
Game: Cincinnati at Denver

Prediction: Denver - Who would have ever thought this game would match up Brock Osweiler and A.J. McCarron? Not me, that's for sure... While Denver's offense still makes me nervous, I believe their defense (and perhaps the altitude) will post more problems for the young Bengals quarterback than vice versa. It should be a close, ugly, low-scoring game throughout, but in the end, I'll take the Broncos at home by a field goal.

Result: Denver 20 Cincinnati 17 OT

Record: 8-8


Week 16 Record: 8-8 (.500)

Overall Record: 139-101 (.579)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"