Skip to main content

What I learned in Week 3 of the NFL season

In Week 3 of the NFL season, I learned that...

- ..., if Aaron Rodgers were part of a band, they'd inevitably be called Mullets of the Stone Age.

- ...Ben Roethlisberger has the grace of a drunken tree stump.

- ...we can now accurately determine what it is the Cleveland Browns defenders eat for breakfast - Justin Fields.

- ...the Jets and Giants are so bad, Frank Sinatra has risen from the grave to re-title his classic song as "Yorkie, Yorkie."

- ..., when describing Bill Belichick, even mimes say he's "a man of few words."

- ..., after Nebraska dominated and found a way to lose to Michigan State on Saturday night, with many suggesting it was the most ridiculous loss of the year, the Detroit Lions answered the call on Sunday by saying, "Hold our balls."

- ...DeSean Jackson was a cheetah in a present life.

- ...Derek Carr's pick-six was a blessing in disguise, for it was simply Jesus telling him that giving to the less fortunate will pay great dividends at the end of a football game.

- ...it's only a matter of time before Justin Tucker writes the book, "How to Kick Things 66 Yards in Your Mansion Bedroom to Spice Up Your Sex Life."

- ...the only thing cuter than a grumpy cat, puppy, or baby is a losing Tom Brady.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...