It's becoming quite clear this is how the conversation went between Trump and Netanyahu 3 weeks ago.
Netanyahu: "Greetings."
Trump: "Peace be with everyone."
Netanyahu: "Speaking of which, I want you to bomb Iran."
Trump: "I'd love to, but I'm the anti-war president."
Netanyahu: "Trust me, I'll make it worth your while."
Trump: "Like, what, more golden showers in Russia?"
Netanyahu: "Ew, no."
Trump: "Hey, don't knock it unless you've sprayed it, or tried it, or something."
Netanyahu: "If you bomb Iran..."
Trump: "I'll beat loser Biden in 2020?"
Netanyahu: "No."
Trump: "Well, I'm not gonna lie, that's disappointing."
Netanyahu: "If you bomb Iran..."
Trump: "Ivanka won't be my daughter anymore, so she can be wife #4."
Netanyahu: "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that."
Trump: "Hear what?"
Netanyahu: "Exactly. Anyway, as I was saying..."
Trump: "That I want to bang my daughter?"
Netanyahu: "Ugh! Yuck! For the last time, let me finish!"
Trump: "Are you threatening me?"
Netanyahu: "Yes, what, no, why?"
Trump: "I was just going to say, you're lucky, oh so bigly lucky, I'm the most anti-war president in the history of the United Shtathes."
Netanyahu: "If you bomb Iran, I'll nominate you for the Nobel Peace Prize."
Trump: "Done. You see, that wasn't so hard, was it? I'm the greatest deal-maker in the history of deal thingies."
Netanyahu: "Yeah, sure, I gotta go and do something, anything - wash my hair. There, that's it."
Trump: "Thank you for your attention to this matter."
After its first week, I gave The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore a B+ grade. While I didn't think the show appeared to be perfect by any stretch of the imagination, I also liked the Daily Show meets Politically Incorrect vibe I got from it, and thought, with the proper adjustments, the show would indeed provide a great fill-in for The Colbert Report . In the show's succeeding weeks, however, I've been less impressed by it and think that if it doesn't make certain adjustments, it could be in jeopardy of losing many long-time viewers of the show's time slot. One major issue I think the show's had to this point is a lack of direction. It's been unable to decide whether it wants to be a comedy show with serious conversation sprinkled in or a serious show with comedy sprinkled in. It's almost as if the show's writers want to give The Nightly Show a Real Time with Bill Maher feel. The problem with that idea or format is the fact Real Time is an hour lon...
Comments
Post a Comment