Skip to main content

Speaker Johnson Prays for Voter Fraud

With each passing day, it becomes increasingly clear voters don't approve of Donald Trump's war with Iran; voters don't approve of the financial repercussions which have resulted from it; and to put it bluntly, voters simply don't approve of Donald Trump as president. 

Historically, presidents have been offered a honeymoon after starting a war overseas. It wasn't until months, even years after the initial strike when voters began to sour on things. Just ask Vietnam. Oh, and Afghanistan. Did I mention Iraq? No such grace-period was provided for Trump and his war with Iran, however. There wasn't a 9/11-style attack on American soil to trigger a bloodthirsty, united front at home. During his campaign, Trump even called himself the anti-war president, promising there would be no new wars, adding that prices were going to come waaaaaay down. So, what did he decide to do? Start a new war, which caused prices to go waaaaaay up. While it's true, 9 times out of 10, presidents aren't directly responsible for substantial increases in gas prices, this is that 1 out of 10 - Donald Trump struck an oil-rich country, and through no coincidence, we saw prices skyrocket.

Not only is the war with Iran bigly unpopular, the same goes for its initiator, Donald Trump. According to The Economist, Trump possesses a positive net-approval in just three states: Idaho (+9), Wyoming (+14), and West Virginia (+6). Out of the 342,600,000 people living in the United States, the three aforementioned states have a combined population of 4,385,033, or 1.28% of the country's total population. How bad is it for Trumpty Dumpty? He's: -7% in Oklahoma, -22% in Texas, -26% in Ohio, he's even -12% in Mormon-dominated Utah, not to mention -28% in typically-conservative South Carolina. Hell, I grew up in Nebraska, a very RED state, where he currently sits at a net-16%. Arkansas? -11%. Alabama? -10%. Mississippi? -17%. Pick a state, any state, besides Idaho, Wyoming, and West Virginia, and there are more people who disapprove than approve of the Slanderer-in-Chief. 

Given all this, and the fact the party, who doesn't control the Oval Office, tends to make Congressional-inroads in midterm elections, has the GOP more worried than an arachnophobic hypochondriac being kidnapped by Spiderman. Immediately after Donald Trump's reelection, the odds were in Democrats' favor to pick up seats in the midterms. Those odds have exacerbated, due to the historic unpopularity of Trump, his war, and his economy. Oh, but never fear, MAGA, for Speaker Johnson is here to pray for voter fraud.

Not only does the modern-day Republican Party love crashing economies, they also love suppressing voting rights. Sure, if you're a self-described heterosexual, rich, white, Christian male, you'll be free from said voter-suppression. If you're anyone else, though, chances are the GOP sees you as a threat to their power and control, so they'll send you through a series of metal detectors and scope every inch of your body with a magnifying glass, just to make sure you're a legitimate citizen, who should be allowed to vote in what they ardently declare as the "greatest, freest country in the world." This is why the party has been diagnosed, by me no less (not a doctor), as having VFT Syndrome, or Voter-Fraud Tourette's Syndrome. Any chance they get, they scream, "VOTER FRAUD!," and start calling for voter-suppression bills to get passed; signed; and implemented. With MAGA, though, every accusation is a confession (projection), and the same is true here. Just look at how Donald Trump tried to overturn the 2020 election. When he failed in the courts and in threatening state legislators, he incited members of his cult to terrorize the U.S. Capitol. 

That brings us to today. As noted, the Republican Party knows they're in a heap of trouble, just 2.5 months away from the midterms. Frankenstein (the GOP) has lost control of its monster (Donald Trump), and what's their only hope? Speaker Mike Johnson, care to chime in?

"We're gonna win the midterms. I'm very bullish about the outcome. We talk about it all the time, and with each passing day, I'm more confident."

Oh, really? ...and what makes you so confident, grand ol' delusional one?

"This is a God thing. We have intercessory prayers, who are on the grounds at the Capitol praying each of these things through."

There you have it, folks. Why will the Republican Party win the midterms? Because the elections are apparently rigged by an almighty god, who has predestined the outcomes "in the greatest, freest country in the world." 

I love this kinda talk, because it genuinely shows just how far off the deep end the modern-day Republican Party has traveled. Not even a sober Siri can get them back on track. People can label me whatever they want: liberal, progressive, moderate, left-of-center, etc., but one thing I've never been able to stand is consistent inconsistency. 

I'm not going to sit here and say there are scientific probabilities on the efficiency of prayer, but let me ask Speaker Johnson this: When have thoughts and prayers ended gun violence? When have thoughts and prayers ended poverty and starvation? When did your thoughts and prayers bring about a defeat of Barack Obama in the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections? To me, there's a stark difference between thinking about and praying for someone close to you, as it can help them fight, knowing they're loved and serve a purpose, and praying for bigger things, which comes from a feeling of helplessness, denial, and/or deception (I'm guessing more the latter two for the Mike Johnsons of the world). 

I also love the fact these prayers are occurring at the U.S. Captiol. Think about that for a second. At the very building a mob of incels attacked ruthlessly, threatening and endangering people's lives, all to try and overturn the results of a legitimate, democratically-held presidential election, people are praying for the party of the man, who incited these countless criminal acts, to win the midterm elections. 

It's times like these I have to wonder if any Trump-supporter has actually read the Bible. 

Donald Trump is a 34x-convicted felon.

Donald Trump was found liable of fraud twice.

Donald Trump was found liable of defamation twice.

Donald Trump was found liable of raping a woman.

Donald Trump was impeached for extorting an ally.

Donald Trump was impeached for inciting a domestic-terrorist attack.

Donald Trump lied 30,573 times during his first term in office.

Donald Trump has been unfaithful to all three of his wives.

Donald Trump allegedly raped an ex-wife.

Donald Trump allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl.

It's like I've long said, you can worship Jesus; you can support Donald Trump, but you cannot both worship Jesus and support Donald Trump. I'm not a religious man, and even I know Donald Trump's behavior and rhetoric are antithetical to the teachings of Jesus. He's quite literally anti-Christ. Oh, but sure, pray for this so-called Christ to rig the elections in favor of an anti-Christ. I'm sure that will work, bigly.

https://truthout.org/articles/this-is-a-god-thing-johnson-claims-prayers-will-help-gop-win-the-midterms/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another look at "The Nightly Show" with Larry Wilmore

After its first week, I gave The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore a B+ grade. While I didn't think the show appeared to be perfect by any stretch of the imagination, I also liked the Daily Show  meets Politically Incorrect vibe I got from it, and thought, with the proper adjustments, the show would indeed provide a great fill-in for The Colbert Report . In the show's succeeding weeks, however, I've been less impressed by it and think that if it doesn't make certain adjustments, it could be in jeopardy of losing many long-time viewers of the show's time slot. One major issue I think the show's had to this point is a lack of direction. It's been unable to decide whether it wants to be a comedy show with serious conversation sprinkled in or a serious show with comedy sprinkled in. It's almost as if the show's writers want to give The Nightly Show a Real Time with Bill Maher feel. The problem with that idea or format is the fact Real Time is an hour lon...

My first book review of "Penetrating the Heart of Life: Ambiguous In Thought, Ambivalent In Feeling"

Well, I received my first book review on this poetry-compilation book I completed and published late last year, but have finally gotten around to marketing now. The reviewer gave it 5 out of 5 stars and said: "I enjoyed the poetic journey the writer has taken me on. From darkest days and hopeful optimism to the conclusion of hope realized. The visual images that the poem titled "Room Temperature" elicits, made me think of the song, "Horse With No Name" sung by the band America. In a similar manner, another poem – "Deafening Sigh-lence" reminded me a great deal of Simon & Garfunkel’s song, "The Sound of Silence". There are so many poems in this book that I related to, that I felt a connection to the author and felt that we were traveling on this journey together." http://www.lulu.com/shop/craig-rozniecki/penetrating-the-heart-of-life-ambiguous-in-thought-ambivalent-in-feeling/paperback/product-18677501.html

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...