Skip to main content

What I learned in Week 10 of the NFL season

In Week 10 of the NFL season, I learned that...

- ...the only ones in attendance at the New York trash bowl between the Jets and Giants were rats - ten of them.

- ...the Miami Dolphins are better than I thought they were, much like getting hit by a semi-truck going 110 mph is better than getting hit by one going 111 mph.

- ..., even if the NFL were a flag football league, the Cincinnati Bengals would always find a way to lose, as every Bengals player would kneel at the sight of a flag - to the point where even Colin Kaepernick would shout, "Get your dumb asses up!"

- ...the Kansas City Chiefs defense is so bad, Northwestern could score on them.

- ...the league should permit marijuana use by players, if only to clam down one particular individual. The implementation would go by the name The Token By The (Philip) Rivers Rule.

- ...Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett are slated to co-author the book, "How to Underachieve, Ya'll."

- ...it clearly states in the NFL rule book, "If a defender grabs a hold of a receiver before the ball arrives and appears to dance with him, it is not interference. It isn't even reviewable. The receiver should just thank the defender; grab him by the hand; and take a bow alongside him."

- ...Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff may soon be nicknamed the Golden Earring of the league, as it appears he may be a two-hit wonder.

- ...a team may sign Antonio Brown just to release him, for the Steelers, Raiders, and Patriots are now a combined 18-9. The move will reportedly be referred to as, "Bye Bye SOB AB."

- ...the New Orleans Saints apparently forgot to adjust their mental clocks for Daylight Savings...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...