Skip to main content

Week 14 NFL Predictions

Thursday
Game: Minnesota at Arizona

Prediction: Arizona - Minnesota is definitely an improved football team, but when they've squared off against good teams, they've fallen short to this point in the season. I look for that trend to continue on the road against 10-2  Arizona. Expect for the aggressive Cardinals defense to get after Teddy Bridgewater and wreak havoc in the backfield. I'll take the Cardinals at home by 10.

Result: Arizona 23 Minnesota 20

Record: 1-0


Sunday
Game: Buffalo at Philadelphia

Prediction: Buffalo - Even though the Eagles pulled off an unlikely upset in Foxboro, I'm still not ready to buy into this team. Their offense did anything but impress and I have a difficult time seeing them score three special teams touchdowns again. I'll go with the Bills on the road by a touchdown.

Result: Philadelphia 23 Buffalo 20

Record: 1-1


Game: San Francisco at Cleveland

Prediction: San Francisco - Even though the 49ers are 4-8, one has to give the team credit for not quitting on their coaches and teammates. After giving Arizona a hard time the week prior, San Francisco pulled off a big road upset against Chicago in overtime. Cleveland, meanwhile, appears lost and done, like the season is already over. Given that, I like for the Niners to pull through with another road win. I'll take San Francisco by a field goal.

Result: Cleveland 24 San Francisco 10

Record: 1-2


Game: Detroit at St. Louis

Prediction: Detroit - One has to wonder where Detroit's head will be for this game after their heart-breaking loss to Green Bay on Thursday night. I like how they're playing football right now, though, much more so than the offensively inept St. Louis Rams. I'll go with the Lions on the road by a touchdown.

Result: St. Louis 21 Detroit 14

Record: 1-3


Game: New Orleans at Tampa Bay

Prediction: Tampa Bay - Even though the Bucs are 6-6 and fighting for a playoff spot, I'm still nervous to pick them. Besides their dominating victory over Philadelphia a couple weeks ago, it's felt as though their other five wins came late and ugly. Given how ugly the New Orleans defense is, though, I'll tentatively go with Tampa to win this one by 3.

Result: New Orleans 24 Tampa Bay 17

Record: 1-4


Game: Tennessee at NY Jets

Prediction: NY Jets - Who was that Tennessee Titans team on Sunday, putting up 42 points in a win against Jacksonville? Whoever that was, I don't foresee the Titans offense being nearly as successful against the rugged Jets defense. I look for New York to improve to 8-5 with a 10-point win in this game.

Result: NY Jets 30 Tennessee 8

Record: 2-4


Game: Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

Prediction: Cincinnati - If Pittsburgh's defense shows signs of improvement, I could very easily see them winning this contest. However, I don't see that happening against Andy Dalton, A.J. Green, and company. I'll take the Bengals at home by 4.

Result: Pittsburgh 33 Cincinnati 20

Record: 2-5


Game: Indianapolis at Jacksonville

Prediction: Jacksonville - So long as Blake Bortles doesn't get turnover-happy, I like the Jaguars chance at home against the Colts. Look for Allen Robinson to put up big numbers against the subpar Colts defense. I'll take the Jags by 4.

Result: Jacksonville 51 Indianapolis 16

Record: 3-5


Game: San Diego at Kansas City

Prediction: Kansas City - No matter how it fares on the eye-test, Kansas City is just finding ways to win football games. Once 1-5, the Chiefs have won six straight, and are right in the thick of the AFC playoff race. Look for that to continue at home against the battered and bruised San Diego Chargers. I'll take Kansas City by 10.

Result: Kansas City 10 San Diego 3

Record: 4-5


Game: Washington at Chicago

Prediction: Chicago - This pick makes me nervous, especially after Chicago lost at home to San Francisco in overtime this past weekend. But Washington, while great at home this year, has yet to win a road game. They've appeared like two completely different teams, so I'm going to go with the Bears at home by 3.

Result: Washington 24 Chicago 21

Record: 4-6


Game: Atlanta at Carolina

Prediction: Carolina - What happened to the Atlanta Falcons? Starting the year 5-0, the Falcons have fallen to 6-6, are now on the outside looking in when it comes to the playoff picture, and I have an incredibly difficult time seeing them be the first team to upend Carolina, especially on the road. I'll go with the Panthers by 10.

Result: Carolina 38 Atlanta 0

Record: 5-6


Game: Seattle at Baltimore

Prediction: Seattle - It's like I said when I picked Seattle over Minnesota this past week, following the Seahawks win against Pittsburgh, it felt like Pete Carroll's team was about to go on yet another late-season run. Expect that to continue against the undermanned Baltimore Ravens. I'll take the Seahawks by a couple touchdowns.

Result: Seattle 35 Baltimore 6

Record: 6-6


Game: Oakland at Denver

Prediction: Denver - With Denver's offense being anything but noteworthy, it always makes me nervous picking them against talented offensive teams, like Oakland. However, so long as Brock Osweiler doesn't get too careless with the football, I like for the Broncos stout defense to do enough to pull out yet another victory. I'll go with Denver by 6.

Result: Oakland 15 Denver 12

Record: 6-7


Game: Dallas at Green Bay

Prediction: Green Bay - Green Bay has not been playing very good football of late, but for as banged up as they've been at receiver, that pales in comparison to the injury problems facing the Cowboys. I'll take the Packers at home by 10.

Result: Green Bay 28 Dallas 7

Record: 7-7


Game: New England at Houston

Prediction: New England - The Patriots are not playing very good football right now, but I have a difficult time seeing Belichick and Brady lose their third straight. I'll take the Pats on the road by a field goal.

Result: New England 27 Houston 6

Record: 8-7


Monday
Game: NY Giants at Miami

Prediction: NY Giants - Both teams come into this game at 5-7 and currently on the outside looking in at the playoffs. Due to the Giants defense improving with their pass rush in recent weeks and the Dolphins not showing much signs of life on offense of late, I'll take the Giants on the road by 6.

Result: NY Giants 31 Miami 24

Record: 9-7


Week 14 Record: 9-7 (.563)

Overall Record: 119-89 (.572)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"