Skip to main content

Crabby Old Men

I wonder what the likelihood is of men's age and crabbiness to increase alongside one another. I don't know the exact percentage, but with the old man I bumped into a few year's ago, that percentage is 100% (1 for 1...small sample size, I know).

Directly behind our old house is a public horsetrail for people to ride their horses, walk their dogs or jog. We have two Siberian Huskies and if anyone knows anything about these kind of dogs, they need their share of exercise. Because of that, I try to take them for 3-4 walks a day. I've been doing this for I don't know how long now. Today, I walked (literally) into a situation I never had before.

At around 1:00 PM central standard time, my mom and I took our two dogs for a walk. Every day, I take them eastbound and side-by-side, there are two houses with fences or gates that have dogs (go figure). The yard that's fenced in has an underground pool and a tan lab or retriever-looking dog. Regardless of how near or far I am with the dogs to the fence, that dogs barks like crazy. I heard the owners consistently telling him to calm down and get away from the fence. Whenever my dogs get near the house, they walk right past it like no dog was there, because he didn't present himself as the kindest cat (dog, in this case) in the neighborhood. Next door is a gated in yard with a small white cockapoo-looking thing, reminiscent of our old dog whom had to be put down a couple years ago. Whenever we walked by that house and the dog was out in the yard, one of our Huskies, Tara, made this whimpering noise. This day was no different. The lab barked like crazy and as the white cockapoo made its presence known, Tara started to make that whimpering noise. At this, I looked down at her and smiled, because it's kind of cute, I think. Right then, this old man started yelling at my mom and I.

"Oh, so you think it's funny, do you?" he asked.

"What?" I responded, in confusion.

"I've been watching you for the past 6 months and every day, you walk by and you tease that dog next door and think it's funny," he said, raising his voice with each and every word.

I kind of laughed (which couldn't have pleased him) and said, "Whatever, buddy."

My mom then tried explaining why I had smiled (like there was something wrong with that), but he wouldn't let us get any words in and he kept ranting, "No, I know what he's doing! He's been doing this for 6 months now!"

My mom said, "He's just a crabby old man that has nothing better to do."

That didn't please him either. As she and I began to walk off, he didn't stop, "Yeah, well, we'll see how you like it when I bring my dog around by your house. You'll be sorry!"

I chimed in with, "Enjoy the rest of your period! Have a nice day!"

So, let me get this straight, dogs that make other dogs bark in one way or another are teasing that dog? If that's the case, then not I nor anyone else can walk our dogs around in a public area, because there will be other dogs around and when these dogs see other dogs walking by, they're going to start barking. Even if there is no walking going on, dogs next door to one another can start barking and provoke another to bark. If all this is construed as is teasing, then what's the point of even having dogs?

I don't know what that guy's problem was today, but I suggest some prozac and a new brand of tampons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"