Skip to main content

Bush Quote Commentary


Here are, in my opinion, the top 100 George W. Bush quotes (Bushisms) and underneath them in italics will be a smart aleck remark responding to each quote. Keep in mind, these are responses to the quote, so if the president says "you" in his quote, like he's talking to me and others, I may respond with "you" in my comment as well. This "you" is not directed toward the reader, just to the former president. So, don't take anything I say personally, unless you're Mr. Bush, then I can completely understand.


100. "This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mential losses." - At a South Carolina oyster roast, as quoted in the Financial Times, Jan. 14, 2000
- With saying that, it sounds like the president has had his share of "mential" losses.

99. "Bill wrote a book at Yale. I read one." - George W. Bush, on William F. Buckley, Al Smith Dinner, New York City, Oct. 19, 2000
- Was this a picture book by any chance?

98. "The senate needs to leave enough money in the proposed budget to not only reduce all marginal rates, but to eliminate the death tax, so that people who build up assets are able to transfer them from one generation to the next, regardless of a person's race." - Washington D.C., April 5, 2001
- Why even bring up race? The fact that he brought up race means that it is an issue. That deserves a dur-dur-dur.

97. "Drug therapies are replacing a lot of medicines as we used to know it." - George W. Bush, third presidential debate, St. Louis, Missouri, Oct. 18, 2000
- Just like a lot of psychological therapies are replacing counseling.

96. "The Bob Jones policy on interracial dating, I mean I spoke out on interracial dating. I spoke against that. I spoke out against interracial dating. I support the policy of interracial dating." - George W. Bush, interview with CBS News, February 25, 2000
- Why don't you tell us how you really feel...

95. "The administration I'll bring is a group of men and women who are focused on what's best for America, honest men and women, decent men and women, women who will see service to our country as a great privilege and who will not stain the house." - Des Moines Register debate, Iowa, Jan. 15, 2000
- Have you had problems with Barbara, Laura or your two daughters in the world of staining or something?

94. "But Iraq has - have got people there that are willing to kill, and they're hard-nosed killers. And we will work with the Iraqis to secure their future." - George W. Bush, Washington D.C., April 28, 2005
- So, let me get this straight. You claim that Iraqis are hard-nosed killers and that we will work to help them secure their future? Yeah, now that's making sense.

93. "It would be helpful if we opened up ANWR (Arctic National Wildlife Refuge). I think it's a mistake not to. And I would urge you all to travel up there and take a look at it, and you can make the determination as to how beautiful that country is." - Press conference, Washington D.C., March 29, 2001
- I will. After reading that quote, I booked a flight for the ANWR and will be spending the holidays there. Once I return, I will be sure to give you my insight on its beauty.

92. GOV. BUSH: “Because the picture on the newspaper. It just seems so un-American to me, the picture of the guy storming the house with a scared little boy there. I talked to my little brother, Jeb - I haven't told this to many people. But he's the governor of - I shouldn't call him my little brother - my brother, Jeb, the great governor of Texas.”
JIM LEHRER: “Florida.”
GOV. BUSH: “Florida. The state of the Florida.”- The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer, April 27, 2000
- …and George was the Governor of what state? Florida? I mean, the Texas?

91. "I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well." - George W. Bush, Washington D.C., Jan. 29, 2001
- Preserving executive powers for: Clinton, Ford, Carter, your daddy? How does that work?

90. "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program." - George W. Bush, Nov. 2, 2000
- They want the local government to control local businesses locally, I know.

89. "I understand small business growth. I was one." - New York Daily News, Feb. 19, 2001
- So, the president believes in reincarnation and he was never a butterfly or anything of the sort. He was a small business growth.

88. "Of all states that understands local control of schools, Iowa is such a state." - Council Bluffs, Iowa, Feb. 28, 2001
- Of all the presidents who understand how to speak eloquently, George is such a president.

87. "The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants." - George W. Bush, Jan. 14, 2001
- I really believe that the driver in an automobile needs the all-out drive to drive that automobile. He has to have the drive to drive the drive, you see. I am that driver in that automobile, because I have the drive to drive the drive.

86. "I was raised in the West. The west of Texas. It's pretty close to California. In more ways than Washington, D.C., is close to California." - George W. Bush, in Los Angeles as quoted by the Los Angeles Times, April 8, 2000
- Maine is pretty close to Oregon. They both have the cities of Portland, but the city of Portland, Maine is a bit east to that of Portland, Oregon.

85. "It's about past seven in the evening here so we're actually in different time lines." - George W. Bush, congratulating newly elected Philippine President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, Washington, D.C., Jan. 2001
- I'm drinking Pepsi over here and you're drinking water. They have different calorie amounts, you know?

84. "There are some monuments where the land is so widespread, they just encompass as much as possible. And the integral part of the- the precious part, so to speak- I guess all land is precious, but the part that the people uniformly would not want to spoil, will not be despoiled. But there are parts of the monument lands where we can explore without affecting the overall environment." - Media round table, Washington, D.C., March 13, 2001
- What kind of drug was he on when he said this? I'm sorry Mr. President, medication ::wink::.

83. "I think it's very important for world leaders to understand that when a new administration comes in, the new administration will be running the foreign policy." - George W. Bush, interview with USA Today, Jan. 12, 2001
- I'd like to point out the very important fact that since LeBron James got signed by the Miami Heat, he will be playing for the Miami Heat.

82. "I'm the master of low expectations." - George W. Bush, abroad Air Force One, June 4, 2003
- That's quite the statement for a politician to make. It'll be hard to earn brownie points from the public with that kind of sentiment - "You know, things aren't going well right now and that's alright, because that's just what I expected and to be perfectly honest, that's what I expect all throughout my tenure. If something great happens, which would be unexpected, then that'd be terrific, but let's not get our hopes up."

81. "I think we are welcomed. But it was not a peaceful welcome.” - George W. Bush, defending Vice President Dick Cheney's pre-war assertion that the United States would be welcomed in Iraq as liberators, NBC Nightly News interview, Dec. 12, 2005
- There was this one time when I went to a party and people began throwing beer bottles, cigarettes, pool balls and whatever they could find at me. I was there, so I was welcomed. It was not the friendliest of welcomes, but I was welcomed nonetheless.

80. "If you don't stand for anything, you don't stand for anything!" - George W. Bush, Bellevue Community College, Nov. 2, 2000
- For once, I will have to agree with the president. I mean, it's as simple as, "If you're reading a book, you're reading a book" or "If you're eating food, then you're eating food!" It's so logical when you think about it.

79. "Wow! Brazil is big." - George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Brasilia, Brazil, Nov. 6, 2005
- George is obviously a visual learner...

78. "And if you're interested in the quality of education and you're paying attention to what you hear at Laclede, why don't you volunteer? Why don't you mentor a child how to read?" - St. Louis, Missouri, Jan. 5, 2004
- With your "mential" problems, how about you "mentor" a child how to read?

77. "It is time to set aside the old partisan bickering and finger-pointing and name-calling that comes from freeing parents to make different choices for their children." - Remarks on "parental empowerment in education," Washington, D.C., April 12, 2001
- I thought you signed a bill which stated that this country’s official language is English. There are always exceptions, I suppose.

76. "I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children." - George W. Bush, second presidential debate, Oct. 11, 2000
- So, an effort for racial profiling is literate children? I'm confused, Mr. President.

75. "I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun." - George W. Bush, third presidential debate, St. Louis, Missouri, Oct. 18, 2000
- Now, there's a thought...

74. "We discussed the way forward in Iraq, discussed the importance of a democracy in the greater Middle East in order to leave behind a peaceful tomorrow." - George W. Bush, Tbilisi, Georgia, May 10, 2005
- Just as we discussed to go ahead a violent yesterday. Yeah, that makes sense.

73. "It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way." - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005
- Okay, so with your logic, it's in our country's best interests to find those who would not harm us and put them in harm's way? I hate to disagree with you on this, but I think that kind of logic may get us into some trouble, sir.

72. "The truth of the matter is, if you listen carefully, Saddam would still be in power if he were the president of the United States, and the world would be a lot better off." - George W. Bush, second presidential debate, St. Louis, Missouri, Oct. 8, 2004
- You said this when you were actually president? Are you admitting that the U.S. would be better off with Saddam Hussein as president than you? That is a scary thought.

71. "In other words, I don't think people ought to be compelled to make the decision which they think is best for their family." - George W. Bush, on smallpox vaccinations, Washington, D.C., Dec. 11, 2002
- I agree. It's all about what's best for you. If you have some left over to give to the family, then that's great, but if not, it's not going to kill them or anything.

70. "We'll let our friends be the peacekeepers and the great country called America will be the pacemakers." - George W. Bush, Houston, Texas, Sept. 6, 2000
- Okay, now how is that actually going to work?

69. "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." - George W. Bush, Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000
- Just as I know that Bush and a dictionary can coexist peacefully. Eh, that might be stretching it.

68. "We look forward to hearing your vision, so we can more better do our job. That's what I'm telling you." - George W. Bush, Gulfport, Mississippi, Sept. 20, 2005
- Did you ever take English for a class? On any level?

67. "Another example would be the Dred Scott case, which is where judges, years ago, said that the Constitution allowed slavery because of personal property rights. That's a personal opinion. That's not what the constitution says. The constitution of the United States says we're all- you know, it doesn't say that. It doesn't speak to the equality of America." - George W. Bush, second presidential debate, St. Louis, Missouri, Oct. 8, 2004
- Do you know anything about the Constitution, Mr. President? I read that at one point, you referred to it as "Just a piece of paper." Did you have an advisor read you what is in the Constitution every now and again, along with what you were read in the daily briefings? How about comic strips? Horoscopes?

66. "Actually, I- this may sound a little West Texan to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about- when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me." - George W. Bush, Hardball, MSNBC, May 31, 2000
- No, that doesn't sound West Texan. That doesn't sound West anything. That just sounds completely stupid.

65. "They said, 'You know, this issue doesn't seem to resignate with the people.' And I said, you know something? Whether it resignates or not doesn't matter to me, because I stand for doing what's the right thing, and what the right thing is hearing the voices of people who work." - George W. Bush, Portland, Oregon, Oct. 31, 2000
- Did you inhale a lot at the gas station as a kid?

64. "I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things." - George W. Bush, aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003
- Might as well call him Curious George. He does things just due to curiosity, as opposed to actually thinking things through first. I knew some people like that once, back in 2nd grade.

63. "Those who enter the country illegally violate the law." - George W. Bush, Tucson, Arizona, Nov. 28, 2005
- Those who have children are parents.

62. "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." - George W. Bush, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, May 14, 2001
- You’re going to do something about what exactly? Try to reverse the numbers? “For every non-fatal shooting, there are three fatal shootings.” Don’t set your goals too high now.

61. "Never again in the halls of Washington, D.C., do I want to have to make explanations that I can't explain." - George W. Bush, Portland, Oregon, Oct. 31, 2000
- This is a regular occurrence for you, isn't it, George?

60. "I was going to say he's a piece of work, but that might not translate too well. Is that all right, if I call you a 'piece of work'?" - George W. Bush, to Jean-Claude Juncker, prime minister of Luxembourg, Washington, D.C., June 20, 2005
- George, is it alright if I call you an idiot?

59. "We must have the attitude that every child in America- regardless of where they're raised or how they're born- can learn." - New Britain, Connecticut, April 18, 2001
- Okay, I'm just going to pretend you didn't say that.

58. "I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to come and witness my hanging." - George W. Bush, at the dedication of his portrait, Austin, Texas, Jan. 4, 2002
- Mr. Execution himself, eh? What goes around comes around, I guess.

57. "The woman who knew that I had dyslexia- I never interviewed her." - George W. Bush, responding to a magazine article claiming he suffered from dyslexia, Orange, California, Sept. 15, 2000
- Dyslexics are supposedly bright, so I don't think you have anything to worry about there, Georgie.

56. "I think we agree. The past is over." - On his meeting with John McCain, Dallas Morning News, May 10, 2000
- I think we agree. You are stupid.

55. "Will the highways on the Internet become more few?" - Concord, New Hampshire, Jan. 29, 2000
- Will your brain cells become less more? I'd love to hear your answer. Please lend me your "mential" insight.

54. "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test." - George W. Bush, Feb. 21, 2001
- Thank God you were never an English professor. I'm sure there were red marks all over your papers when you got them back from teachers. They probably required you to purchase red pieces of paper to save them some time.

53. "We will make sure our troops have all that is necessary to complete their missions. That's why I went to the Congress last September and proposed fundamental- supplemental funding, which is money for armor and body parts and ammunition and fuel." - George W. Bush, Erie, Pennsylvania, Sept. 4, 2004
- Where did they buy these body parts, Mr. President? What parts were bought most frequently? Was this by any chance a Freudian slip? Do you happen to buy body parts?

52. "I'm going to spend a lot of time on Social Security. I enjoy it. I enjoy taking on the issue. I guess, it's the Mother in me." - George W. Bush, Washington D.C., April 14, 2005
- The father in you is a scary thought. The governor and president in you is an even scarier thought. Now, the mother in you? That one may take the cake right there.

51. "I'm occasionally reading, I want you to know, in the second term." - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 16, 2005
- That's a step up from the first term. Which children’s book are you reading now?

50. "I can only speak to myself." - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005
- That's actually somewhat believable.

49. "I am mindful of the difference between the executive branch and the legislative branch. I assured all four of these leaders that I know the difference, and that difference is they pass the laws and I execute them." - George W. Bush, Dec. 18, 2000
- I’m mighty proud that the President of the United States knows the difference between the executive and legislative branches of government. I think he deserves some cookies or perhaps pretzels would be a better idea.

48. "You know, sometimes when you study history, you get stuck in the past." - George W. Bush, on what he told Russian president Vladimir Putin, as quoted in the Wall Street Journal, June 25, 2001
- Sometimes when you walk, you move.

47. "This administration is doing everything we can to end the stalemate in an efficient way. We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." - George W. Bush, April 10, 2001
- Why does that come as no surprise? A solution to this administration is like kryptonite to Superman.

46. "But the true strength of America is found in the hearts and souls of people like Travis, people who are willing to love their neighbor, just like they would like to love themselves." - George W. Bush, Springfield, Missouri, Feb. 9, 2004
- That's just a little bit too much information on Travis and others like him.

45. "I hope you leave here and walk out and say, 'What did he say?'" - George W. Bush, Beaverton, Oregon, Aug. 13, 2004
- You will be very pleased once you walk out of here then, that's for certain.

44. "First, we would not accept a treaty that would not have been ratified, nor a treaty that I thought made sense for the country." - George W. Bush, on the Kyoto accord, April 24, 2001
- We elected you and you don't make sense for this country, so I guess that makes sense.

43. "There’s a huge trust. I see it all the time when people come up to me and say, 'I don't want you to let me down again.'" - George W. Bush, Boston, Massachusetts, Oct. 3, 2000
- So, what you're saying is this huge trust is basically the fact that the people can't trust you?

42. "If they pre-decease or die early, there's an asset base to be able to pass on to a loved one." - George W. Bush, on Social Security money held in private accounts, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, March 30, 2005
- If decease means to die, wouldn't "pre-decease" mean before death? So, if there were such a term as "pre-decease," wouldn't every living person be in that stage of life?

41. "I have said that the sanction regime is like Swiss cheese- that meant that they weren't very effective." - White House press conference, Washington, D.C., Feb. 22, 2001
- I have to say that speed limit laws are like Cadbury eggs, meaning that they are quite effective.

40. "Those of us who spent time in the agricultural sector and in the heartland, we understand how unfair the death penalty is." - Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 28, 2001
- Yes, and the professional athletes understand the research and studies surrounding global warming.

39. "I recently met with the finance minister of the Palestinian Authority, was very impressed by his grasp of finances." - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 29, 2003
- I met a history teacher once and was blown away by his knowledge of history.

38. "First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill." - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 19, 2003
- Wow, this is true! Everyone, even George learns something new every day! Alright, I shouldn’t get carried away. George learns something new every tenure. No, that might not be accurate either. George learns… Eh, perhaps it was just this one time.

37. "If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign." - George W. Bush, Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000
- Sadly enough, even after hearing that, people joined their campaign.

36. "I'm gonna talk about the ideal world, Chris. I've read- I understand reality. If you're asking me as the president, would I understand reality, I do." - On abortion, Hardball, MSNBC, May 31, 2000
- No, no, reality passed you long ago. I'm asking you, Mr. President, do you understand anything?

35. "Laura and I really don't realize how bright our children is sometimes until we get an objective analysis." - CNBC, April 15, 2000
- The whole world would be shocked if they found out you “was” ever bright.

34. "The most important job is not to be Governor, or First Lady in my case." - George W. Bush, Pella, Iowa, as quoted by the San Antonio Express-News, Jan. 30, 2000
- That makes for an odd visual.

33. "I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep on the soil of a friend." - George W. Bush, on visiting Denmark, Washington D.C., June 29, 2005
- So, describe this friend's soil to me, Georgie.

32. "Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'" - George W. Bush, in a speech about childhood education, Washington, D.C., April 2, 2002
- Is this a nightly occurrence?

31. "We look forward to analyzing and working with legislation that will make- it would hope- put a free press's mind at ease that you're not being denied information you shouldn't see." - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 14, 2005
- I don’t think anything you say puts my mind at ease, and you analyzing? That makes me shudder.

30. "Who could have possibly envisioned an erection- an election in Iraq at this point in history?" - George W. Bush, at the White House, Washington, D.C., Jan. 10, 2005
- Obviously you, with that Freudian slip, and possibly Lance Bass or George Michael.

29. "Just remember it's the birds that's supposed to suffer, not the hunter." - George W. Bush, advising quail hunter and New Mexico Sen. Pete Domenici, Roswell, New Mexico, Jan. 22, 2004
- You should tell your buddy, Dick Cheney, about that one.

28. "[A]s you know, these are open forums, you're able to come and listen to what I have to say." - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Oct. 28, 2003
- Yeah, as we all know, unfortunately.

27. "And so, in my State of the- my State of the Union- or state- my speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation- I asked Americans to give 4,000 years- 4,000 hours over the next- the rest of your life- of service to America. That's what I asked- 4,000 hours." - George W. Bush, Bridgeport, Connecticut, April 9, 2002
- It's sad when a president doesn't even know what his State of the Union speech is called. Then, 4,000 years? Even 4,000 hours? That would be the equivalent of approximately 167 days. The president didn’t even give that during his tenure...not 4,000 good productive hours of service anyway.

26. "If affirmative action means what I just described, what I'm for, then I'm for it." - George W. Bush, during the third presidential debate, St. Louis, Missouri, Oct. 18, 2000
- He makes it so easy on himself. If he doesn't understand a question, went blank for a moment, doesn't remember what he said previously, then the guy resorts to responses like this one. Way to go, Mr. President!

25. "In this job you've got a lot on your plate on a regular basis; you don't have much time to sit around and wander, lonely, in the Oval Office, kind of asking different portraits, 'How do you think my standing will be?'" - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 16, 2005
- Just the fact that the president said this means he had thought about it. Because he said it and thought about it, chances are he thought about it while in the Oval Office, and who knows? For the portraits are my witnesses, he really asked them what his standing would be, amongst other very deep, philosophical questions. That's what portraits are most known for, you know.

24. "I don't bring God into my life to - to, you know, kind of be a political person." - George W. Bush, interview with Tom Brokaw aboard Air Force One, April 24, 2003
- You could never "kind of be a political person" no matter how hard you tried, buddy.

23. "The folks who conducted to act on our country on September 11th made a big mistake. They underestimated America. They underestimated our resolve, our determination, our love for freedom. They misunderestimated the fact that we love a neighbor in need. They misunderestimated the compassion of our country. I think they misunderestimated the will and determination of the Commander-in-Chief, too." - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2001
- I don't think anyone could "misunderestimate" your idiocy.

22. "Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness." - George W. Bush, in a CNN online chat, Aug. 30, 2000
- Yeah, and it's those that follow through with what they said they were going to do that you really have to watch. There's something very suspicious about those fellows, not that you’d know or anything.

21. "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." - George W. Bush, Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000
- I'm sure you do. I'm sure you learned in your own special little way as a child, that in order to fill yourself, you had to pour some meat, fruit, vegetables and your choice of beverage, all onto yourself. Or perhaps you did this as a religious ritual that no one else in the world knows about.

20. "There's a lot of people in the Middle East who are desirous to get into the Mitchell process. And- but first things first. The- these terrorist acts and, you know, the responses have got to end in order for us to get the framework- the groundwork- not framework, the groundwork to discuss a framework for peace, to lay the- all right." - George W. Bush, referring to former Sen. George Mitchell's report on Middle East peace, Crawford, Texas, Aug. 13, 2001
- To lay the what? Please finish your thought. On second thought, don’t do that. Just stop talking altogether.

19. "Do you have blacks, too?" - to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001
- Are you referring to markers? Crayons? Roulette? Or are you referring to something which makes you sound extremely stupid? I’m going to place all my money on the fourth option there.

18. "Now, we talked to Joan Hanover. She and her husband, George, were visiting with us. They are near retirement- retiring- in the process of retiring, meaning they're very smart, active, capable people who are retirement age and are retiring." - George W. Bush, Alexandria, Virginia, Feb. 12, 2003
- How many times can you use some form of the word 'retire' in a sentence? Jorge does it five times here. If that's not some kind of record, then I'm sure George, himself, broke it.

17. "Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better." - George W. Bush, in a press conference with Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, Sept. 24, 2001
- After looking at a map, I’m sure the president is still confused by this.

16. "In Iraq, no doubt about it, it's tough. It's hard work. It's incredibly hard." - George W. Bush, repeating the phrases "hard work," "working hard," "hard choices," and other "hard"-based verbiage 22 times in his first debate with Senator John Kerry
- It's hard, hard work, incredibly hard work trying to sit through a speech of his.

15. "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" - George W. Bush, Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000
- Not rarely is the question asked - Is you an idiot?

14. "I'm hopeful. I know there is a lot of ambition in Washington, obviously. But I hope the ambitious realize that they are more likely to succeed with success as opposed to failure." - George W. Bush, Jan. 18, 2001
- I hope that my team realizes that they are more likely to win if they score more points than the opponent as opposed to less.

13. "It is white." - George W. Bush, asked by a child in Britain what the White House was like, July 19, 2001
- In this very short Q&A session, I wonder who had the higher IQ between the two...

12. "I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." - George W. Bush, speaking at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002
- Whether the president is there physically or not, he's never really "there," so his physical presence at a meeting or a conference is pretty irrelevant.

11. "There's an old saying in Tennessee- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee- that says, fool me once, shame on- shame on you. Fool me- you can't get fooled again." - George W. Bush, Nashville, Tennessee, Sept. 17, 2002
- That’s funny, because you were fooled once and documents indicate that you did in fact get fooled again, several times.

10. "One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared.'" - Governor George W. Bush, Dec. 6, 1993

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"