Skip to main content

Transcript for Podcast: "I Feel Snitty," Episode 175: "'Weirdos' (parody based on the David Bowie song, 'Heroes')" is now available!

Podcast: I Feel Snitty

Episode 175: "Weirdos" (parody based on the David Bowie song, "Heroes")

Premiere Date: 2/12/2022

Length: 5:59 (263 words)

Link: https://ifeelsnitty.podbean.com/e/weirdos-parody-based-on-the-david-bowie-song-heroes/

Transcript: 

“Weirdos” (parody based off the David Bowie song, “Heroes”)

You, you speak and tweet

“I am completely free!”

Then threaten to kill a blue jay

You can tweet that, but may still pay

You can be weirdos, but may still pay

 

And you can see movies

At a theater down the road

You shout the wrong trivia answers

Mumble about all the trailers

Then threaten to light the place on fire

But only you get burned that day

You can be weirdos, well, but with exceptions

Don’t be cray

 

You can fly in a plane

Like the snakes, snakes that fly on a plane

You can talk, bark, and hiss as much as you want

With the exception you start shouting, “BOMB!”

Yeah, you can be weirdos, but may still pay

 

You, you speak and tweet

“I am completely free!”

Then threaten to kill a blue jay

You can be weirdos, but may still pay

You can be schmucks, but may still pay

 

Nothing is absolute (absolutely)

Not even freedom (nor freedumb)

Ask law enforcement and physics (cops and physics)

Not to mention suspicious girlfriends (yes, all of them)

There are exceptions to every rule

Yes, even exceptions to exceptions too

Yeah, you can be weirdos, but may still pay

 

You can be weirdos

You can be weirdos

You can be weirdos

But may still pay

You can be weirdos

 

You can believe that the Earth is flat

You can speak and tweet that nonsense any day

But while not arrested, you may still pay

 

Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, you may still pay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...