Skip to main content

"Truth isn't truth!"

On Meet the Press this past Sunday, former New York City Mayor and current Trump stooge Rudy Giuliani got into the following back-and-forth with host Chuck Todd:

Giuliani: "And when you tell me that, you know, he (Trump) should testify because he's going to tell the truth and he shouldn't worry, well that's so silly because it's somebody's version of the truth. Not the truth. He didn't have a, a conversation --"

Todd: "Truth is truth. I don't mean to go like --"

Giuliani: "No, it isn't truth. Truth isn't truth. The President of the United States said, 'I didn't --'"

This wasn't the first time someone affiliated with Donald Trump attempted to push such a narrative, but that doesn't mean we can't have a little fun with it.

Since even before his inauguration, Donald Trump has called most mainstream media outlets, "Fake news."

Kellyanne Conway has referred to lies purported by the president and members of his administration as "alternative facts."

Trump has stated something along the lines of, "What you're seeing isn't what's actually happening."

Not long before Giuliani declared that "truth isn't truth," he was quoted as saying, "Facts are in the eye of the beholder."

Never did I think we'd enter the post-truth realm of life, but here we are, at least to approximately 1/3 of the U.S. population. Up is down. Black is white. Sky is ground. Left is right. Given Giuliani's most recent quote, expect him to utter the following ridiculous lines in the future:

- "When it comes to Papadopoulos, Flynn, Gates, Manafort, and now Cohen, as a former lawyer, I can tell you first hand, guilt isn't guilt."

- "Why'd you mark this wrong, teach? The answer was C) and I put A)? But A) isn't A)!"

- "Excuse me, waiter? I ordered the chicken. This is chicken? No, no, no, chicken isn't chicken. These are pancakes."

- "Honey, where are you going? I'm not f*cking your sister! Remember what we talked about in Vegas that one time? Anal isn't anal!"

- "Officer, yes, the speed limit is 65, but you know as well as I that 65 isn't 65, right? 95, meanwhile, is 65."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/20/politics/rudy-giulliani-meet-the-press/index.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...