Skip to main content

What I learned in Week 5 of the NFL season

In Week 5 of the NFL season, I learned that...

- ...Russell Wilson has given so many people the finger, his middle digit sometimes goes up without him even realizing it.

- ...Londoners have officially joined "Cancel-Culture," for after having to sit through the Jets/Falcons game, they want to permanently ban the NFL from their country.

- ...Urban Meyer throws a challenge flag like a girl...who doesn't know where she's going in life, yet finds reason in giving an 0-4 coach a lap-dance at one of his restaurants after he consumed several three wise men shots.

- ..., if NFL referees were to write a Jeff Foxworthy-esque book, entitled, "You might get a flag if...," it would be so long, it'd make "War & Peace" resemble a haiku.

- ...Patches O'Houlihan apparently needs to provide a lesson to NFL kickers, where he will at one point inevitably say, "If you can kick a wrench, you can kick a ball!"

- ...the Kansas City Chiefs defense is so bad, even newborns can run right through it.

- ..., given the controversial Jon Gruden emails which were recently exposed to the public, expect this Halloween costume to come soon to a store near you: Michelin Lips Chucky.

- ...the New York Giants are so banged up, even walking corpse Ben Roethlisberger said, "Damn, I wouldn't want to be them!"

- ...the Detroit Lions are well on their way to becoming the best 0-16 team in NFL history.

- ...it appears to be Matt Nagy's goal to make Justin Fields the Aaron Brooks of Trent Dilfers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...