Skip to main content

What I learned in Week 6 of the NFL season

In Week 6 of the NFL season, I learned that...

- ..., since he won his first NFL game there, the odds are Urban Meyer's girl on the side will change her name to Cayman London.

- ...officials now require Kyler Murray to give consent before a defender can tap him on the shoulder.

- ..., Cleveland is so beat up, they will temporarily change their name to the James Browns.

- ..., growing up in Wyoming, Josh Allen apparently only had access to the yard-game "Slip 'n' Sneak."

- ...you can forget smart-cars; the most efficient mode of transportation is Derrick Henry.

- ..., if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's a Patrick Mahomes interception.

- ..., after the New York Giants starting quarterback's turnover-filled outing on Sunday, Denny Green has risen from the dead to shout, "DANIEL JONES IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!"

- ..., due to his recent play, Sam Darnold has generated a brand new statistical phenomenon which shall be known as "regression toward the green (Jets)."

- ..., when his playing days are done, Aaron Rodgers is set to star in the film "Teen Bear," where he owns bears, and beginning with a mullet, he slowly becomes one.

- ..., with the numbers increasing daily, there's now a 97% chance Jon Gruden was part of the January 6th attacks on the Capitol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...