Skip to main content

What I learned in Week 11 of the NFL season

In Week 11 of the NFL season I learned that...

- ...nobody circles the wagons like Frank Reich against the Buffalo Bills.

- ..., after the season, Baker Mayfield is scheduled to undergo a full-body transplant.

- ...the soap opera known as the Las Vegas Raiders will soon appear on "The Maury Povich Show," where they will ultimately learn who their father is.

- ...anyone who sat through the entirety of the Dolphins/Jets game was automatically entered into a raffle for a chance to win $100,000. As there were no entries, we'll have to wait until next year for a winner.

- ...it appears the Pete Carroll-Russell Wilson marriage will be coming to an end. While Wilson will fall back to his girl on the side - Ciara, Carroll will start training for the Olympics.

- ..., with his four picks against the lowly Houston Texans on Sunday, Ryan Tannehill is now being rumored to be the Atlanta Falcons quarterback of the future.

- ...it's just the right dose and prescription when Dr. Rodgers gets a taste of his own medicine.

- ...the NFL has become more unpredictable than weather forecasts in never-never land.

- ..., given his play, Jonathan Taylor is set to star in the latest rendition of "Beauty & the Beast." No, he's not the beauty...

- ...Aaron Rodgers' toe hurts. Chances are he'll treat it with a combination of Dimetapp, Imodium, and Pepto Bismol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...