Skip to main content

Every Kiss Does NOT Begin With Kay

Between the music, the dialogue and the acting, these Kay commercials come across to me as a hybrid of a soap opera and an awful made-for-tv movie.

The basic outline for a Kay commercial is as follows:

1) Cue the cheesy Hallmark music - Go!

2) Present Hollywood-esque romantic scene that has a 2.2 - 3.09% chance of presenting itself in reality. Check.

3) Have the male chime in with a dramatic one-liner with cliché written all over it, such as, "You deserve everything, which is why I got you this..."

4) At this very time, he presents his gift from Kay.

5) Overdramatic reaction by the female. Teardrops. Mouth agape. Phony smiles. Check.

6) The female then responds with a lovely one-liner of her own, such as, "I'll never cheat on you again. Now, kiss me."

7) Cue the kiss.

8) Now for the closer - "Every kiss begins with Kay."

After having to sit through these darn things, I think I can say for many people that no longer does kiss begin with "Kay," it begins with "Gag".

Personally, I like my rendition of one of these stupid commercials better. We'll keep the same cheesy hallmark music in tact, along with the signature line, but I'd like to switch up the dialogue some.

Male: ::as he presents his Kay jewelry gift to the lovely lady:: "I love you more than anything and wanted to illustrate this very love through a piece of jewelry."

Female: "Wait? Where did you get the money for this?"

Male: "Don't worry about it. Trust me."

Female: "But, we're on a very tight budget here. You and I both know we can't go around spending money like this, especially during this recession."

Male: "Don't worry. I stole it. I dressed up as Big Bird. There's no way they'll ever find me."

Female: "What if the authorities find out? What will you do then? What if you go to jail for this?"

Male: "For this one magical moment we're having here, it'd be worth it, just to show you I love you."

Female: "Oh my God! You're such an idiot! What about our kids? Do you really want them growing up without a father?"

Male: "I thought I wasn't the father."

Female: "You know what I mean. Both George and William are in prison as it is. I don't need their two actual fathers and you all in jail."

Male: "But, I love you and..."

Female: "Oh, shut it! We need to figure out how to get out of this country and hide out for a while."

Male: "I'm sorry, sweetie."

::the two embrace one another, which is followed by a peck on the lips::

"Every Kiss Begins with Kay."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"