Skip to main content

What I learned in Week 17 of the NFL season

In Week 17 of the NFL season, I learned that...

- ..., if playwright Edward Albee were still alive, he'd likely write, "Who's Afraid of John Wolford?"

- ..., if you breathe within 6' of Kirk Cousins, you'll be flagged for roughing the passer.

- ...Jon Gruden is a much more imposing figure when he resembles the beer-belly rendition of the Chucky doll.

- ...the Cleveland Browns hands team knows only one play - what they call the Heart Attack Induction.

- ..., if you want to make-a-wish to score a touchdown in an NFL game, it doesn't matter who you are, just line up behind the Baltimore Ravens o-line and face the Cincinnati Bungles.

- ...the Miami rookie quarterback was nicknamed "Tua Tackle, Vailoa!," for he threw so many picks, coaches constantly yelled at him to tackle the defender with the ball.

- ...those Chuck Norris memes are so 2010 and need to be replaced with ones featuring Derrick Henry. Unlike with Norris, though, the Henry "jokes" will all be true.

- ...Gardner Minshew will have the most serious job in the league next season - teaching future Jaguar Trevor Lawrence how to grow a mustache.

- ..."SNL" should run a classic George Wendt-led segment, where another Bears fan drunkenly blurts, "Who lost the last game of the regular season and were able to sneak into the playoffs because some Cardinals forgot how to fly? Da Bears!"

- ...Kirk Cousins shall forever be known as "Puffs Ultra," for he's the softest quarterback in the league.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...